ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Brisket turned out fabulous. The BGE as always performed at the highest level. Excellent bark and very tender. We ate much later than usual but no complaints.

"We have the tools. We have the talent!"

Good deal! I'm thinking about doing a brisket before long and mostly because I want some burnt ends.

Now that the weather has cooled off I'm going to start chopping wood again to make some more charcoal. The lump that I made last time should be good for long smokes because most of it is huge chunks. Might be a little harder to get it going good, but once it does...

UI_Holidays_Dessert-Day_news.png

Good morning D-League and friends everywhere
*Woke up this morning to another beautiful Lord's Day. A high of 87 today and plenty of sunshine. Very low humidity with 0 chance of rain.
*Coffee was extra good today out by the pool facing the lake. We are starting to get more ducks and cranes and the deeper we get into fall the more they will show up.
*The SEC got a little shook up yesterday. Georgia's march to Atlanta was slowed down by LSU. The Tigers threw a monkey wrench into everything. Sure did help us but watch out for the Gators. They may beat the Dawgs in Jacksonville.
*The Cardboard Boat Race was fun for all. Big turnout
.This week over in Ocala is another fun festival at the Livestock Pavilion and gardens. Cowboy boots and jeans gets you a free entry into it and the food is all Old Florida. Deer meat, gator meat, wild hog meat, fried bass and of course BBQ with swamp cabbage. That is to die for. They grill the gator and it is like a pig roast.
*Everyone have a blessed day and put plenty of sunshine in your life..
*Those that are feeling a little below par you have our prayers and thoughts. I am headed out to church and will say a special prayer.
enhance

enhance

Good morning D-League and friends everywhere
*Woke up this morning to another beautiful Lord's Day. A high of 87 today and plenty of sunshine. Very low humidity with 0 chance of rain.
*Coffee was extra good today out by the pool facing the lake. We are starting to get more ducks and cranes and the deeper we get into fall the more they will show up.
*The SEC got a little shook up yesterday. Georgia's march to Atlanta was slowed down by LSU. The Tigers threw a monkey wrench into everything. Sure did help us but watch out for the Gators. They may beat the Dawgs in Jacksonville.
*The Cardboard Boat Race was fun for all. Big turnout
.This week over in Ocala is another fun festival at the Livestock Pavilion and gardens. Cowboy boots and jeans gets you a free entry into it and the food is all Old Florida. Deer meat, gator meat, wild hog meat, fried bass and of course BBQ with swamp cabbage. That is to die for. They grill the gator and it is like a pig roast.
*Everyone have a blessed day and put plenty of sunshine in your life..
*Those that are feeling a little below par you have our prayers and thoughts. I am headed out to church and will say a special prayer.
enhance

enhance
I see those wild pigs all over here where I live. My dog chases them. Hope she never catches one

Morning D
Been a busy and hectic week
Older boy is home; as you all know he was medically discharged. On his flight home he made a couple of phone calls, had an interview Friday and boom got a job immediately. Working at DooWop in Louisville which is right up how alley. Loves it so far.
Of course that situation also put them in a bind financially. He couldn’t work here while paying for their apartment in CVille and save money to move. His wife couldn’t find a job down there to save her life down there...at least not one to accommodate 15 credit hours of school, plus work study, practicum and internship and enough to help save money. So...she’s left school to come here and get a full time job. Good news is she found one and starts work tomorrow. She also will be enrolling for evening classes up here in January so she can finish her degree.
Of course you can probably guess where they’re staying until they get what they need saved for an apartment in Louisville. They found one and can move in November 17. Good news is if they’re smart they’ll have what they need to move in quite easily. That means right now we have a total of four dogs and two cats in this house along with the five humans.
On top of that...both of their cars broke down. Nothing major for either but couldn’t do anything about it until yesterday. So I’ve been hauling them all over all week.
Rob FINALLY passed that kidney stone yesterday morning so now he’s feeling more himself now. Poor guy spent the week pretty miserable...he didn’t take the pain meds as he should because he hates being out of it all the time. So he gutted it out
Sad news with my oldest. She told us a few weeks ago that we were going to be grandparents again come May. Sadly she lost the baby on Wednesday...which was the day she had her first doctors appointment . I know how she feels...it’s difficult.
As much as I’m enjoying our football team and am excited about basketball it’s bittersweet. My daddy would have loved it all. I sure miss him.
Missed all you guys too
Hope all are well

I see those wild pigs all over here where I live. My dog chases them. Hope she never catches one
It would be like when the LSU back caught Art Still after Art intercepted a pass. Art carried him into the end zone on his back. The caption in the paper the next morning under the photo read. "Now you caught him, what are you going to do with him" No way he was going to bring Art down.

A wild hog can do a lot of harm.

It would be like when the LSU back caught Art Still after Art intercepted a pass. Art carried him into the end zone on his back. The caption in the paper the next morning under the photo read. "Now you caught him, what are you going to do with him" No way he was going to bring Art down.

A wild hog can do a lot of harm.
Absolutely! She only weighs 26 pounds. Now for her size she’s pure fire . She has killed a coon a possum etc. but a hog would destroy her in five seconds. Lol

Morning D
Older boy is home; as you all know he was medically discharged. On his flight home he made a couple of phone calls, had an interview Friday and boom got a job immediately. Working at DooWop in Louisville which is right up how alley. Loves it so far.
Of course that situation also put them in a bind financially. He couldn’t work here while paying for their apartment in CVille and save money to move. His wife couldn’t find a job down there to save her life down there...at least not one to accommodate 15 credit hours of school, plus work study, practicum and internship and enough to help save money. So...she’s left school to come here and get a full time job. Good news is she found one and starts work tomorrow. She also will be enrolling for evening classes up here in January so she can finish her degree.
Of course you can probably guess where they’re staying until they get what they need saved for an apartment in Louisville. They found one and can move in November 17. Good news is if they’re smart they’ll have what they need to move in quite easily. That means right now we have a total of four dogs and two cats in this house along with the five humans.
On top of that...both of their cars broke down. Nothing major for either but couldn’t do anything about it until yesterday. So I’ve been hauling them all over all week.
Rob FINALLY passed that kidney stone yesterday morning so now he’s feeling more himself now. Poor guy spent the week pretty miserable...he didn’t take the pain meds as he should because he hates being out of it all the time. So he gutted it out
Sad news with my oldest. She told us a few weeks ago that we were going to be grandparents again come May. Sadly she lost the baby on Wednesday...which was the day she had her first doctors appointment . I know how she feels...it’s difficult.
As much as I’m enjoying our football team and am excited about basketball it’s bittersweet. My daddy would have loved it all. I sure miss him.
Missed all you guys too
Hope all are well

Bev, life seems to come to us in cycles. You and your family have been through a really rough cycle recently. Here's hoping and praying that things smooth out. It's not the same without you popping in here on a regular basis.

Wife and I headed out for church now. Attending church is important for us. We don't have to do this but we really want to.

Last edited:
182 pounds for the last few days. Next weekend I should be at 180 and I'm going to start throwing in a few more carbs. Once I find out how many carbs and calories it takes to maintain that weight I'll be set.

Benefits I've noticed so far-
heart rate has gone from upper 80's to lower 70's.
easier to breathe
lower back pain is gone, no more sciatic nerve pain
sleep has improved
can walk around piddler malls all day without foot pain
increased energy

Cons I've noticed-
pants will fall off without a belt
some shirts still show the effects of a large belly, stretched out

Morning D
Missed all you guys too
Hope all are well

You're making it through the rough part. Things will smooth out soon and you'll appreciate it just that much more. You are a strong woman and a great mother so just keep on being you and you will make it through whatever life throws your way.

Post more.

Morning D
Missed all you guys too
Hope all are well
GBUC_zpsvvgxvpsr.gif

:pray:

Last edited:
182 pounds for the last few days. Next weekend I should be at 180 and I'm going to start throwing in a few more carbs. Once I find out how many carbs and calories it takes to maintain that weight I'll be set.

easier to breathe
sleep has improved
increased energy

Cons I've noticed-

ymmot heads off for the piddlers mall.

hqdefault.jpg

Is that you playing?
No I wish. His name is Charles Ritchie. I just picked him out because of the song he was playing. The name of the song is "What A Lovely Name" and it was written by an old friend, Charles Wycuff many, many years ago. But it is classic. It has been recorded by many, many artists over the years. One of my favorites is by Vestal Goodman who spent many years in Kentucky as the wife of a pastor. If you have a moment take a listen to her voice. She comes in about half way through and raises the roof.

easier to breathe
sleep has improved
increased energy

Cons I've noticed-
See that is what I was referring to when I said you were an inspiration. I got serious last Tuesday and through today I have dropped 6 pounds. That is about a pound a day. And I have even slid a few times but I am steady for 99% of the time. I am low carb also. I can tell my waist is slimming a bit but my wife says my face seems slimmer. I will get there

smash burgers was supper...bought me a couple of henckels chef knives...good knives do make a difference
rainy weather has caused a halt to my paver/ yard work so its on to a new brake job for my suv..ordered all my parts from rock auto all of it arrived cept one thing, it will get here Tuesday
Cats moved up on a bye week...I like it..BB madness is still a big thing to many but I kinda was not interested this year..same ol same ol to me plus we have a contender in football which is front burner stuff for me right now. Barnhart stayed steady and its finally paying off in all UK sports..
machine gun shoot was this weekend at knob creek .. could hear this from my house..thought we was gettin invaded earlier
Temps dropped form 90 to 55 like it had spotted a state trooper runnin radar

All I got..stay safe..stay healthy

See that is what I was referring to when I said you were an inspiration. I got serious last Tuesday and through today I have dropped 6 pounds. That is about a pound a day. And I have even slid a few times but I am steady for 99% of the time. I am low carb also. I can tell my waist is slimming a bit but my wife says my face seems slimmer. I will get there

Good for you man! I'm happy to hear that. Just make sure you drink enough water to stay hydrated so your body can burn the fuel you've got stored up.

smash burgers was supper...bought me a couple of henckels chef knives...good knives do make a difference

Smash burgers are awesome and now that I can cook them outside and not worry about smoke I'll probably work them in a couple of times a week. I've got 5 Henckels and I love them. There are better knives out there but they wouldn't make a bit of difference for me. It's a pleasure to use a razor sharp knife.

Finally sober. Spoiling FMG. She had French toast, cheesy scrambled eggs and bacon for brunch. Her youngest son has been here all day so of course he got brunch too. Cooking kills my appetite so my brunch was a cold cut chicken sammich!

Told my future step kids that Papa Ghost has the welcome mat out at all times...but on weekends I cook ONCE a day. So dinner tonight is ham, turkey, chicken and roast beef cold cuts and tater salad. You miss brunch, you’re out of luck!

“””””that doesn’t apply to Anna. Nana and Anna KNOW they get special treatment!””””

My wife used the nonstick pan I bought last week this morning for the first time. She said "that pan is awesome! I used it to cook some onions and they came out perfect and then I made some hash browns and they didn't stick at all!" I told her that was difference in a $90 pan and a $9 dollar pan like she had bought a couple of years ago. Then I told her it was good to go in the oven at up to 550° and she said she wanted all of our pans to be just like that one. Not giving up my cast iron or the stainless steel. They all have their place.

Good morning from ATX. Currently we've got a breezy 51°F. Temps should cool even more by 3 PM today. Looking at more beautiful rain throughout this week. Definitely jacket weather.

Good old Monday. Missed Wildcat football this weekend. I believe we play next Saturday night around 6 PM. Happy UGA lost. Co-worker will not be happy.

I'll check back later. Y'all behave.

Morning D. I hope everyone had a great weekend. We spent a long weekend in the town of St Michael's, a little fishing and crabbing town on the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake. Beautiful, crisp weather. Took a long boat ride down the bay and saw some beautiful waterfront mansions, including the one used in the key scenes of the movie Wedding Crashers. A nice change of scenery.

Good morning D-League and all
*Current temperature is 72 with a high of 90 today and plenty of sunshine. Should be a good day to get some work done around the house.
*Coffee was strong and good this morning. Black as tar and kicking like a Georgia mule.
*No name systems in the Gulf or Atlantic. Things are calming down and we pray no more this season.
*I am still trying to digest the football events this weekend. Georgia's loss to LSU knocked the door down for two SEC teams including our Cats. Our destiny is in our hands.
*My daughter decided she wants to go to Memphis and tour Graceland, etc. Stay at the Peabody Hotel. Asked if me and the wife wanted to go. The wife was all in and I said no way. I have had enough of Memphis for one lifetime. So they will go alone and enjoy. I will enjoy staying in Florida for a week alone and get some man things done without interference from the women folks. God love them.

Tampa, Florida 1895

enhance

ADVERTISEMENT