ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Giant-Horse-in-Race--42348.jpg

Greetings from AZ. It's going to be a long hot day at work. Clear skies 70°F now rising to about 100°F this afternoon. A day of plant stress measurement. My part . . . deploy solar reflectance calibration panels. Got my V-8, Mango Extreme Gatorade and water for survival. Gulping coffee for the commute.
search-terms-blazing-sun-heatwave-hot-rays-sol-solar-sun-sun-FkSncz-clipart.png

Later

Morning, the D. Off to work. New interns arrive today. If one of them is male , I'll give him the "Restroom Briefing". It's a gag, but we lifers enjoy seeing how long it takes for him to catch on. The best one ever was the one I gave in July 2015 to a kid from India. He was taking notes! Dr Z eventually took pity on him and told him it was just a gag.

Greetings from AZ. It's going to be a long hot day at work. Clear skies 70°F now rising to about 100°F this afternoon. A day of plant stress measurement. My part . . . deploy solar reflectance calibration panels. Got my V-8, Mango Extreme Gatorade and water for survival. Gulping coffee for the commute.
search-terms-blazing-sun-heatwave-hot-rays-sol-solar-sun-sun-FkSncz-clipart.png

Later
It is a shame that I can't pipe you out some of the 50 degrees from here and you ship back some of your heat!:(

Golf in a bit. Had an 8oz filet mignon with two eggs OE and two pieces of toast for breakfast. I used unsalted butter on the toast because I'm all about a heart healthy diet. I did use a generous amount of salt on the beef, but it was Kosher sea salt. Sea salt is organic, which is nice, and I think Kosher means "healthy" in Jewish.

Have a good'un.

• Good Morning, D-Leagueans.
  • 63º in Johns Creek this morning. Clear and sunny. VFR for sure.
  • Hope you guys have a very nice hump day.
  • Lola's scar is mostly healed. A couple more days and she will be back to normal. Six months old on the 8th. Time flies.
  • The birds are busy.
  • 2nd mug of Dark Magic going.
  • Skipping Tom Leach and Mack Jones.
  • Kroger Field. :(
  • Listening to the Dems protesting being an American I guess. It's awful. Paw Paw used to listen to Gabriel Heater on a battery powered radio with an antennae that looked something like a clothes line. Hillary is still FOS. So crooked.
  • :football: will be here before you know it.
  • Be safe today. Drive defensively.
  • Take care.

Congratulations Don!

An older guy I worked with several years ago told me a story (sadly he's passed away) on his anniversary someone made the comment how sweet it was they were always holding hands.

His reply was: sweet? Hell we do that so don't slap the sh*t out of each other.
There was iron in his words.

In for the night. I was not happy with my golf today. That's enough about that.

Went to see Dad afterward and pick up his laundry for the week. He wasn't feeling well, the dialysis really takes it out of him. We've got a couple of doctors appointments in the morning. I'll be leaving early and coming home late in the afternoon.

Friday I make the pie. Here's what the recipe says about it...

"Salted Caramel Pecan Chocolate Pie has an Oreo crust, a salted caramel pecan layer, and a thick chocolate ganache layer topped with sea salt! This pie is the epitome of decadence!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT