ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

House and hunny do chores. Possibly like @Bkocats and might need getting another vehicle. Mines in the shop and the guy that was working on it said it wasn't looking good. I did get 202,000 miles out of it. Went 30 years without out a car payment guess it's time to start. This whole one car deal stinks. Mine broke down and the wifey has hers so therefore I'm stuck at the house. I can't use my state truck they frown upon personal use for some odd reason. Makes taxpayers angry or something lol.

House and hunny do chores. Possibly like @Bkocats and might need getting another vehicle. Mines in the shop and the guy that was working on it said it wasn't looking good. I did get 202,000 miles out of it. Went 30 years without out a car payment guess it's time to start. This whole one car deal stinks. Mine broke down and the wifey has hers so therefore I'm stuck at the house. I can't use my state truck they frown upon personal use for some odd reason. Makes taxpayers angry or something lol.

As I mentioned; I've had the same car for a long time - 17 years. And, haven't had a car payment in that time, either. Really, haven't had a car payment in 25 years. Circumstances are allowing us to buy me a new one now, without having to finance. Of course, it won't be brand new - it's a 2015 - but it'll last for a long while.
I can't imagine why anyone would be upset about you using your state truck for personal use though [winking]

As I mentioned; I've had the same car for a long time - 17 years. And, haven't had a car payment in that time, either. Really, haven't had a car payment in 25 years. Circumstances are allowing us to buy me a new one now, without having to finance. Of course, it won't be brand new - it's a 2015 - but it'll last for a long while.
I can't imagine why anyone would be upset about you using your state truck for personal use though [winking]
Car payments suck.

morning D
on second mug of coffee (which would be the 3rd or 4th cup for a normal person)
Anniversary tomorrow - feels like we just got married yesterday :)
hope everyone is well

Congrats BKO. How many years?

We just don't expect marriages to last anymore. Oldest daughter married 3 times and now divorced (bi-polar). Youngest married and divorced once. On third shackup now. About your age. She's beautiful, so when she gets tired of one, she just casts them off and starts over again with the next one. One granddaughter just got divorced (no kids, thank God). Another granddaughter never married but on third shackup (1 kid).

Does this stuff happen to anyone else except me (who has been married nearly 53 years)?

Last edited:
Do you silently cuss out drivers that won't let you enter the flow? I'm guilty.

I've never let traffic get to me. If I make a mistake I just act like an oblivious old man who was unaware anything happened. Drives them nuts.. It doesn't bother me at all if someone cuts in front of me. Life is too short to let traffic upset you.

We just don't expect marriages to last anymore. Oldest daughter married 3 times and now divorced (bi-polar). Youngest married and divorced once. On third shackup now. One granddaughter just got divorced (no kids, thank God). Another granddaughter never married but on third shackup (1 kid).

Does this stuff happen to anyone else except me (who has been married nearly 53 years)?
28 years :)
But I know what you're saying. My daughter isn't married, but has been living with her fiance for 5 years and they have a 22 month old
Older son and his fiance will be moving in together before they get married
Youngest is only 11, so..

We just don't expect marriages to last anymore. Oldest daughter married 3 times and now divorced (bi-polar). Youngest married and divorced once. On third shackup now. One granddaughter just got divorced (no kids, thank God). Another granddaughter never married but on third shackup (1 kid).

It's the norm now I'm afraid. Sad. Both of our kids are divorced. Daughter's 2nd husband drowned while on a cruise. They would have still been together I'm sure. Cried like a baby when my son told me that he was getting a divorce from the 1st one. See her all of the time and love her. He has been divorced twice. His 3 kids were torn up by it. My niece's daughter has never been married, but has 2 children. Sad sad. You are not the only one.

The whole personal use thing is touchy since the Richie days. That darn GPS always gives you away too as well.

I've never let traffic get to me. If I make a mistake I just act like an oblivious old man who was unaware anything happened. Drives them nuts.. It doesn't bother me at all if someone cuts in front of me. Life is too short to let traffic upset you.
I don't get road rage upset. I just quietly cuss them out. I'm a give gap take gap type of driver, so when someone wants to get in front of me it's fine. But ......... when I'm going 75 in a 55 don't expect me to move over during rush hours so stop tailgating me and pass on the right if you're in that big of a hurry.

28 years :)
But I know what you're saying. My daughter isn't married, but has been living with her fiance for 5 years and they have a 22 month old
Older son and his fiance will be moving in together before they get married
Youngest is only 11, so..

I've almost reached the place where I believe that people should get married but not be allowed to have any kids the first five years (or buy a house).. After five years they can decide if they want to stay married. If not, they can part with minimum damage done, hopefully haven (word?) gained enough wisdom to choose better next time (often the second choice turns out being as bad as the first though). If they have been married for five years they know what life is going to be like with that person and they can continue on and make babies and buy a house.

The kids from a broken home are the tragedy.

Last edited:
I've almost reached the place where I believe that people should get married but not be allowed to have any kids the first five years (or buy a house).. After five years they can decide if they want to stay married. If not, they can part with minimum damage done, hopefully haven (word?) gained enough wisdom to choose better next time (often the second choice turns out being as bad as the first though). If they have been married for five years they know what life is going to be like with that person and they can continue on and make babies and buy a house.

The kids from a broken home are the tragedy.
well, we intended to wait 5 years before having our first - didn't work out that way (birth control failed). Of course, we only intended to have the 2, as well - had a tubal after the 19 year old was born. We have an 11 yr old, LOL
Things happen - I think the real problem is that people give up too easily. You see irreconcilable differences as the reason for divorce so often, and it's usually around the 5-7 year mark. Do they even try to work out things or just decide they can't, so won't try? I don't know. This, of course, is barring abuse or infidelity. Abuse, especially, should be immediate grounds.

I'm the product of a "broken home." Bio-pop left when I was 13, my brother was 8 and my sister was a month old. He just decided he didn't want to be married or a father anymore. Attempted a few times over the years to renew contact, but he just...
well anyway - Bio-pop had 3 kids, 7 grandchildren and one great-grandchild he could have known, but chose not to. It's sad because he is the one who lost out. Btw, I refer to him as Bio-pop because a year after hubby and I got married, my Mom married this awesome guy who ended up adopting all three of us kids; even me, and I was married with a child of my own. They've been married almost 27 years. That man is my Dad.

well, we intended to wait 5 years before having our first - didn't work out that way (birth control failed). Of course, we only intended to have the 2, as well - had a tubal after the 19 year old was born. We have an 11 yr old, LOL
Things happen - I think the real problem is that people give up too easily. You see irreconcilable differences as the reason for divorce so often, and it's usually around the 5-7 year mark. Do they even try to work out things or just decide they can't, so won't try? I don't know. This, of course, is barring abuse or infidelity. Abuse, especially, should be immediate grounds.

I'm the product of a "broken home." Bio-pop left when I was 13, my brother was 8 and my sister was a month old. He just decided he didn't want to be married or a father anymore. Attempted a few times over the years to renew contact, but he just...
well anyway - Bio-pop had 3 kids, 7 grandchildren and one great-grandchild he could have known, but chose not to. It's sad because he is the one who lost out. Btw, I refer to him as Bio-pop because a year after hubby and I got married, my Mom married this awesome guy who ended up adopting all three of us kids; even me, and I was married with a child of my own. They've been married almost 27 years. That man is my Dad.

Really nice the way things turned out for you. God bless you.

Afternoon, the D. Had our 1st yr observance of the Mother Emanuel shooting today, I didn't go. The Roof trial will be held in Charleston and if I'm picked as part of the jury pool I'll probably be the 1st in line...that's ONE jury duty I won't try to get out of!
Give him a fair trial and then given him the Death Penalty!!!

Last edited:
Uh oh, for me. (But it's a dry heat)

650x366_06160720_hd24.jpg

There was a restaurant at exit 13 on 400 named the Dinner Deck. All you can eat Fried Chicken and Catfish. He packed folks in that place. We went there often with our next door neighbors (best friends.) It was a wonderful time in our life. The only thing missing was beer and liquor. The guy could not get the necessary license to do that. The building was huge and they packed folks in. Miss it.

• Home again. Happy. Tired. Satisfied.
  • Had a deal slip away this morning. Before I could write the refund check the deal came back. Wasn't that nice? Made my day.
  • #4 called me at work to tell me that #3 was in on leave from Ft. Campbell. Happy again. Breakfast together in the morning. Good times.
  • So this Friday has been a good one.
  • Bev got new wheels. Make her put up some pics.
  • That's it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT