ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky could have 5 or 6 NBA All-Stars this season.

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
The locks:

SGA

The probable:

Booker
Maxey
Davis
Fox

Close:

Murray
Bam
Towns
Randle

Outside looking in:

Herro

I think when it's all said and done, we get Fox, SGA, Towns, Davis, and Booker in the game.

Has any program produced at least five NBA-All Stars at the same time?

I’m loving how our guys are dominating the NBA this year. Shai is getting serious MVP consideration, as he should.

I go to a lot of Sixers games and I can tell you Tyrese Maxey is the most popular sports figure in Philadelphia right now other than maybe Bryce Harper.

Reactions: Fox2monk
The locks:

SGA

The probable:

Booker
Maxey
Davis
Fox

Close:

Murray
Bam
Towns
Randle

Outside looking in:

Herro

I think when it's all said and done, we get Fox, SGA, Towns, Davis, and Booker in the game.

Has any program produced at least five NBA-All Stars at the same time?
I'd put Davis, Fox, and Maxey in the 'locks' category and between Booker, Bam, Towns, Randle, and Murray there will be no less than two that make it, likely more.

I’m loving how our guys are dominating the NBA this year. Shai is getting serious MVP consideration, as he should.

I go to a lot of Sixers games and I can tell you Tyrese Maxey is the most popular sports figure in Philadelphia right now other than maybe Bryce Harper.
Maxey is a beast

Reactions: chroix
If Murray wasn't injured early on and on a minutes restriction he would be an All-Star. Will be interesting to track Quickley's progression in the years to come. Early signs in Toronto looking good!

Reactions: chroix
It's not pointless to the guys we're recruiting. Their opinion is more important in this area than yours.
Yea if that’s all you care about then I guess so. I’m a Kentucky Basketball fan. I want wins, final fours, titles…individual accolades come thru team success not vice versa. You go ahead and count the all stars, best of luck to you.

Yea if that’s all you care about then I guess so. I’m a Kentucky Basketball fan. I want wins, final fours, titles…individual accolades come thru team success not vice versa. You go ahead and count the all stars, best of luck to you.
I mean no disrespect to you at all. I admire you as a fellow Cat fan, but why do you think we're leading for guys like Caleb Wilson, AJ Dybantsa, Darryn Peterson, Jasper Johnson, and Tyran Stokes right now?

It's because we have a bunch of NBA All-Stars, and the perception that Calipari is the best with elite freshmen (which he is).

I mean no disrespect to you at all. I admire you as a fellow Cat fan, but why do you think we're leading for guys like Caleb Wilson, AJ Dybantsa, Darryn Peterson, Jasper Johnson, and Tyran Stokes right now?

It's because we have a bunch of NBA All-Stars, and the perception that Calipari is the best with elite freshmen (which he is).
I completely agree and I love our recruiting classes. My only rub is why can’t we celebrate both? And when I say “we” I mean the coach along with the fans. Obviously the whole point in keeping score is to see who wins and who loses. I learned the game of basketball 30 years ago. My coaches instilled in me and most every player out there that it’s about the team. As I said, team achievements usually lead to individual accolades. I’ll use Anthony Davis as an example. He gave up shots, points for the good of the team. I’d say he has done ok in the league and we hung a banner. That’s all I’m saying. And I think that’s the rub with a lot of us on this board and throughout Wildcat Country. We all want to win, that’s not in doubt. I agree the success in the pros is alluring, how could it not be, but aren’t we here to win championships? Again I think we are, I would just like to see our coach mention it a little more and not be patronizing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT