ADVERTISEMENT

Cousins Davis or Towns

It depends on what criteria you consider to be the best , they are all going to put up big numbers before it's over . To me team success is the least important because you can't control that . I don't even really want to choose because there isn't a wrong answer for this . AD has the most dominate skill , Towns has developed the most overall skills and Cousins is a dominate scoring threat .

Reactions: Bkocats
I think KAT will and him getting mentor like KG will only help.

Also, i think his situation is much better than AD/Cousin allowing him to grow more positively. Number he's been putting up recently is just shocking, to be honest.

his last 5 games this is his average.

23.6 ppg @ 68.5%. made 2 threes. 88.9% from Free throw

12.4 rpg, 3.2 apg, 2.4 bpg, .8 spg.

2.2 fouls per game and 2.8 TOpg.

This is not a rookie number. This isn't a sophomore number. These number are seasoned vet numbers. It's crazy...

Reactions: WitnessGreatness
If Davis can stay healthy, he will be the best player.

This is my thought too. I would normally jump on the Davis bandwagon but eliminated him as the choice as he just seems to have too many injury problems which makes him a question mark for the long haul. I will go with Towns having the more complete game over Cousins as well as his attitude not getting in the way of greatness.

Reactions: musrat59
To be honest, I used to think Davis, but not anymore. I expected Davis to be better than he is this year. I think all the face of the league talk was a little premature. I'm putting my money on KAT. I think Davis is too injury prone. I think Cousins is a hell of a player, but there's a lot of other parts to the game than offense.

unfortunately all three of them are trapped in pretty clueless organizations

minnesota is probably better off without saunders, though

Which one do you see having the best overall NBA career?
It's a premature question because all 3 must prove they are physically durable and mentally strong enough to get it done over a full career. Cousins probably has the most raw talent, but must still prove he can fit on a successful team and be a good citizen in the locker room. Davis has had some trouble staying healthy, but could outgrow that problem. There is a perception that Davis is already 1 of the 5 best players in the NBA, although he sometimes gets beat in head to head matchups with veteran players. Towns just hasn't been in the NBA long enough, although the early results are impressive. Cousins and Towns are 5s, while Davis is a 4. I'm guessing Cousins is the best. But DeMarcus could flame out pretty quickly if he doesn't grow up.

I think Davis injuries are the weight and mass added to his frame , it looks like he could handle the extra weight but it's not natural for his body . They should have left him skinny instead of trying to make him Shaq , players have had success playing thin .

davis still has the ability to affect the game the most. he can reach anything two feet over the basket and has insane range defensively. towns could be just as good at the rim and has all the overall skills although davis is a little more fluid. i don't think either will ever be the offensive force of cousins. there's really one main reason why, besides that his game still expanding. and that's his ability to offensive rebound. especially his own shots. he just clears people out. so when he takes a shot from the post not only his % accounts for his efficiency but also his offensive rebounds and put backs can be added to that. more likely than not he's scoring one way or the other or going to the line when he gets it down low in other words. that's a career hof type skill/ability. he has to work a lot harder obviously but that's shaq-like. only he shoots jumpers too which are lower %.

A couple of things for us to think about. First of all, what other college can lay claim to having 3 of the best young big men in the NBA? Secondly, in a couple of years, 4 of the top ten NBA players could be from UK. This all means that the future of UK basketball is in good shape, because future recruits will see this and want to be a part of it.

Is Davis really injured that much or do they just err on the side of caution because the team sucks balls and they're thinking long term?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT