ADVERTISEMENT

Could Travis Perry be what many thought Reed would be?

We don’t care what his prospects are for the NBA, it’s what they are for college. Future pros haven’t translated to post season success at Kentucky lately.
So you agree with me that his height and quickness are not a problem, at least at the college level?

Travis is as good or better shooter but needs to work on defense and overall game. Travis also has a giant chip on his shoulder an something to prove . Perry will be a great player here but a 3 year player.

Now hear me out, I’m not saying they are similar players…I’m talking impact. Reed was an amazing player, and Perry won’t ever be at his athletic level. However, we could get Perry for 4 years. He could warm the bench this season, but if he’s better than some think, he may contribute this year. Regardless, he could be a more valuable piece to our program in the long run since he likely will never be drafted. Reed was great, but he was almost too talented. Like many other freshmen, we get to see his best days in the NBA after one year at UK. I’m always excited about great shooters…I just hope Perry has the athletic ability and other skills to be a SEC contributor. He may end up with the career many thought Reed would have when he first came here. Just a random thought on a boring summer day.

If he "warms the bench" this year with very little to no meaningful minutes and Pope recruits well, more than likely he will be at a smaller school next season like EKU, WKU, Murray etc. He could be one of the few who would rather stay and be part of UK ala players of old but most kids today want playing time ASAP and aren't going to wait.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT