ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

-Guy at work came literally rushing into EIT area yelling "MEEKS IS BACK!" like it was Michael Jordan in his prime returning to play at UNC. Jesus, dude.

-Willy's presidential posters should have his favorite American heroes in the background giving a thumbs up. Dahmer, Gacy, Gein, Bundy. Wuornos with a speech bubble saying "Vote for Willy or I cut yo dick off".

-Solo Seattle flight with baby tomorrow (hiding behind couch emoticon)

Last edited:
Took my kids to see jungle book as well. I thought it was great.

That kid is going to be a star!

smokers-who-started-before-age-11-lead-to-obese-kids.gif

Looking back on it my shipmate may have been the best salesman I ever met. The year is 1963, the place is a US Navy vessel home ported at Cape Canaveral, Florida. My shipmate had a booming business going selling mary jane and his product was so good that his repeat customers were his best. I remember some of them claiming it was the best of the best.

All good things must come to an end though and one morning the Feds came aboard and hauled him and his product off. A few months later my ship is in the navy yards for an overhaul in Portsmouth, Va. In no time word went through the ship that our old shipmate Al, was not only out of the brig but still peddling his product from a ship over at the Norfolk, Naval Base.

I had to look him up just to say hi and of course ask him, "How in he hell did you get away so fast and begin selling again?" His answer still brings a grin to my face. The feds had tested his product and found only the following ingredients. Bugler tobacco, bird seed and vanilla extract. No illegal substance at all so he was released but transferred to his present ship and had found customers for his product on it also.

Looking back on it my shipmate may have been the best salesman I ever met. The year is 1963, the place is a US Navy vessel home ported at Cape Canaveral, Florida. My shipmate had a booming business going selling mary jane and his product was so good that his repeat customers were his best. I remember some of them claiming it was the best of the best.

All good things must come to an end though and one morning the Feds came aboard and hauled him and his product off. A few months later my ship is in the navy yards for an overhaul in Portsmouth, Va. In no time word went through the ship that our old shipmate Al, was not only out of the brig but still peddling his product from a ship over at the Norfolk, Naval Base.

I had to look him up just to say hi and of course ask him, "How in he hell did you get away so fast and begin selling again?" His answer still brings a grin to my face. The feds had tested his product and found only the following ingredients. Bugler tobacco, bird seed and vanilla extract. No illegal substance at all so he was released but transferred to his present ship and had found customers for his product on it also.

hahahaha great story

"I run the whole East Coast on cheap rolling tobacco, bird seed, and vanilla extract. IF you want cheap ass tobacco, bird seed, and vanilla extract, YOU will have to go through me. Son, I don't play around."

Hey let me axe you sumn. *puts arm around schmuck* You look like a fine citizen about to cast his vote. May I ask who for? *squints, smile flattens* Who? Tommy, can I call you Tommy...see I think you're confused. See the mans you voting for today is named Willy, ok? *shakes head, pierces through Tommy's pockets with knife and up against his scrotum* Got it, pal? Vote Willy. Tell your friends with dicks and balls. *walks off with a new wallet and watch*

Hey let me axe you sumn. *puts arm around schmuck* You look like a fine citizen about to cast his vote. May I ask who for? *squints, smile flattens* Who? Tommy, can I call you Tommy...see I think you're confused. See the mans you voting for today is named Willy, ok? *shakes head, pierces through Tommy's pockets with knife and up against his scrotum* Got it, pal? Vote Willy. Tell your friends with dicks and balls. *walks off with a new wallet and watch*
[laughing]

Awesome shit.

Reactions: UKGrad93
just evaluated a patient that has severe spasticity of the left arm at the shoulder, elbow, wrist, and fingers as well as severe bilateral spasticity of the hips, knees, and ankles from spending about 18 hours a day sitting in a power wheelchair. He's had several strokes, bout 60 years old. His right eye is basically chronically shut. No feeling below his hips. All he has is the ability to talk, smell, hear, taste, and the use of his right arm. Dude smells like urine all the time because he can't clean himself up and can't transfer to a bedside toilet. To relief himself he rolls over onto his hospital bed at home, lies on a chuck, and lets it rip. He tries to clean himself, but sometimes he has to wait hours for his helper to show up at his apartment and help clean him up. His legs are so swollen and ashy that when I work with him I have to wear gloves because I don't know what may fall off. His skin flakes off and specs float up into the air. I have to blow em away so I don't breathe it in. May start using a mask.

Just remember... if you think your life sucks, just think of this guy. It could always be worse.

Last time I was treating him before his Botox we got him to where he was transferring more efficiently and improved his dynamic reaching balance, but he's not gonna be able to do much the rest of this life. If he messes up his right shoulder, he's screwed.

Sounds like ole Lucky.

TO_2266_6_CMYK.jpg

hahahaha great story

"I run the whole East Coast on cheap rolling tobacco, bird seed, and vanilla extract. IF you want cheap ass tobacco, bird seed, and vanilla extract, YOU will have to go through me. Son, I don't play around."
Good stuff, great memory. He passed in Feb this year. Louie Bodies dementia took him out. The last time I talked to him when I could understand him he had been taken to a mental ward. I called the room and he said "I had a little accident Abe." The accident was that he thought his wife was a burglar and pulled a knife on her. Told her to smile because he good wife had good teeth, the bad wife had bad teeth. He lasted less than four months after that. Not sure if he is peddling his product these days or not. RIP Al!

Last edited:
Good stuff, great memory. He passed in Feb this year. Louie Bodies dementia took him out. The last time I talked to him when I could understand him he had been taken to a mental ward. I called the room and he said "I had a little accident Abe." The accident was that he thought his wife was a burglar and pulled a knife on her. Told her to smile because he good wife had god teeth, the bad wife had bad teeth. He lasted less than four months after that. Not sure if he is peddling his product these days or not. RIP Al!

Deal with that dementia all the time.

Roy Rogers "The King of the Cowboys' family name was Sly. My grandfather used to tell me that they got ran out of a hollow they lived in for stealing chickens. In the 80's I ran into him visiting a friend of his in a small nursing home in southern Ohio.
Being the smart azz that I am I walked into the room and asked his friend. "Did you have to hide your chickens when he came to visit?" His friend didn't reply but the "King of the Cowboys" looked at me and said "You heard that old tale have you?" He was grinning when he said that, was it a confession?

Last edited:
Roy Rogers "The King of the Cowboys' family name was Sly. My grandfather used to tell me that they got ran out of a hollow they lived in for stealing chickens. In the 80's I ran into him visiting a friend of his in a small nursing home in southern Ohio.
Being the smart azz that I am I walked into the room and asked his friend. "Did you have to hide your chickens when he came to visit?" His friend didn't reply but the "King of the Cowboys" looked at me and said "You heard that old tale have you?" He was grinning when he said that, was it a confession?
His wife, Dale Evans, called him Len.

Reactions: UKGrad93
Drinking my coffee this morning seems to have me thinking about horse races. Of course the Derby is Saturday so my brain seems up to date. Then I think of a great race that I missed and the minds that thought that race up. The people who thought up and staged the race between Jesse Owens and a race horse had to be special folks. Now my brain seems to be leaking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT