ADVERTISEMENT

Cousins post

. . . and all of could have and still can be avoided if the "Don" would just swallow his pride and try to be a better game manager COACH. Just stop all the bromides and theorizing and just COACH the real details of basketball when the clock starts.

Thats it! Thats really it. Cal could have and can fix all his and the programs problems just by doing something as simple as that.

I just don't think players from 10+ years ago are really going to get upset if Cal is let go.

I think you'll see a lot of players make posts like "we love you Cal!" and that will be it. Hard to imagine these guys don't under stand the Fans side of this on the other end.

It will only get messy from Cal, his family, and the few big supporters left. There will be times where Cal takes digs at the fans, maybe a NCAAT matchup. That will be it.

I think most felt it was going be nasty years ago, but it has ramped up. I’m not going knock a former player having their coach’s back. Especially one who played in Cal’s golden era. He’d probably be a little disappointed if he truly followed and cared about UK bball.

Some might shun UK after it, but what can you do? I doubt many would turn down running their camps, etc in Lex in the future.

This shit is gonna be a nasty situation. If he stays the amount of toxicity will be unrivaled and if he leaves the amount of toxicity will be unrivaled. The fanbase still needs a reset but this breakup if it happens will be nasty
The hell with it, it's gonna be nasty regardless but the program is bigger than Calipari or any player...always will be.

I don't think a tweet by an ex player necessarily means it’s gonna be nasty.

But, even if so, oh well. If you know it's inevitably gotta be done, then best to go ahead and do it. If there's nastiness to be dealt with, better to deal with it now than postpone the program's revival for another year. No one person is bigger than the program ...regardless of what a former NBA star might think.

I believe UK lost their way for a while. They allowed Cal to frame his narrative. Winning on draft day was good enough. It is no longer acceptable. I don't care if we have another NBA player for the rest of my life if we are a consistent threat to win the championship. I am tired of being a consistent threat to win in the first round.

Yeah. I would expect Cousins to back him and not have any clue what kind of product he's turned out the past 8 years. Attention spans and memories being what they are these days. I remember when DC said he wanted to come back to UK. I remember when he here and was tired of being here with the guys that weren't going pro. Which way is the wind gonna blow tomorrow?

I just don't think players from 10+ years ago are really going to get upset if Cal is let go.

I think you'll see a lot of players make posts like "we love you Cal!" and that will be it. Hard to imagine these guys don't under stand the Fans side of this on the other end.

It will only get messy from Cal, his family, and the few big supporters left. There will be times where Cal takes digs at the fans, maybe a NCAAT matchup. That will be it.
We shouldn’t be surprised if they stop repping BBN in the future. They came for Cal & not our tradition. Hate to say it!

Well, I don't care what former player tries to back up Cal. That just means they, like Cal, don't care about winning or UK - they care about themselves and $$$$$.

The dude has sucked for the better part of the last 5 years. Any former player that ignores his performance over this time to support him clearly does not have winning as part of their concern and are only supporting him because he supported them before the program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT