ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I hope we are thankful enough. The broadcast of basketball games and especially the broadcasting of NCAAT games has changed from going to that special spot that you knew of to listen to the game to being able to watch every second of your team's game on television. March is a very special time of the basketball season. Right now some teams are celebrating the upset of a team that nobody much believed could happen. The others are crying because they got beat and are not advancing. This is all very special. I hope you guys (generic) are having a real good time.

Got home about 8:30am, napped til 1:00, woke up still sleepy. Man I could've slept til 4:00. Got up, finished all the yard work, went and got the dogs from the in-laws to bring back to the house, put em in the back yard, got lunch, now back at the hospital.

It's great holding her. Wife is doing well. Kinlee has been knocked out all day. Hope to God she can be a good sleeper. Prepared for people to be coming and going all today and tomorrow. Scheduled to bring her home Sunday.

Trying to figure out where I'm gonna watch the game tomorrow. Wife knows I CAN'T be calm during a game with Indiana so she said it may be a good idea to go home and watch it. I dunno.
Congrats on the new rug rat. Hearing da da isn't to far away for you.

Happy for you and your wife.

Through the years I have made a fun bracket where I picked against all the teams I didn't like. A lot of Big 10 teams got picked to lose very early. I also as a habit made sure I picked plenty of upsets on some brackets I filled out just to be able to show them to folks when they happened. Guess who didn't do that this year? Only one I have so d far is Yale and went their way after listening to a TV guy.

All that said as usual this tournament has something for every one and as a lot of people thought a lot of teams could win it all. Even ones that no one gave a chance except some of their fans, maybe?

Great tournament so far. I picked a few of the upsets, but my bracket is shot.

Pac 12 sucks
Big 10 + 2 sucks
Selection Committee made TV games not seeding for many teams.

I also learned the definition of a rebound lol

ditto
ditto
ditto
ditto
ditto

now I am lost on the ditto numbering......................

-Taking a vow of sobriety tonight. I need to pace myself this weekend. I don't want to start the second round with a hangover.

-Get fvcked B1G. We're sending another one home tomorrow.

In West Vir. game that's on now, one of the refs was doing a 5 second count,(closely guarded) on the dribbler. I thought that rule was abolished due to the shot clock. I'll hang up and listen. FCC.
I think you're correct. They must have a brain fart from time to time. I have also seen a ref counting a few times this season.

Somewhere my daddy is smiling.

Side note: the only game I've ever rooted for anyone other than UK is 1982 when we played MTSU -- dad's alma mater -- in the opening round. UK jumped out to an 8-0 lead, and then it was all downhill after that :D

I always root for MTSU…unless they happen to be playing the Cats of course.

Had an aunt and uncle who lived in Murfreesboro (both have since passed away). They lived about 2 miles from the Stones River Civil War battlefield. I used to love visiting that place. My uncle was a Math professor at MTSU. My cousin played baseball for MTSU. I used to play pick up basketball games in their gym when we would visit in the summer. Good times.

allie-laforce-march-madness-sideline-reporter-2013-4.jpg

Driving all day. Met my mom in Champaigne/Urbana (half way point) to pick up my daughter. Listened to some of the games on sat radio. Wisconsin and Pitt should both be out for failure to score at least 59 points.

I'll check ticket prices on the stub in the morning. To tired to think about driving over there. Didn't see many KY or Indiana license plates on the road today. I was on the main roads between here & there.

Driving all day. Met my mom in Champaigne/Urbana (half way point) to pick up my daughter. Listened to some of the games on sat radio. Wisconsin and Pitt should both be out for failure to score at least 59 points.

I'll check ticket prices on the stub in the morning. To tired to think about driving over there. Didn't see many KY or Indiana license plates on the road today. I was on the main roads between here & there.
Safe travels. Have fun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT