ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Lisa-Cateria-litter06.jpg

So I get out of bed this morning and head to the couch. I get on here to be enlightened and amused for a little bit before I make my lifeblood for the day. Noticed the cats were milling about but didn't think anything more of it.

Head to the kitchen and when I went through the doorway I noticed a temperature change. Looked over and the light was on over the stove so I went over there to turn it off and felt heat off of it. I didn't think that should warm the kitchen but I accepted it because I had coffee on my mind.

I ran water and poured it in the pot and put it on the stove. When I turned back around I noticed two fly's. This is weird because the cats usually get a fly about as soon as they happen in. Went to the bathroom and saw more fly's and noticed the temp got warmer yet. Then it occurred to me, the back door was open. It was wide open. There is a sliding screen door there that leads out to the patio and it was slid the wrong way.

So I'm sitting here listening to cats going crazy trying to catch these things. They've knocked over some stuff out there but I don't think I've heard anything break yet. Good thing my wife did that and not me. This way it is a laughable offense.

So I get out of bed this morning and head to the couch. I get on here to be enlightened and amused for a little bit before I make my lifeblood for the day. Noticed the cats were milling about but didn't think anything more of it.

Head to the kitchen and when I went through the doorway I noticed a temperature change. Looked over and the light was on over the stove so I went over there to turn it off and felt heat off of it. I didn't think that should warm the kitchen but I accepted it because I had coffee on my mind.

I ran water and poured it in the pot and put it on the stove. When I turned back around I noticed two fly's. This is weird because the cats usually get a fly about as soon as they happen in. Went to the bathroom and saw more fly's and noticed the temp got warmer yet. Then it occurred to me, the back door was open. It was wide open. There is a sliding screen door there that leads out to the patio and it was slid the wrong way.

So I'm sitting here listening to cats going crazy trying to catch these things. They've knocked over some stuff out there but I don't think I've heard anything break yet. Good thing my wife did that and not me. This way it is a laughable offense.
We don't even have screens or screen doors. QB says they let in too much dust.

Jerry Lee has many many great recordings. He is a genius piano player also. Lots of good beer-drinking tunes. Like that song about the guy turning 40.

Jerry Lee made a lot of great recordings but I wouldn't give a quarter to see one of his shows. He never sang his songs in concerts like they were recorded and usually screwed them up (probably was drunk at his shows). Willie Nelson does the same thing.

Music break. Absolute best recording of "You Win Again" of all time. And I've heard dozens of them. Great piano rift there in the middle.

Turned on the YouTube machine and listened to it on my stereo. Computer wasn't doing it justice. Now I've got Jerry Lee playing back to back to back for the foreseeable future. Thanks.

Bruce autobiography is coming out the 27th of September.t,

And like that, two Bruce songs randomly fire up on my playlist.

There's a code of silence that we don't dare speak
There's a wall between and the river's deep
We keep pretending that there's nothing wrong
But there's a code of silence and it can't go on

Last edited:
I was in that age group where the thought was you just leave them alone. I still get tonsilitis and strep on a fairly regular basis, but if i were to have the surgery now, it'd be a day or two in the hospital for me
My daughter had hers removed in her Junior year at UK. My wife had to fly up from Florida and stay with her in a motel for three days. That operation cost my several thousands of dollars as my wife had to basically go and take care of her. We should have flown her to Florida for the operation.

Jerry Lee made a lot of great recordings but I wouldn't give a quarter to see one of his shows. He never sang his songs in concerts like they were recorded and usually screwed them up (probably was drunk at his shows). Willie Nelson does the same thing.
Who knows how many concerts I've seen where that was the problem. I get the feeling they think you getting to see them in person is good enough for you. No reason for them to make an effort to sing the song the way you like it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT