ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Wildcatsc, I would like to take this opportunity to tell you how much I appreciate your astronomy knowledge sharing on our thread. Very interesting. Keep it up. If you were here with me, I would furnish the coffee, and we would eat some of those brownies that you talk about. We are not too hot today here in Atlanta. Maybe you will get some of this weather front and cool off a little bit. Chief is way over 100, so I know you don't want his weather.

Thanks Don. Next time I am near ATL I will stop in for coffee, brownies and whatever the special of the day is at the world famous breakroom.

RGV1654_Roster_Large.jpg

I really do miss drive-in movie theaters. I know it's not cost effective, but I sure had a lot more fun (non woman related) at a drive in than I did at a regular movie house! Case of beer in the trunk, bought a couple of burgers at the concession stand to make it look good, wait until it got truly dark enough for the guys to hop the fence and meet up at my car, then kill the case of beer and hope they had a double feature!

I really do miss drive-in movie theaters. I know it's not cost effective, but I sure had a lot more fun (non woman related) at a drive in than I did at a regular movie house! Case of beer in the trunk, bought a couple of burgers at the concession stand to make it look good, wait until it got truly dark enough for the guys to hop the fence and meet up at my car, then kill the case of beer and hope they had a double feature!
I have to agree. We put'em in the trunk to beat the system. The food always tasted better when you got it from the concession stand. You could smooch with your girlfriend if that was the plan all along. It was a whole lot of fun. Swings for the kids. Yeah. even miniature trains for the children to ride sometimes. This stuff was really big in the 50s.

Don, we had a system. The Sundown (our local drive in) ALWAYS had people walking back and forth to the concession stand. My old Plymouth could sit 6 comfortably. So I always paid the 2 bucks for a solo ticket (a carload was 8...we used the 6 bucks saved for MORE beer), and the guys would hop the fence and arrive at various times from the FRONT of the drive in to make it look like they just went to the restroom or something. I always bought something from the concession stand tho. For one thing, the burgers were just great! And I usually wolfed them down before the guys made it to the car. They only had to pony up for gas and beer...anything else was on them.

Wildcatsc, I would like to take this opportunity to tell you how much I appreciate your astronomy knowledge sharing on our thread. Very interesting. Keep it up. If you were here with me, I would furnish the coffee, and we would eat some of those brownies that you talk about. We are not too hot today here in Atlanta. Maybe you will get some of this weather front and cool off a little bit. Chief is way over 100, so I know you don't want his weather.

+1. FCC.

Been watching Man Fire Food for the last 3 hours or so. I like that dude and I'm pretty sure he has the best job going right now. There are so many ways that people cook with fire. Wouldn't be a very exciting show if he came to my house. We'd mostly sit around on the picnic table and drink beer.

Rav4 issue turned out to be wheel balance. Thanks Tony's
Just got outta pool and havin an ice cold brewski
Pool water 84 degrees. Heater doing its thing
Window issue ( arch pediment ) gonna be about 400.00 to replace. Yay I eas thinking several thousand
D league spelling thing is a reminder of who can control this thread. I'm with W2B. Dondaddy ( league founder ) needs to start one of his own. No desire to post in other thread, why keep messing with this one? Live and let live. Move on
Fireworks poppin again tonight. Wish I had the $$ spent on those things

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT