ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Two for me please ...I got to stop thinkin like this or the pounds will return..no hurt in thinking bout it though..

tl-horizontal_main.jpg

Yes please. Is this where I place my order?

We're all assuming the worst for the football game and that's not what normal fans are supposed to do. We are supposed to be fanatics that believe our team can beat any other team at any time. They have taken that away from us. We have now been conditioned to accept defeat before it occurs. Just look at how our expectations have changed over the last decade. We were going to bowl games and people were complaining that they weren't very big name bowls. Now we are hoping to just have a mediocre season of six wins and any low rent bowl game.

I'm no doctor, but I think I can cure your football apathy with a simple prescription of a BBM followed by a Blue White scrimmage. You will notice immediate improvement with your malady. This prescription won't actually cure your football apathy, but it will make the symptoms much more tolerable and in some cases will lead to total remission of the disease.

We're all assuming the worst for the football game and that's not what normal fans are supposed to do. We are supposed to be fanatics that believe our team can beat any other team at any time. They have taken that away from us. We have now been conditioned to accept defeat before it occurs. Just look at how our expectations have changed over the last decade. We were going to bowl games and people were complaining that they weren't very big name bowls. Now we are hoping to just have a mediocre season of six wins and any low rent bowl game.

I'm no doctor, but I think I can cure your football apathy with a simple prescription of a BBM followed by a Blue White scrimmage. You will notice immediate improvement with your malady. This prescription won't actually cure your football apathy, but it will make the symptoms much more tolerable and in some cases will lead to total remission of the disease.

+1. FCC.

sign me up - so ready for basketball!

Mornin D
Yay for Friday - but wow there's a lot to be done today: laundry, dishes, grocery, clean up and vac Living Room, etc. Got the granddaughter coming tonight to stay over so her parents can do a charity event early tomorrow morning.
Almost dreading our football game tomorrow. Being a fan makes me WANT to hope for at least a good showing. But - as @ymmot31 said, that has been taken away from us and we're already accepting defeat. :mad:
Anyway - best get moving -will check in with y'all
Have a good one

Some of the traffic that goes by my office must be making 50-60 mph. The speed limit is 35. Yesterday I saw this guy riding his bicycle with his little 3 year old in a seat behind him. He had the little flashing red light and all, but this seems to be too much of a risk to take. Am I too conservative?
no, not at all
I wouldn't have done it - too many people on their phones, or generally just not paying attention.

ugh - don't know if it's allergies or if I'm getting a cold; thumping headache and some congestion. Feel like kaka.
Most of the dishes are done, laundry sorted and going (found a basket that hadn't been folded so that's done). Need to get to the grocery still - hate grocery shopping - and get living room cleaned up.
I know, I know - waah waah waah

I think since it's just the youngest and me tonight for dinner, we'll get take-out

ugh - don't know if it's allergies or if I'm getting a cold; thumping headache and some congestion. Feel like kaka.
Most of the dishes are done, laundry sorted and going (found a basket that hadn't been folded so that's done). Need to get to the grocery still - hate grocery shopping - and get living room cleaned up.
I know, I know - waah waah waah

I think since it's just the youngest and me tonight for dinner, we'll get take-out

I'm guessing allergies. It's been so dry. About a quarter inch of rain yesterday helped a bit. Your day sounds a lot like mine. Just towels left. My favorite cause don't have to think much about sorting. Take out sounds good. FCC.

I'm guessing allergies. It's been so dry. About a quarter inch of rain yesterday helped a bit. Your day sounds a lot like mine. Just towels left. My favorite cause don't have to think much about sorting. Take out sounds good. FCC.
glad to see you back my friend :)
I think you're right on the allergies
I wish all I had left were the towels - made the mistake of going into my youngest's room to get his dirty laundry myself. He had a lot more than a week's worth up there -and the SOCKS, dear Lord - whew
Yes, definitely takeout tonight

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT