ADVERTISEMENT

Downplaying SECT = Another early exit

Cal is not the right coach for UK in any way.
He doesn’t like things that the fans love.
Holiday tournaments
SEC tournament
Doesn’t care about championships, banners, all time wins, KY basketball history
He’s making history by setting most of the worst KY basketball records

Last edited:
The last few years we’ve had Little House on the Prairie rerun talk, wanting to go kiss dog talk, and the usual I don’t care about this tournament talk. Yeah, it’s not shocking that the players follow their leaders mindset. He can not like it, but every damn team plays it and our fans spend their hard earned money and time to attend it. Shut your damn mouth and stop trying to stomp out the traditions that BBN love. This man is so out of touch with the fanbase.

Cal is not the right coach for UK in every way.
He doesn’t like things that the fans love.
Holiday tournaments
SEC tournament
Doesn’t care about championships, banners, all time wins, KY basketball history
He’s making history by setting most of the worst KY basketball records
Yep, destroyed the tradition. We are a blueblood in tradition only, others have passed us.
Why would fans waste their money going to the SEC tourney to watch an inconsistent team with a mediocre coach who has stated he doesn't care about the SEC tourney.

A little history for some. There was a time when teams that did well in their postseason conference tournaments often lost early on in the NCAA, surprisingly. I can remember being jealous of the teams that got to rest. Now we get to rest and I hate it.

It seems most of the recent champions have also won their conference tournament. Or at least advanced far.

Reactions: catzcan
A little history for some. There was a time when teams that did well in their postseason conference tournaments often lost early on in the NCAA, surprisingly. I can remember being jealous of the teams that got to rest. Now we get to rest and I hate it.

It seems most of the recent champions have also won their conference tournament. Or at least advanced far.
We are fixing to get to rest and get ready for the Crapapari draft hype machine to hit. It's his favorite time because it's the offseason.

I’ve heard Cal downplay it year after year. It was one thing when we were still winning the SEC Tournament, I thought maybe he was trying to lighten the pressure off the team. But these days, I scratch my head at a coach who says these things. Is he glad he’s got extra days to prepare for the NCAA Tournament?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT