ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Thar's far coming out that train.

Morning.

Y'all fish?

Didn't someones grand ma get ran over by a train?
Morning back at ya!
I like fried fish.

Anyway another day coming at us. All this talk about songs have caused me to remember throwing a hip out of place while doing the twist. Also turning an ankle while trying some kind of fancy dance step at the sox hop when I was fifteen or so. If it isn't belly rubbing dancing, I'm out.

af588dc2893362e5e58697183ebd70e1.jpg

Not American. Is it Russian?

It would be nice if for once if the president showed as much passion about stopping and defeating Isis as he did for blaming republicans and gun supporters like it's our fault. When terrorism occurs he can't wait to get a podium and scold us like five year olds and tell us how it's our fault. I'm personally sick of it. Do what needs to be done. Quit putting innocent people at risk because you want to fight for gun control. Hint Mr. President it's not our fault it's due to your lack of control on Isis, you know that that JV team we have under control who seemingly keeps killingpeople.

Havn't fished lately. Used to a lot. Ky. Lake, Barkley, and lots of lakes in Ballard Co.

Mash, do you fish too? FCC.

No, but I'm going to.

I need advice. I need a pole. Trying to figure out a good beginner setup for bank fishing. I just want a versatile/durable combo that will last me some years and allow me to grow. I expect to catch panfish and bass. Can that be done with one setup?

The internet world of anglers recommend specific setups and poles for each daggum fish, and that's just exhausting to me. I hope one day I can understand wtf they're talking about, but for now I just want to have some fun while I learn. These guys take like 6+ poles with them and I think they fish sober. I'm not looking for that.

Any advice you have on anything would be appreciated, wise one.

I just changed my Facebook name to "No one", so when I see stupid posts I can click like and it will say "No one likes this".

:cool2:
But, but, but, but, I like stupid posts. In fact I take pride in posting stupid stuff. It is in my DNA. On a serious note I have an elderly lady friend who fell for the over seas soldier who is widowed and falls in love with her, then starts asking for money. I have proven to her it is a scam and she stopped for awhile but is back to sending money again. I gave her the Army CID phone number but doubt that she uses it. Her story is that he made her fee alive again but is pretty sure he is a fake.

I never would have dreamed this lady was that messed up enough to fall for something like that. I feel that I should do something besides tell her to stop, but what?

No, but I'm going to.

I need advice. I need a pole. Trying to figure out a good beginner setup for bank fishing. I just want a versatile/durable combo that will last me some years and allow me to grow. I expect to catch panfish and bass. Can that be done with one setup?

The internet world of anglers recommend specific setups and poles for each daggum fish, and that's just exhausting to me. I hope one day I can understand wtf they're talking about, but for now I just want to have some fun while I learn. These guys take like 6+ poles with them and I think they fish sober. I'm not looking for that.

Needs for bank fishing:

Cane pole.
20 ft of line.
one hook.
worms or crickets.
Straw hat.
brogan shoes.
sun block.

Nothing else matters; however, if you want true fishing success a stick of dynamite would help.

Note: if you use the dynamite you will not need the sun screen, just an extra bucket.

Fred, is there any relatives you can contact of that lady?

Fred, also, I remember and watched Chubby Checker's debut on American Bandstand. Still gives me chills when I think about it. Dick Clark introduced him. My mother and I watched and she was young enough to give the twist a try.

Thank you all for being good friends. FCC.
He was born Ernest Evans in Gully. South Carolina. His nickname was Chubby growing up in Philadelphia, PA. Dick Clark's wife suggested the name Chubby Checker as sort of an answer to Fats Domino.

Last edited:
No, but I'm going to.

images

YW

There a few situations in each of our lives where we are afforded the opportunity to do something amazing.....above and beyond the comprehensible. So otherworldly that it shines through all else:

I have danced The Twist on stage right beside Chubby Checker.

Take a moment and let that soak in lady, gentlemen and whatever transwhatevers that may be lurking.

Fred, is there any relatives you can contact of that lady?

Fred, also, I remember and watched Chubby Checker's debut on American Bandstand. Still gives me chills when I think about it. Dick Clark introduced him. My mother and I watched and she was young enough to give the twist a try.

Thank you all for being good friends. FCC.

Just to give FCC the chills. By the way, most of those cuties in the audience are now in their seventies.:joy:

Trivia note: This is the only identical song to go to Number One twice. Summer, 1960 and January 1962.

Here's the original version by Hank Ballard. Checker's version was an almost exact copy. Ballard didn't get mad about it though. He wrote the song and made a goodly fortune on the songwriting royalties.

Last edited:
There a few situations in each of our lives where we are afforded the opportunity to do something amazing.....above and beyond the comprehensible. So otherworldly that it shines through all else:

I have danced The Twist on stage right beside Chubby Checker.

Take a moment and let that soak in lady, gentlemen and whatever transwhatevers that may be lurking.

[roll][laughing]

This is why I love you old f'ers.

You know you're a harmleJutss old guy when young waitresses start calling you "hun" and your wife doesn't care. "Hi there, hun, what'll you have?"
naaah
some of us call people of all ages "hun" or "darlin" or "sweetie" or some such
Just glad hubby never minded that I called other men that - as long as I didn't call them "baby" [winking]

What's up Fred? Lay something heavy on us, some of your wisdom of life Hope your doing well. FCC.

I'm doing good. Driving through the hills visiting folks so far back in the woods that they have to pump the sunshine in. A 2nd cousin about 4 or 5 years older than me has invited me to climb on the back of his four wheeler and spend a day hitting all the grave yards and old homesteads in these hills. He says that it can f go anywhere and I asked him if it coukd climb a tree. He didn't bat an eyelash and said, "We don't have to climb no tree we'll pack the chain saw with us.

He is busy haying right now but said to give him a call in two or three weeks. I will do that. That is how I am doing, I seem to be fresh out of heavy wisdom but will say that the straight and narrow path is easier to navigate when you gather some age on you,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT