ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

raw

This happened to me this morning at the bagel shop.

I was waiting on my order and a lady asked "Are you a police officer?" I said "No I'm not ......... I'm a bail bondsman." She said "I don't know what that is."I get people out of jail." She said "Oh, the gun." I said "No, I don't get them out with a gun."

She then asked "Is that your gun?" I was a little taken aback by the question and pointed to the cashier. "No, it belongs to him." I said.

She then said "Well, it was pointing at me, and I don't know anything about guns."

I then asked her "Why do you live in Johns Creek?" She said "I just moved here." I asked "Are you a liberal?" She said "I have been thinking about learning how to shoot." I said "That would be a good thing for you to do."

Was that weird enough for you?

This happened to me this morning at the bagel shop.

I was waiting on my order and a lady asked "Are you a police officer?" I said "No I'm not ......... I'm a bail bondsman." She said "I don't know what that is."I get people out of jail." She said "Oh, the gun." I said "No, I don't get them out with a gun."

She then asked "Is that your gun?" I was a little taken aback by the question and pointed to the cashier. "No, it belongs to him." I said.

She then said "Well, it was pointing at me, and I don't know anything about guns."

I then asked her "Why do you live in Johns Creek?" She said "I just moved here." I asked "Are you a liberal?" She said "I have been thinking about learning how to shoot." I said "That would be a good thing for you to do."

Was that weird enough for you?
Probably should have winged her just to be sure.

Ever had anything like this happen to you?

A couple of years ago, on the eve of our 50th wedding anniversary, my wife informed me that she had bought me a very special gift for this memorable occasion. She wouldn't tell me what it was but she said it would be sitting in the driveway next morning and that it would go from 0 to over 200 in less than 6 seconds. Needless to say I was very excited.

I got up very early next day to go outside to look. There sat a gift-wrapped box in the driveway. I took it in the house and unwrapped it. It was a new set of bathroom scales.
no hon, haven't been married 50 years
:p

I went coon hunting with my Dad when I was a little boy. You listen to the coon hounds run a coon up a tree, go find them, try to knock the coon out of the tree so it can fight ten dogs. If it can defeat the dogs, then it gets to continue living. That's the way I understand the sport. Oh, and the hunters get to drink whiskey.

That is the goal of coon hunting. My uncles had that figured in long before they got the coon dogs! [banana]

2. Maine Coon

The Maine Coon is the largest domestic cat breed that does not have a recent ancestral relationship to wild cats in the way that the Savannah cat does. They are personable and friendly without being overly demanding, and can weigh from 10-15lb for females and 15-25lb for males. They are also very long and tall!

Ours is a small one evidently.

I guess my trivia question bombed. sorry. JFK visited the Observation Island EAG 154 the week before he went to Dallas.

Here is one that will bomb even faster:

Who was President Zachary Taylor's son in law.

Hint:

His son in law is held in very low esteem now a day thanks to the bastards now in charge of political correct thinking.

Hint: here is the answer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Knox_Taylor
More trivia: President Taylor is my third cousin.

2. Maine Coon

The Maine Coon is the largest domestic cat breed that does not have a recent ancestral relationship to wild cats in the way that the Savannah cat does. They are personable and friendly without being overly demanding, and can weigh from 10-15lb for females and 15-25lb for males. They are also very long and tall!

Ours is a small one evidently.

we had a cat years ago that we realized - after the fact - must have been a large part Maine Coon. Before he died, Taz-cat weighed 23 lbs, and he wasn't fat.

New trivia question
Who wrote the folk song "Early Morning Rain"
Made a hit by Peter, Paul, and Mary
He is Canadian and still alive and performing
Gordon Lightfoot.

Great writer and singer.

Edit: I read the posts in sequence. Sorry but I was very late in the discussion. I have ever damned song that Gordon ever did. I lov ethe man.

Last edited:
Technician outside installing Direct TV dish, will be cutting Comcast cable ASAP once it's live. (But will have to keep Comcast internet as it's about 10,000 faster.) Looking forward to lower cell phone bills for the kids, better TV programming and telling Comcast to kiss my ass. Worst customer service and racket I've ever had to tolerate.

Here is one that will bomb even faster:

Who was President Zachary Taylor's son in law.

Hint:

His son in law is held in very low esteem now a day thanks to the bastards now in charge of political correct thinking.

Hint: here is the answer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Knox_Taylor
More trivia: President Taylor is my third cousin.
Jefferson Davis. I learned that last week when there was a thread about who should be on KY's Mt. Rushmore. I looked up Davis to confirm that he was born in KY and read a lot of the wiki page about him.

"There’s a reason why Ethiopian Yirgacheffe consistently ranks among the best coffee in the world, and certainly the among the best in Ethiopia itself.

Origin of Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Coffee
Yirgacheffe (also spelled Yirgachefe, Yergacheffe, or Yerga Chefe) is a micro-region within the much larger region of Sidama (or Sidomo) in southern Ethiopia. It is widely considered the birthplace of coffee."

I didn't know this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT