ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Alright, ATC...I guess that will suffice...for now. We at least know "the Head" part.

But eventually we just gots to know how the "Funky" got attached to Fred's persona. Is he Funky as in he refuses to take a shower. Or is he Funky as in he once jammed with George Clinton and Prince in the back room of some shady dive club in Minneapolis?

Inquiring minds and whatnot and so forth...
Hahahaha. Love you, man. Complex history. He earned that name after I returned from KY in 1980. Sometime during the mid-80s, I believe. I have a brother and a half-brother. Real quick, Old Freddy was originally from PA near Pittsburgh. Dad called him the "Pollack" often. Anyways, little brother, who played briefly for the Braves farm club, gave him that name because he'd stop their glass truck every time they saw a hot babe walking down a sidewalk. He'd yell, "hey babe, what's up?". Haha. Crazy.

Known you all this time...interwebz wise...and I never knew that your little bro played minor league ball. If you mentioned it before I must have been napping.

That's pretty effing cool. Bet he has some great stories.
He played AA ball for the old Savannah Braves. Got tied up with a couple chicks and couldn't climb up. 6'3', 230 at the time.

Hahahaha. While we sat in the infield, on top of these TALL U-Haul trucks, I continued screaming, "Petty!". After the race, we left and stopped by some convenience store in a convertible Pontiac. Cousin Fred gave me $4 in loose change and said, "please get me some cheese crackers". Hell, back then, those things only cost a quarter. We were effed up on pot and cheap beer. I kept the change.

Gonna give it back to him next year.
At least we now know why they called you Pissy Pete the Petty Pusher

wx_69.png
Mostly Cloudy 60° 38° sprinkle 38% (?)

anigif_enhanced-10456-1391741010-8.gif

SmilingTrump.jpg

Good Morning D & Happy Presidents Day

Good morning from Eville...high 70° today, very windy though.
Overcast & rainy all week. Ground is pretty saturated already.
Speaking of saturated....fill it up.
ac29a0_d0d2f60a1a22453f861ad5137b6bd251.png_256

Anxious to see how the Cats (& Cal) respond tomorrow.
I think they can get on a 4 game win streak when they win at Arkansas. At Florida will be tough to finish the season, but.....5 in a row heading into the SEC tournament will have BBN in a frenzy. Putting the cart waaaaaaaaaaaay before the horse, I know....but dammit Cats. IT. IS. TIME.

Thanks y'all for the Kasey Chambers music. Good stuff.

Hey Bert, how was Church? FCC.
Church was good.

One of my best friends is a 6'8" black man from Louisville. He graduated Male high school. I did not know Jessie until I retired to Smiths Grove. We both ended up as City Commissioners. He helped me get elected as Mayor and I made him my Mayor Pro tempore. We are brothers.

When my grand son got killed in a car wreck in 2015 Jessie and his pastore came in and really helped us in our time of need. Jessie did my grandson's funeral. So yesterday I went to Jessie's church. Good music with a key board, drums, guitars et.al. They have dinner after the service and it is quite a spread. Many of the folks knew me from my days in government. I was the only white person there.

Good Morning D-League. What a good win Saturday. Almost didn't see it. My friend was installing Fog lights on his truck and was cutting it close. Once in his house he told me he had a new digital antenna for his local stations. OK but he couldn't find CBS so he had to call Dish and have them turn his local channels back on. So getting there an hour early, the game for me starts with a little over 4 minutes left in the first half. From there until the end I truly enjoyed the rest. I though the crowd was awesome, I thought the Cats were awesome!

"The same boiling water that softens the potato, hardens the egg. It's not about the circumstances, it's about what we're made of."

Chuck Mangione is on the Jones show, just like every Monday. He gives a motivational moment.

Bat Cats went 4-0 in S.Car to start the year. Last year they started 0-4.

Church was good.

One of my best friends is a 6'8" black man from Louisville. He graduated Male high school. I did not know Jessie until I retired to Smiths Grove. We both ended up as City Commissioners. He helped me get elected as Mayor and I made him my Mayor Pro tempore. We are brothers.

When my grand son got killed in a car wreck in 2015 Jessie and his pastore came in and really helped us in our time of need. Jessie did my grandson's funeral. So yesterday I went to Jessie's church. Good music with a key board, drums, guitars et.al. They have dinner after the service and it is quite a spread. Many of the folks knew me from my days in government. I was the only white person there.
I could have played against him in 1960.

Fergie has apologized for her tortuous rendition of our national anthem last night. That song has been a point of contention for me for many years now. Here's my opinion, your mileage my vary...

The national anthem is a specific song with a specific tune and specific words. It is not a pop song, it is not a gospel song, and it is certainly not a sultry jazz song. It is not sung for entertainment, it is sung for patriotism toward our flag, our country, our veterans, and our way of life. Anyone who receives money for singing should be able to sing the song the way it should be sung with very little problem. We would have been better served if they would have drawn lots with the audience for someone to sing it rather than suffer the abomination we were subjected to.

The national anthem is a specific song with a specific tune and specific words. It is not a pop song, it is not a gospel song, and it is certainly not a sultry jazz song. It is not sung for entertainment, it is sung for patriotism toward our flag, our country, our veterans, and our way of life. Anyone who receives money for singing should be able to sing the song the way it should be sung with very little problem. We would have been better served if they would have drawn lots with the audience for someone to sing it rather than suffer the abomination we were subjected to.
I agree totally.

Fergie has apologized for her tortuous rendition of our national anthem last night. That song has been a point of contention for me for many years now. Here's my opinion, your mileage my vary...
[thumb2] I would add, Fergie was paid, she stunk, next time(?), not so much. Right? Her apology accepted. Ok, her performance stunk. She still had her clothes on. Kudos to Fergie for understanding the performance was a flop. Get up, dust yourself off and get back to work. What puzzles me is, Who was the genius that thought "Let's hire Fergie to sing the national anthem." And then compounded by someone else who said, "Yup,"

I think she can actually sing. I don't know why she thought that was a good idea. Someone should have told her when they were practicing the song that it just wasn't working.

They could probably double their viewership for next years game if they announce ahead of time that she'll be singing the national anthem again. People can't resist a train wreck and will tune in to see what she does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT