ADVERTISEMENT

CRod- How bad is this???

Has to be some sort of confusion on when to appear , etc. An attorney can handle this stuff , plus , it’s a misdemeanor and there’s no reason whatsoever not to appear

I suspect you are right. My guess is his attorney maybe even told him he didn't need to appear since it was a not guilty plea at arraignment. In some jurisdictions and in front of some judges that's the case. Apparently not here.

Just heard that WLEX is reporting he missed a court appearance today and a bench warrant was issued? If so, why couldn't his attorney appeared for him? His charges were just misdemeanors
Probably didn’t hire one. If he showed up today, the judge would have issued a continuance to give him a chance to obtain legal council. It isn’t the end of the world but definitely makes life more difficult. Hopefully Stoops got him on the phone, to turn himself in and get this figured out.

On that coaching staff or in his ****ing life should have made sure his ass was there. If a lawyer told him he didn't then the lawyer should be blasted in public.

Now his ass is going to have to go sit in jail for a few hours and Bail himself out.
Makes University of Kentucky football coaches look bad.

I hope he don't get kicked off the team but man oh man he better straighten this shit up real quick.

I hope he enjoys 52 dui classes and 25 bucks each time. And making himself harder to draft because of his decision-making. He probably just drop down to like 5th or 6th or 7th round if even drafted.
He will pay big time.

Starting tomorrow he better start working towards fixing this in every way he can. The NFL is watching

This is all on Mark Stoops and the staff. What the hell are they doing, sitting on Cal’s couch eating potato chips?

What a stupid set of decisions on his part. He is single handily going to screw up the beginning of the season.

No way, CR's an adult. This is all on him.
They don’t send court date info to coaches . I’d suspect it’s a miscommunication with an attorney . There’s just no way you don’t show on purpose for a misdemeanor ...an attorney can show for you , and there’s no consequence . They don’t haul you away no matter what you plead . You just ( or an attorney ) say ‘not guilty’ and walk out

Didn't Jules Camara have to sit a year because of a DUI?
Yes. Tubby locked the team down for any alcohol related offense. I’m pretty sure fb did too bc the year before we had some fb players die in a wrench caused by drunk driving. 2 players died The center I can’t remember his name was driving drunk.

They don’t send court date info to coaches . I’d suspect it’s a miscommunication with an attorney . There’s just no way you don’t show on purpose for a misdemeanor ...an attorney can show for you , and there’s no consequence . They don’t haul you away no matter what you plead . You just ( or an attorney ) say ‘not guilty’ and walk out
Agreed. This is likely to turn out to be a breakdown in communications. Can't imagine anybody knowing skipping that court date.

Reactions: JHB4UK and JC-3
Agreed. This is likely to turn out to be a breakdown in communications. Can't imagine anybody knowing skipping that court date.
It’s on the attorney if he has one. If not where’s his heavily involved pops? I make no excuses for his drinking and driving whether .08 or .04 either way it’s a bad choice but I will say this. At .08 it’s no different than driving tired. He didn’t commit the end all be all of crimes. Likely since it’s right at the legal limit it gets dropped. Possibly his attorney showed for him told him not to worry and the guy screwed him with his advice. Let’s see what happens next before flying off the handle

They can do that in certain situations but not all.

I suspect the very low $200 bond is also indicative of a mix up

Suspended for cupcake game and back for Florida. Any lesson of value will be learned well in advance if either game. No point in punishing his teammates for his mistake.
Just say he wasn't driving worked for K and Duke when Bancharo wrecked and K's Nephew took the fall.

Reactions: Jont0805
Kid made a mistake and got caught. Many of us on this board did stupid shit like driving drunk at 21. Lucky for most of us we never got caught. I won’t cast stones, hope he learns from this and never does it again. I don’t want it to ruin his career or our season. Suspend him game 1 to pretend to show a commitment to discipline and move on. He will pay enough in legal fees, jail, his permanent record, etc.
He’s 21 (likely 22 or 23) which means he is an adult, not a kid. If this were a Louisville player, you’d be singing a different tune. He made a mistake and now he gets to have some consequences. We all did stupid stuff but we had consequences. Playing football does not absolve you from said consequences. Stop making excuses for this man. I knew not to drink and drive at that age. IMO, two game suspension with zero tolerance is sufficient. If you DUI twice, you deserve what’s coming.

563-FF5-C4-E8-E7-4-EBA-80-CB-24-C3-DF6-F0-EF5.jpg

I just ran into this dude out looking for him..can’t be good.

What a stupid set of decisions on his part. He is single handily going to screw up the beginning of the season.

He is a good RB, he isn't going to put UK on his shoulders and carry them. But what started out as bad judgement is turning into a pretty bad PR experience for Crod. UK isn't UT, I think CMS has been forced to make a stance. No termination, but most likely a suspension.

.08 is like one freaking Beer I’m sorry but the legal drinking limit needs to be increased. I’d rather ride with somebody who drink a beer over somebody who texts and drives alot
You're an uneducated idiot. .08 for a man of his size would be about 4 beers.

This is one of the most Facebook looking lair threads I've ever seen.

First: no we wouldn't be trashing another programs players for this because we wouldnt have heard about it unless somebody was injured. Most likely a citation wouldn't have even been issued. This town is so used to a losing football program that there is a moral superiority approach between athletes and police in Lexington, it seems. Sort of a "higher standard" sort of thing. This was very apparent with the frat incident last year. That whole thing was ridiculous. Please somebody tell me that situation plays out like that in Tuscaloosa so I can know to never listen to you again.

Second: I think my bargain basement traffic lawyer could get on the same page as the DA's office on when and wether or not I need to appear, and I don't have SEC football star privilege. What is up with this crap?

Third: .08 is such an arbitrary legal limit. Driving discracted by phone is easily as dangerous as driving drunk, as is driving while exhausted. I don't care how outraged you are because you feel that driving after a few beers is the societal line you have drawn.

If you want your favorite football team to hold their players to a zero tolerance policy, go root for BYU. Oh dang, they have some rape allegations floating around that got buried resulting in some controversynthat a sympathetic local media keeps mostly local. Ok how about a Baptist school like Baylor. Well, shit. Maybe Liberty? One of the most famous serial killer in the state got his start raping Liberty girls while suiting up for the flames.

Clutch your pearls all you want, but I remember Lloyd Tubman. I remember last season and Vito possibly missing a breakout season over manufactured bullshit.

Until we learn the facts about this incident, I have seen enough to give the benefit of the doubt to the player.

0.08, so exactly at the legal limit

Fine with whatever Stoops chooses. Based on the past he won't announce the punishment, it'll just happen. he doesn't double down on kids, by publicizing their penalties for bad choices & making the bad headlines happen twice.
It was only a .08? I thought he was hammered. That could be the difference in leaving 15 minutes early from two beers. If he refused to blow and did it at the courthouse it could have been below by then as well. Still think he should call a cab regardless but one game is enough along with his court hassles now.

Man glad I am not your son!! If it was my sons name being dragged about I would be mad. This was no fault of CROD. Good for his dad!!!
Yeah, really.

Can Chris sue for damages if he has any financial fallout due to his dumbass lawyer not showing up to court on his behalf, or the dumbass court employee not notifying his lawyer? Because this bench warrant seems to be solely the result of somebody not named Chris Rodriguez being an absolute dumbass. If this happened in Athens, Knoxville, Columbia, Gainesville, Tuscaloosa, Baton Rouge... you get the drift...half the court employees would be looking for a new job.

This board is ridiculous sometimes. Sometimes I envy pay boards. Way fewer people pay to troll.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT