ADVERTISEMENT

Reed vs Dilly on right now

Hopefully Reed gets it going in the 2nd half. You can tell he's frustrated by how physical Minnesota is on defense. They hack,grab, and push alot.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Reed's 3 ball has really been off these last two games. Was nice to see him get a and1 against the Nix guy. Nix is trying to show up Reed everytime on defense.

Maybe it’s the hack and grabbing but the Rockets haven’t been able to catch a pass all night. Doesn’t matter who throws it. It’s just bouncing off their hands even if they’re wide open sometimes. lol

Reed had 20 points on 9-17 shooting, along with 7 assists, but it was surprising to see him with 9 turnovers. Overall, he still had a pretty good game … I thought. He is averaging an even 20 points for his four (4) games, so far.

Reactions: Fox2monk and chroix
Reed was turning it over left and right in the 1st quarter. Just had the ball stolen from him 2 or 3 times, I had to turn it off. Glad to see he got it going a little bit and had a good scoring night.

Dillingham had 15 points (6/21 2/7 from 3), 6 assist, and 5 rebounds. Odd nobody mentioned Dillingham, only Shepherd. HMMMM.

Dillingham had 15 points (6/21 2/7 from 3), 6 assist, and 5 rebounds. Odd nobody mentioned Dillingham, only Shepherd. HMMMM.
Not sure what "HMMMM" or "odd" is supposed to mean. Everyone here loves Rob and Reed. I was watching the game last night so I could see them both. Reed has been the MVP (at least top 2) of Summer League so far and Rob has been just okay. Obviously Reed has a certain amount of extra cheering section because of who he is, legacy player we all loved for not only his skills but his deep ties to Kentucky basketball.

Also, I said I turned it off last night because of how poorly Reed was playing in the 1st quarter. I don't think I like the implication of your post.

I simply implied Reed was way more popular than Rob, gets more attention. And that I like BOTH players equally. They both played their ass off here and I just feel like Rob deserves a little bit more love than he receives. That is all my post was intended to point out. Not ONE poster posted Rob's stats, that was my what I was highlighting. What implications did you draw from it to not like ?

I simply implied Reed was way more popular than Rob, gets more attention. And that I like BOTH players equally. They both played their ass off here and I just feel like Rob deserves a little bit more love than he receives. That is all my post was intended to point out. Not ONE poster posted Rob's stats, that was my what I was highlighting. What implications did you draw from it to not like ?
"HMMMM" and "odd", just not sure what that was supposed to mean. Reed has been better than Rob so far in SL and yes because of who he is I'd say there are people really rooting for him to succeed. I also think he has more people to prove wrong than Rob does. Reed had plenty of doubters out there (not UK fans). A lot of people out there thinking he wasn't worth a lottery selection. I think it was pretty universally recognized that Rob Dillingham is going to be a good NBA player.

Let it go man. Tryna start up some sht?
Maybe you post Rob's stats if you want

Judging by posts, Rob must not have played.
I watched the entire game and didn’t mention Rob because I thought he played poorly and I do not like to be negative. I posted stats for people to review. I really didn’t see him do much, quite frankly. I’ve watched him in other games and he played similarly there, except for one quarter when he was pretty awesome. Like others have said, I think he will settle in and have a nice career. He has bucket-getting skills that suit the NBA game. His defense, like Reed’s, needs to improve. Everyone already knows this.

Last edited:
"HMMMM" and "odd", just not sure what that was supposed to mean. Reed has been better than Rob so far in SL and yes because of who he is I'd say there are people really rooting for him to succeed. I also think he has more people to prove wrong than Rob does. Reed had plenty of doubters out there (not UK fans). A lot of people out there thinking he wasn't worth a lottery selection. I think it was pretty universally recognized that Rob Dillingham is going to be a good NBA player.
Not going to reply to other poster (he is baiting and wanting to argue big time), you seem to want to discuss the topic reasonably. But I disagree, Rob slide, and Reed stayed or even moved up in mocks. Reed was even talked about maybe going #1, so no a lot of people did not think Rob was going to be the better NBA player. Hell some even had him out side the top 12-15. Reed IS the better prospect (SL has shown that), but at UK, they both played their ass off and gave it everything they had. I was just simply stating Rob deserves more love and that Reed gets ALL of the attention and accolades while AT UK.

zerubbable, move along, not going to engage in middle school stupidity.

STL Cat, we are good, you are debating it with real opinions and not just a fly by bait post.

Reactions: STL_Cat
I watched the entire game and didn’t mention Rob because I thought he played poorly and I do not like to be negative. I posted stats for people to review. I really didn’t see him do much, quite frankly. I’ve watched him in other games and he played similarly there, except for one quarter when he was pretty awesome. Like others have said, I think he will settle in and have a nice career. He has bucket-getting skills that suit the NBA game. His defense, like Reed’s, needs to improve. Everyone already knows this.
Rob needs strength and it will take some time for both to get used to the pro game but I agree. Rob will be a great pro and Reed is looking like a future all star at this rate.

Not going to reply to other poster (he is baiting and wanting to argue big time), you seem to want to discuss the topic reasonably. But I disagree, Rob slide, and Reed stayed or even moved up in mocks. Reed was even talked about maybe going #1, so no a lot of people did not think Rob was going to be the better NBA player. Hell some even had him out side the top 12-15. Reed IS the better prospect (SL has shown that), but at UK, they both played their ass off and gave it everything they had. I was just simply stating Rob deserves more love and that Reed gets ALL of the attention and accolades while AT UK.

zerubbable, move along, not going to engage in middle school stupidity.

STL Cat, we are good, you are debating it with real opinions and not just a fly by bait post.
I know where they were both drafted, and I thought it was the right choice. If you looked at comment sections and message boards leading up to the draft, regardless of how much Reed moved himself up during the combine there were a ton of non-believers in his ability. You know how many times I read "bust" and "whoever drafts him is getting another Jimmer"? A ton. That's what I'm referring to. Conversely, the general consensus was that Rob is going to cook in the NBA. I think they're both going to be very good, but you are kidding yourself if you think there weren't a lot of people out there that didn't or don't believe in Reed Sheppard.

Reed is a legacy player and a fan favorite but I think everyone here loves Rob as well. It's not that complicated tbh

All this being said Reed has to protect the ball better. 9 turnovers last night was no bueno. 5 of them had to have been in the 1st quarter because that's when I stopped watching. He was straight up getting his pocket picked.

Reeds a fellow 606er,, Robs not.. Its that simple..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT