ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Hello all, Took the little bride for breakfast this morning then to Publix. It was hot as hades at 8:30 this morning. Hard to believe High School Football already started and just a couple weeks until the Cats kick off!

I must be getting old, got a thing called a " Floater " on my eyeball, said it comes with age. Any of you all ever get them? Doesn't hurt at all, but it seems like I keep seeing a little hair or something hanging in front of my eye. Aggravating! Y'all have a nice weekend.

Hello all, Took the little bride for breakfast this morning then to Publix. It was hot as hades at 8:30 this morning. Hard to believe High School Football already started and just a couple weeks until the Cats kick off!

I must be getting old, got a thing called a " Floater " on my eyeball, said it comes with age. Any of you all ever get them? Doesn't hurt at all, but it seems like I keep seeing a little hair or something hanging in front of my eye. Aggravating! Y'all have a nice weekend.
I have had them especially after cataract surgery.

Crazy story coming up.

Father in-law passed away in November, 2015. The funeral director, a pretty, 36 year-old gal from southern Indiana, took care of the funeral arrangements. She graduated from Mid-America College in Clarksville, IN. Some of y'all may be familiar with the school. My wife and her connected well. Wife invited her to the post-funeral service dinner. She came, along with her boyfriend, who coincidentally attended high school with my wife.

My mother in-law is currently on her death bed. She may not live much longer. Wife and sister in-law visit the funeral home today to make possible arrangements. They find out the funeral director died in a motorbike accident down in Cozumel on August 23rd last year.

Like I said, crazy.
That's where my daughter's husband died (drowned).

How is my corned beef going Ymmot?
It's doing good. I'll cook it tomorrow morning and then head on down. I've decided not to make the rye bread. I only have one oven and it will be occupied. Another reason is that I was going to have to buy ingredients for it that I wouldn't use for anything other than making rye bread and there just isn't that much demand for it at my house. I'm still going to make the mayo for the Russian dressing though.

That's where my daughter's husband died (drowned).
The river is very dangerous at the Falls of the Ohio, even when the river is low and the beartraps are closed. My Uncle John Rich drown there as well and Mom was lucky to have been pulled out during the chaos. Among my favorite play grounds to escape the the evils of humanity as a boy.
Falls%20aerial%20(600x379).jpg

"Down by the river where you ought not go." I heard that a lot.

Last edited:
Got a good joke in email and I need to share it:

Texas rednecks were working up on a wind generator in West Texas: Slick, Coot and Bluey.

As they start their descent, Coot slips, falls off the tower and is killed instantly.
As the ambulance takes the body away, Bluey says, 'someone's gotta go and tell Coot's wife'.

Slick says, 'OK, I'm pretty good at that sensitive stuff, I'll do it.'
Two hours later, he comes back carrying a case of Beer. Bluey says, 'Where'd you get the booze, Slick?'

'Coot's wife gave it to me,' Slick replies.

'That's unbelievable, you told the lady her husband was dead, and she gave you a case of beer?'
'Well, not exactly', Slick says. 'When she answered the door, I said to her, "you must be Coot's widow."

She said, 'You must be mistaken. I'm not a widow.'

Then I said, 'I'll betcha a case of beer you are.'

Texans are really good at that sensitive stuff.

[laughing]. Got that right.

Thanks for the pics, gents. Love it! You guys should accompany me on some of my road trips sometime. Planning on revisiting Dallas and Little Rock over the next 6-8 weeks to collect data for an upcoming website. Looking at Lexington, KY shortly after Thanksgiving.

The Lex trip may involve me driving (gasp) and staying at a cheap motel, but I'll use public transport and perhaps my folding bicycle. I'm gonna fix up another folder here soon. Stash it at my daughter's place back in TN.

Yes, thanks. Really strange.

Mother in-law has not been well since around April. We nearly busted the door to her house down when she became incapacitated back then, and she's been in the hospital and/nursing home ever since. Between dialysis 3 times weekly and a partial leg amputation, it seems she's gone down hill so much. Sweet lady. Her last scheduled dialysis is scheduled for next Tuesday. She wants to come home to die. Wife is struggling with it all, but hanging in there.

My older brother who lived in FL lost his wife of 49 years very sudden about ten years ago. They had no children. He was functionally illiterate and had no idea how to get by alone. She did absolutely everything for him. They never discussed what would happen when either of them died. It was just assumed she would outlive him. I was his only relative.

Luckily I had just retired a few months earlier. I settled his affairs for him and brought him to CA to live with me. He lived with me for two years with me acting as his caregiver and having medical power of attorney. He decided to go back to Middlesboro and live in a nursing home. So I took him back there and got him set up and returned to CA.

After just a few weeks back there his kidneys failed and he started the dialysis nightmare. After a couple of weeks of that I get a call from the nursing home saying that my brother would not go to dialysis any more and could I make him go. I asked to be put on the phone with him and he said he didn't want to do dialysis anymore. I asked him if he understood that if he did not he would die. He assured me he understood and said he didn't want to live any longer. I asked them to keep him sedated and out of pain and let him die. He died nine days later with me at his side. Had just decided he had nothing to live for and he wasn't going to live only for dialysis. I never thought he would have had the nerve to pull the plug on himself. Takes some nerve.

He and she are in that mausoleum in Greenlawn.

We had a great time at the drag strip tonight and stayed until it was over at midnight. My wife likes the drags better than roundyround. She has a bil who builds race engines in S. Car. She had another bil who owned a dirt track and a drag strip. She had complained about going because it was too hot. While we were there she starting talking about the next time we go.

Gotta get some sleep now so I can get up and slave over a hot stove in the AM.

My older brother who lived in FL lost his wife of 49 years very sudden about ten years ago. They had no children. He was functionally illiterate and had no idea how to get by alone. She did absolutely everything for him. They never discussed what would happen when either of them died. It was just assumed she would outlive him. I was his only relative.

Luckily I had just retired a few months earlier. I settled his affairs for him and brought him to CA to live with me. He lived with me for two years with me acting as his caregiver and having medical power of attorney. He decided to go back to Middlesboro and live in a nursing home. So I took him back there and got him set up and returned to CA.

After just a few weeks back there his kidneys failed and he started the dialysis nightmare. After a couple of weeks of that I get a call from the nursing home saying that my brother would not go to dialysis any more and could I make him go. I asked to be put on the phone with him and he said he didn't want to do dialysis anymore. I asked him if he understood that if he did not he would die. He assured me he understood and said he didn't want to live any longer. I asked them to keep him sedated and out of pain and let him die. He died nine days later with me at his side. Had just decided he had nothing to live for and he wasn't going to live only for dialysis. I never thought he would have had the nerve to pull the plug on himself. Takes some nerve.

That is a sad story.

Last edited:

I hope that I can be brave like him late, late in my life. He was seeking an honorable way out and he found it.

GOOD MORNING D!!
Guess where I'm NOT today :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Going to be a great day; get to celebrate my granddaughter's third birthday with family and friends
Actually slept pretty well last night for a change
On my third cup of coffee now; youngest is at a sleepover, husband and older kids are still in bed. I'm enjoying some peace and quiet before the chaos starts.
Hope all are well and may you all have a great day

Good morning D, We are supposed to get a lot of rain starting Wednesday. I like the rain, but feel kind of sorry for the young families that save their money for a year to vacation here and get rained on. But I guess such is life. These weeks are flying by it seems heading towards the Cats first game!

Supposed to be a hot sweaty one here today to go along with the eclipse....lol. Y'all have a nice safe day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT