ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

article-2416060-1BB5FCA8000005DC-379_634x421.jpg

Help!

We're heading over to the Worldfest in Louisville next Saturday to eat some food I've never seen and can't pronounce, then we're going on the Moonshine cruise on the Belle of Louisville. A lady is going with us that I play golf with every week, her husband has to work. Wife said she'll drive us around and get us both home safe. I think I can keep up with this chick.

In October we have tickets for some beer fest in Louisville and she's bringing a girl from work. I do not think i can keep up with her. Maybe for a little while, but she'll put me down in the long run. She's a pro. Maybe I could bring Austin and we could make bets.

The black panther has always been my favorite since I was a little kid. We have 3 little kittens out back right now that are solid black, one has blue eyes. There must be a new alpha male out there somewhere. We were having mostly yellow striped and gray kittens for several years. Now we've started having black ones and black and white ones.

New trivia question
Who wrote the folk song "Early Morning Rain"
Made a hit by Peter, Paul, and Mary
He is Canadian and still alive and performing
I would guess Gordon Lightfoot. If a song is famous and written by a Canadian, I would always guess him first. If the trivia question was who won the World Series in some random year, I would guess the Yankees. It's like that.

Ever had anything like this happen to you?

A couple of years ago, on the eve of our 50th wedding anniversary, my wife informed me that she had bought me a very special gift for this memorable occasion. She wouldn't tell me what it was but she said it would be sitting in the driveway next morning and that it would go from 0 to over 200 in less than 6 seconds. Needless to say I was very excited.

I got up very early next day to go outside to look. There sat a gift-wrapped box in the driveway. I took it in the house and unwrapped it. It was a new set of bathroom scales.

• Good Morning, DLers.
  • 72º in Johns Creek. Clear. VFR.
  • Blood Sugar = 117. Weight = 227. Late Snickers flavored ice cream. 2 cups. Cheese cake after dinner. Lots of pasta with chicken. That will run your sugar up.
  • I worked a year and a half one time without a day off. It was rough.
  • #4 turned the AC down last night. I was cold all night. I dreamed about being cold.
  • Sugar napping after eating.
  • Over.

I worked as a maintenance mechanic for over three years. Six 12-hour shifts every week and sometimes 7 in a event of a disastrous breakdown. Put a lot of stress on a marriage.

Dolly Partin used to tell this one.

As you may know there are a lot of Partins in the SE Kentucky/East Tenn area.

A feller whose last name was Guess was running around in the hills down there and met up with one of the locals. "What's your name?" the local feller asked.

"Guess." the stranger replied.

"Well, I'd guess that you're another one of them damn Partins."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT