ADVERTISEMENT

Covid shot... Experience

Sorry for your loss. My in-laws, who are usually pretty stubborn about things like this, were in line to get theirs ASAP after several friends got Covid-19, including their next door neighbor, who died.
Thank you. He had a brother in law hospitalized a few months ago for several days with Covid. I was hoping with him being high risk, it would change his opinion, but unfortunately it didn't.

Thank you. He had a brother in law hospitalized a few months ago for several days with Covid. I was hoping with him being high risk, it would change his opinion, but unfortunately it didn't.

That sucks. I try not to be judgmental about folks and this decision, but It's so foolish that people are letting their politics play into this. Of course, it's the politician's fault for injecting politics into it in the first place.

That sucks. I try not to be judgmental about folks and this decision, but It's so foolish that people are letting their politics play into this. Of course, it's the politician's fault for injecting politics into it in the first place.
Who is injecting politics into it?

• Haha
Reactions: Lord Z
Do you have a link for that?
www.covid19-projections.com/path-to-herd-immunity/ is from Youyang Gu, one of the best data analysts on this topic. Indicates that 109M Americans have caught it by now and that 111M will have by the end of the year (only a 2M difference).

As for the IFR of .4%, that's sort of midline estimate based on various studies that I've looked at.

The 99.99% survival if you're not dying already hyperbole on my part.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicholascat
www.covid19-projections.com/path-to-herd-immunity/ is from Youyang Gu, one of the best data analysts on this topic. Indicates that 109M Americans have caught it by now and that 111M will have by the end of the year (only a 2M difference).

As for the IFR of .4%, that's sort of midline estimate based on various studies that I've looked at.

The 99.99% survival if you're not dying already hyperbole on my part.

If we've learned anything in all of this it's to not trust "models".

And the model is flawed. It doesn't account for all of the people who have been hiding/are still hiding. There are a significant # of people who never came out and stayed at home for an entire year. Some of those folks still haven't come out.

It's all irrelevant at this point.

The government has no more responsibility in trying to protect people from the virus. You can protect yourself now. If you choose not to, that's on you.

Reactions: Lord Z
03kcsh0alj811.jpg

I had night sweats, nothing serious.

Reactions: The-Hack
I tell you what, I lost my father in law last Friday from Covid, he was only 56.

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss, PCF.

Just yesterday, I heard of the loss of a minister in his late 50’s who had foregone the shots. Given our proximity, it might have been the same loss.

Was your father-in-law a Minister?

Reactions: Pulaski Cat Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT