ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Currently 51°F. Looking at 65°F later. Cloudy and overcast.

Happy for our win yesterday. Hopefully we build on it.

Finally put my new laptop into operation over a month after wife purchased it. Runs great.

Found out yesterday we own a 0.17 acre plot of land located 6 miles northeast of Hartsel, CO. Taxes only $17.84 per year. Don't get excited. Land sits at 8,864 feet above sea level, and this area more closely resembles the lunar surface. Marijuana cultivation for personal use is legal in the county. Could make for a good pot tourism+crypto-currency mining+pot growing project.

Again, glad for our Cats.

Thanks and y'all behave.

He can get 40 with his recruiting. Just needs a few more 4-year players for a building platform, like Willis and Hawkins.
In my opinion, and the way I remember things used to be, he's got a team full of 4 year players right now. Knox would be a Mashburn type of guy who wouldn't stay 4, but he wouldn't be going after 1 year. There are a couple of others who may gel and become capable of NBA play before they graduate.

Maybe this is the class that sets us up for awhile. He's only signed 3 guys for next year and that gives him a lot of latitude for whatever happens.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 51°F. Looking at 65°F later. Cloudy and overcast.

Happy for our win yesterday. Hopefully we build on it.

Finally put my new laptop into operation over a month after wife purchased it. Runs great.

Found out yesterday we own a 0.17 acre plot of land located 6 miles northeast of Hartsel, CO. Taxes only $17.84 per year. Don't get excited. Land sits at 8,864 feet above sea level, and this area more closely resembles the lunar surface. Marijuana cultivation for personal use is legal in the county. Could make for a good pot tourism+crypto-currency mining+pot growing project.

Again, glad for our Cats.

Thanks and y'all behave.
That's a plot of about 75'x100'

You could cover the entire area with a greenhouse and build your living quarters underground. Utilizing geothermal heat, solar panels, and a couple of windmills you could make a grow of it.

wx_65.png
Clear 45°
wx_69.png
Mostly Cloudy 67°
rooster-coffee.jpg

Good Morning D

Last edited:
Good morning all. 38° ► 53° and mostly sunny today. Was happy to see the Cats get a much needed win yesterday. I loved the fact that everyone was getting involved too. 5 players in double figures for the first time since the November 26 UIC game.

Last edited:
It was 31°F when I got up this morning with pretty dawn in the east. I am going with my black buddy to his church this morning, so I will pray for all you D-League sinners.:flushed:

I watched a lot of basketball yesterday. I really enjoyed seeing, Florida, Auburn, Texas A&M and Tennessee (sorry Ghost) go down. The SEC is like a circular firing squad; everyone gets hit. McLamore (spk) going down could really mess up Auburn's chances as he was their one big guy. Broken ankle and leg is bad. Thank God it was not his femur.

You guys have a great Sunday.

In my opinion, and the way I remember things used to be, he's got a team full of 4 year players right now. Knox would be a Mashburn type of guy who wouldn't stay 4, but he wouldn't be going after 1 year. There are a couple of others who may gel and become capable of NBA play before they graduate.
mxcv0h3r5mkqhda1owyq.gif

True but with the plethora of talented players and coaches, limited professional opportunities, and big money, there's an opportunity for some proactive adjustments. Maturity is not measured in time. It's physiological and psychological. A combination of one & dones, two & throughs, and three & frees, being more competitive, would be more successful as a team. The world is a very dynamic environment and our species very adaptable.

Last edited:
OK, I'm watching the Daytona 500 again. I think it was the only race I watched last year. If I was young and didn't know any different I guess I would like NASCAR. But I'm not young and I do know different. This is not what it is supposed to be.

Take off the restrictors, make the fences higher or move the fans back and let em go. If I can't go buy a two door Taurus at the dealer then don't show me one on tv.

OK, I'm watching the Daytona 500 again. I think it was the only race I watched last year. If I was young and didn't know any different I guess I would like NASCAR. But I'm not young and I do know different. This is not what it is supposed to be.

Take off the restrictors, make the fences higher or move the fans back and let em go. If I can't go buy a two door Taurus at the dealer then don't show me one on tv.
This is also the anniversary of Dale Earnhardt's death via crash on the last lap in the Daytona 500 in 2001.

Austin Dillon crashed out the car in front of him to take the lead and win. Same way Earnhart used to crash people. Dillon said "he would have done the same thing to me". Would he? When interviewed after the race the dude didn't even mention that he was crashed on purpose. Don't remember his name but he's a lot classier than Dillon.

Austin Dillon crashed out the car in front of him to take the lead and win. Same way Earnhart used to crash people. Dillon said "he would have done the same thing to me". Would he? When interviewed after the race the dude didn't even mention that he was crashed on purpose. Don't remember his name but he's a lot classier than Dillon.
I watched the Daytona 500 in person 39 years ago from the infield atop 2 U-Haul trucks. Richard Petty won. Incredible. We were there.

I'll make a 40th anniversary post on Facebook next year, and tag my cousins, Funky Fred the Head and Bobby.

I watched the Daytona 500 in person 39 years ago from the infield atop 2 U-Haul trucks. Richard Petty won. Incredible. We were there.

I'll make a 40th anniversary post on Facebook next year, and tag my cousins, Funky Fred the Head and Bobby.
Ok, ATC. You can't post that and then not tell us how Funky Fred the Head got his name. C'mon, brother. Spill the beans.

Ok, ATC. You can't post that and then not tell us how Funky Fred the Head got his name. C'mon, brother. Spill the beans.
Hahahaha. While we sat in the infield, on top of these TALL U-Haul trucks, I continued screaming, "Petty!". After the race, we left and stopped by some convenience store in a convertible Pontiac. Cousin Fred gave me $4 in loose change and said, "please get me some cheese crackers". Hell, back then, those things only cost a quarter. We were effed up on pot and cheap beer. I kept the change.

Gonna give it back to him next year.

Man, I wish I had a cousin with a cool name like that. I had Steven, Mike, Barry, Mark, David, John, just guys.
Ole Fred once picked up a 327 engine block with the heads on and placed it in another car. He's a family legend. Former football player. Taught my brother, former Atlanta Braves farm team player, how to be a glazer. Married to our cousin, Terry. Grandma had 11 kids and 25 grand kids.

Alright, ATC...I guess that will suffice...for now. We at least know "the Head" part.

But eventually we just gots to know how the "Funky" got attached to Fred's persona. Is he Funky as in he refuses to take a shower. Or is he Funky as in he once jammed with George Clinton and Prince in the back room of some shady dive club in Minneapolis?

Inquiring minds and whatnot and so forth...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT