ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Next weekend I plan to do my first cooking on my Kamado grill. It's like a BGE, but less $$$. Gonna drink some beer too.

BKO s always busy. I love basketball, but I don't want to wish my summer away.
true on the summer - just missing some hoops is all
yeah - busy is supposed to be a good thing......I think? :)
good luck on the grilling
Older boy is finding out adulting isn't as much fun as he presumed. He has to work tomorrow 5-10pm and so will miss the family fireworks. He doesn't understand why I'm not angry as he is. I'm sad he'll miss it of course - but also spent enough years having to work holidays; it is what it is - you deal with it. The choices he has made is why he'll be working tomorrow. He'll learn

Little bit found a turtle. Lost him, found him, 4 times.

Garden looking good. Lots of squash, cucumbers, unlike catfan y'all are welcome to pick your own. Corn about to be ready. Maters several weeks off. Peppers ready too. Mild banana, green, hot. Salsa soon.

Combined church services, early plus late about 350 or so folks. Sermon about love. Go figure. FCC.

I have a pair of 1765's that are great for walkin. Not sure what the number is of the pair I put in service for grass mowin duty. NB or Sperry's are my summer shoes.
Brilliant minds think alike. My oldest, most worn-out pair of 575s are also dedicated to grass mowing duties. Those 577s I received last month are super-comfortable.

Heh, right now, I'm wearing some Reebok walkers, which are also good, but not as great as the NBs.

Ic4001.jpg

One of these times donfather I will call you especially if I need someone's ass beat! Donfather>Dog the wannabe

Afternoon leagures!
Got in the workout I wasn't expecting today because rain sucks! My legs feel like jello.

Taking a challenge for a couple days no crackers, bread, or chips. Bread is the hard part obviously.
The fireworks scare the hell out of the dogs
Watching intervention this show is always crazy and sad. Cocaine is a hell of a drug!
Gotta be at work at 5am it's gonna be rough.

Hope your day is going well!

Little bit found a turtle. Lost him, found him, 4 times.

Garden looking good. Lots of squash, cucumbers, unlike catfan y'all are welcome to pick your own. Corn about to be ready. Maters several weeks off. Peppers ready too. Mild banana, green, hot. Salsa soon.

Combined church services, early plus late about 350 or so folks. Sermon about love. Go figure. FCC.

You would be proud of me. Two straight Sundays going to Sunday school.

One of these times donfather I will call you especially if I need someone's ass beat! Donfather>Dog the wannabe

Afternoon leagures!
Got in the workout I wasn't expecting today because rain sucks! My legs feel like jello.

Taking a challenge for a couple days no crackers, bread, or chips. Bread is the hard part obviously.
The fireworks scare the hell out of the dogs
Watching intervention this show is always crazy and sad. Cocaine is a hell of a drug!
Gotta be at work at 5am it's gonna be rough.

Hope your day is going well!
Keep on, keeping on. No substitute for hard work.

Keep on, keeping on. No substitute for hard work.
The worst part is I've done this before, just the wrong way. I would not eat and exercise and then when I would reach my goals, I would go right back to eating garbage again. Then all the work you have done was for nothing. I finally realized you have to change your eating habits and your lifestyle if you wanna keep it off. I don't eat out very much if at all. No regular soft drinks. Mainly ice tea, and water no sugar. Grilled foods like I had a pork chop(a small one) and a potato for dinner. Spray on butter to boot. This is a goal for me that this time I'm finally keeping it off. Being 40+ pounds lighter is great, but that target is still there and you want to reach that. Lean pockets are my go to. The regular stuff tastes terrible after a while when you haven't had it or it gives you heartburn

The worst part is I've done this before, just the wrong way. I would not eat and exercise and then when I would reach my goals, I would go right back to eating garbage again. Then all the work you have done was for nothing. I finally realized you have to change your eating habits and your lifestyle if you wanna keep it off. I don't eat out very much if at all. No regular soft drinks. Mainly ice tea, and water no sugar. Grilled foods like I had a pork chop(a small one) and a potato for dinner. Spray on butter to boot. This is a goal for me that this time I'm finally keeping it off. Being 40+ pounds lighter is great, but that target is still there and you want to reach that. Lean pockets are my go to. The regular stuff tastes terrible after a while when you haven't had it or it gives you heartburn
I've been down that road over the years. It is important to keep everything in perspective. Stick to whole grains, fruits and veggies. It's all about organic matter intake. The more basic stuff, the better. Processed foods add up quickly.

I've been down that road over the years. It is important to keep everything in perspective. Stick to whole grains, fruits and veggies. It's all about organic matter intake. The more basic stuff, the better. Processed foods add up quickly.
The only processed food I've eaten thus far is bologna. But it's light from Oscar Meyer. It's 60 calories. Put that on potato bread which is 70 calories for two pieces isn't too bad. If I cheat(maybe once a week) I do it before walks or early in the day so I have a chance to burn some of it off

The only processed food I've eaten thus far is bologna. But it's light from Oscar Meyer. It's 60 calories. Put that on potato bread which is 70 calories for two pieces isn't too bad. If I cheat(maybe once a week) I do it before walks or early in the day so I have a chance to burn some of it off
Good stuff. What I've learned over time is that output must exceed intake. I'm so guilty of over-eating. Co-workers bring in donuts and bagels, and I turn into some wild Cookie Monster at first sight. I have learned ya gotta work it off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT