ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper Flagg is Unreal

Pay the kid his money. We all know that’s what it’s about.
That is part of it. But not all of it. Let's not grossly underestimate people we don't know. Many people have the ability to think about more than one thing at a time. Granted, not all do.

“Yo yo yo….what’s good up wit you Fam”

Defend that, and continue to look like a fool.

At least Herro is a young guy who likely doesn’t know any better yet.

You….have no excuse.

I mean, what are you quoting him from? Context? Herro is a 23 year old white dude from Wisconsin playing in the NBA dominated by African Americans. I'd venture to guess he hears "what's good fam" on a regular basis. What is so stupid about it? Just because it's not something you would say? I mean, I wouldn't either. So what?

White + upper middle class family + elite skill set + Duke wants him + whitest sounding name in his recruiting class = UK has no chance.
There certainly may be exceptions, but it seems like whenever it's between UK and Duke, they choose Duke. It has been that way as long as I can remember ... been following the Cats since the 60's.

White + upper middle class family + elite skill set + Duke wants him + whitest sounding name in his recruiting class = UK has no chance.

So by your way of thinking, UK may as well just stop recruiting upper middle class Caucasians? As a free thinking, college educated great grandchild of immigrants with no respect for either political party, I find this kind of stereotypical thinking crude and polarizing. In today's world, what kind of simpleton still thinks this way? I could name a list of skilled Caucasian upper middle class basketball players who didn't go to Duke. But what is the point? If Cal can't recruit players like this, it isn't because players from a certain social class must go to Duke. It would be because Cal doesn't take an interest in upper middle class families. This is not a UK thing or a Duke thing. It is a Cal thing. Cal's whole recruiting pitch is tuned into poor families and new wealth. How long before you get this through your head?

There certainly may be exceptions, but it seems like whenever it's between UK and Duke, they choose Duke. It has been that way as long as I can remember ... been following the Cats since the 60's.

Wasn't that way from 2009 to 2018 or 2019. Started around with Marvin Bagley. Duke took being cooler to play for back away. Cal had it for a while.

Reactions: Fox2monk
He is most likely going to reclass to 2024 so he is eligible for the 2025 draft and can go #1. If he is in the same draft as Cameron Boozer (2026) than there is a chance that Flagg doesn't go #1.

The dream for Duke is to get Flagg and Boozer on the same team, however that's unlikely. I think Flagg plays in 24-25 and Boozer in 25-26, good chance they both become the #1 picks in the draft. Not bad for Scheyer.

Reactions: EdgeHD
Can someone tell me the age range for seniors? For instance Flagg and Peterson are talking about reclassifying, but are born in 12/06 and 1/07. They wouldn't turn 18 until halfway through their freshman year. Did I get that correct or am I off a year?

Started in 2013. Okafor/Tyus Jones package deal.

We landed a super class for 2013-14, so I don't buy that.

Screenshot-20230707-092514-Chrome.jpg

We landed a super class for 2013-14, so I don't buy that.

Screenshot-20230707-092514-Chrome.jpg
They committed in Nov 2013 is what I meant (since 2013), were part of the 2014 class. And played college in 2014-2015, the year Duke won the title. And yes, Cal really wanted them. UK's 2013 recruiting class was very good and almost led to a 2014 title.

They committed in Nov 2013 is what I meant (since 2013), were part of the 2014 class. And played college in 2014-2015, the year Duke won the title. And yes, Cal really wanted them. Your 2013 recruiting class was very good and almost led to a 2014 title.

Duke landed the better class on paper in 2015, but ours was right there. We went on to get Jamal Murray and then the 2017 was a super class (Monk, Bam, Fox). I'm still gonna stick with 2018.

Duke landed the better class on paper in 2015, but ours was right there. We went on to get Jamal Murray and then the 2017 was a super class (Monk, Bam, Fox). I'm still gonna stick with 2018.
Brandon Ingram, Jayson Tatum, Harry Giles (who was a massive recruit at the time.) Cal wanted all of them and Duke beat them out. This was 2015, 2016. I have already given 2013, 2014 examples. Furthermore, Bagley was part of the 2017 class, so I still don't see the 2018 sticking point. 2018 was Zion, IMO Duke was already far ahead in the drivers seat by the time Zion committed.

Murray, Monk, Bam, & Fox were all great recruits, no doubt. That "super class" would be considered 2016, since that's when they graduated HS. However, Duke did not recruit those guys so I don't see your point. The original point was when Duke/UK went head to head for recruits, that started changing in 2013/2014.
Prior to that time, Cal had the edge. Duke wanted John Wall, wasn't ever gonna happen.

Last edited:
I thought when rat face retired Dook was going to the gutter? Thought they wouldn’t be able to recruit anymore because guys were going there to play for rat?
The same people say when CCC is gone we will suck and he can never be replaced.

Reactions: bnewt
Brandon Ingram, Jayson Tatum, Harry Giles (who was a massive recruit at the time.) Cal wanted all of them and Duke beat them out. This was 2015, 2016. I have already given 2013, 2014 examples. Furthermore, Bagley was part of the 2017 class, so I still don't see the 2018 sticking point. 2018 was Zion, IMO Duke was already far ahead in the drivers seat by the time Zion committed.

Murray, Monk, Bam, & Fox were all great recruits, no doubt. That "super class" would be considered 2016, since that's when they graduated HS. However, Duke did not recruit those guys so I don't see your point. The original point was when Duke/UK went head to head for recruits, that started changing in 2013/2014.
Prior to that time, Cal had the edge. Duke wanted John Wall, wasn't ever gonna happen.

Whatever you wanna call it, UK fans started seeing the change with Bagley, and then the Zion super class.

You're not wrong.

Since I've been following (probation era):

Randle
Noel
Poythress
Booker
Green
Knox
Wall
Gabriel
Boston
Diallo

That's 10 recruiting victories.

They've beaten us for:

Laettner
Parks
Hill
Ewing
Dunleavy
Avery
Brand
Battier
Burgess
Boozer
Duhon
Rivers
Parker
Irving
Jones
Okafor
Winslow
Kennard
Giles
Tatum
Carey
Johnson
Bolden
Griffin
Hurt
Filipowski
Barrett
Williamson
Reddish
Ingram
Banchero
Bagley

That's 32 victories that I can think of. They beat us about 3/4ths of the time in the head-to-heads. Zion's really the only one of that bunch that I think was more of a Calipari-type guy.

You’re not belittling Tyler Herro? Who are you belittling then? Just because he may not read it doesn’t mean what you think it does. So basically you don’t like that he talks like a black person. Got it. That doesn’t make him dumb btw. You should change your name to PrisonMike, at least then you could claim a character.
No…..he doesn’t talk like a black person. At least not the black people that I know.

He talks like an idiot. Regardless of color.

I’m going to assume you’re an actual adult. If you’re going to sit here and defend the way Tyler Herro talks and acts, then you’re a pretty pathetic individual. You’re defending him for no other reason than he lived in Lexington and wore UK colors for 6 months.

Tyler Herro has acted like a fool over and over. You’re a fool too for backing him.

He went out injured and the Heat went from .500 to the damn Finals. That’s no coincidence. Riley and Spo can’t wait to trade him.

Weird that you’re this dug in to defend Tyler Herro. Grow up.

Maybe you’re his Mom. I don’t know…..

When you hear "heavy duke lean" as early as we did with it this kid, it means Nike is involved. That means he's duke bound, if he plays college.

Also I think cal is wasting time with the boozer twins. I just can't imagine they're going anywhere but duke.

Reactions: Mike-D
Tyler Herro has acted like a fool over and over. You’re a fool too for backing him.

I mean, are you breaking new info? Because this is the 1st I've heard of any of this. Usually guys that are fools, and do it over and over, get blasted within the NBA. Are you doing a 30 for 30 on Herro?

I’m not belittling Tyler Herro. He’s not here, and there’s no chance he’s reading this. So, don’t accuse me to belittling him.

I’m belittling you, because you choose to defend idiotic and weird behavior.

And stop with the “speaks differently” crap. You sound like a snowflake. Hope you’re in your safe-space tonight.

Nice try, I’m a straight, white,
Christian and a far right conservative. I just have sense and don’t hate people that’s different than me. Weird isn’t it?

You're not wrong.

Randle
Noel
Poythress
Booker
Green
Knox
Wall
Gabriel
Boston
Diallo

They've beaten us for:

Laettner
Parks
Hill
Ewing
Dunleavy
Avery
Brand
Battier
Burgess
Boozer
Duhon
Rivers
Parker
Irving
Jones
Okafor
Winslow
Kennard
Giles
Tatum
Carey
Johnson
Bolden
Griffin
Hurt
Filipowski
Barrett
Williamson
Reddish
Ingram
Banchero
Bagley

That's 32 victories that I can think of. They beat us about 3/4ths of the time in the head-to-heads. Zion's really the only one of that bunch that I think was more of a Calipari-type guy.
Wow,didn't know it was that one sided

No…..he doesn’t talk like a black person. At least not the black people that I know.

He talks like an idiot. Regardless of color.

I’m going to assume you’re an actual adult. If you’re going to sit here and defend the way Tyler Herro talks and acts, then you’re a pretty pathetic individual. You’re defending him for no other reason than he lived in Lexington and wore UK colors for 6 months.

He went out injured and the Heat went from .500 to the damn Finals. That’s no coincidence. Riley and Spo can’t wait to trade him.

Weird that you’re this dug in to defend Tyler Herro. Grow up.

Maybe you’re his Mom. I don’t know…..
No, you’re just an idiot for calling him dumb for saying Fam. I’m assuming you’re an actual adult because you’re acting like you’re 5 years old.

It’s pretty weird how much of a hard on you have for Herro in this thread. Did he steal your mom?

You are the only one here who thinks this way, so look in the mirror fool.

Last edited:
You're not wrong.

Randle
Noel
Poythress
Booker
Green
Knox
Wall
Gabriel
Boston
Diallo

They've beaten us for:

Laettner
Parks
Hill
Ewing
Dunleavy
Avery
Brand
Battier
Burgess
Boozer
Duhon
Rivers
Parker
Irving
Jones
Okafor
Winslow
Kennard
Giles
Tatum
Carey
Johnson
Bolden
Griffin
Hurt
Filipowski
Barrett
Williamson
Reddish
Ingram
Banchero
Bagley

Thank you for your research and the great summation. Just curious, on the ten (10) that you list coming to UK, do you know if their final selection was specifically down to just UK and Duke, or where there others in the top running ?? My sense is that when it is simply only between the two schools, rarely does a player choose UK. Thanks, again, for the excellent reply. GO CATS !!

Duke-UK trivia ... Jeff Mullins played for Lafayette High School and Vince Taylor played for Tates Creek High School, both in Lexington. In fact, if I recall correctly, Taylor's father was a professor at UK. They both chose Duke and had good careers there. Also, did Pitino ever beat out Coach K in a head-to-head battle for a particular recruit ?? I don't seem to recall one ... but could be wrong, of course.

Last edited:
No, you’re just an idiot for calling him dumb for saying Fam. I’m assuming you’re an actual adult because you’re acting like you’re 5 years old.

It’s pretty weird how much of a hard on you have for Herro in this thread. Did he steal your mom?

You are the only one here who thinks this way, so look in the mirror fool.
Yeah….you got me. He “stole my Mom”. Whatever that means. Good one.

Continue to idolize and defend Tyler Herro. He laughs at you, and thinks you’re pathetic (he’s right).

I hope you were able to get his autograph when he was 18 years old and living in Lex for a few months. I bet you called him “Fam”.

Evans sure seems like a dead eye shooter with range
He looks lie a really good player but you know how that goes sometimes when these guys get to college and play against bigger and older competition. I hope he's as good as billed.

Nice try, I’m a straight, white,
Christian and a far right conservative. I just have sense and don’t hate people that’s different than me. Weird isn’t it?
I don’t believe you. You’re too righteous to truly be what you claim.

Also- I didn’t start this convo. You asked another poster why Herro is an idiot. I chimed in with a clear reason (and have more). However, it doesn’t matter……you’re dug in to defend Herro and won’t come off it.

And yes- you’re very weird. Herro talks, dresses, and acts like a moron. You defend it….weird.

Also- I didn’t start this convo. You asked another poster why Herro is an idiot. I chimed in with a clear reason (and have more). However, it doesn’t matter……you’re dug in to defend Herro and won’t come off it.

And yes- you’re very weird. Herro talks, dresses, and acts like a moron. You defend it….weird.
Just admit it...you want your athletes to "shut up and dribble." You want them to have no personality and to act like robots. You probably hate what baseball has become with guys pimping home runs. Let me guess, end zone celebrations in the NFL are a terrible thing too?

Herro is cool, Herro appeals to 18 year old kids (white and black.) So what if he is white and talks "black." Is that a problem? Is every athlete just supposed to act exactly how their stereotype should act?

No liberal would ever admit to what I just did! Lol

Your only reason was that you don’t like the way he talks. Now you don’t like the way he dresses or the way he acts. Sounds to me like you are actually jealous.

I’m wanting to know more reasons???

You act, dress and talk like a moron as well. The way you type is stupid, the way you word your words is stupid. Your username is stupid. The name Mike is stupid.

Just admit it...you want your athletes to "shut up and dribble." You want them to have no personality and to act like robots. You probably hate what baseball has become with guys pimping home runs. Let me guess, end zone celebrations in the NFL are a terrible thing too?

Herro is cool, Herro appeals to 18 year old kids (white and black.) So what if he is white and talks "black." Is that a problem? Is every athlete just supposed to act exactly how their stereotype should act?

He’s trying to tell us that he’s racist without saying it. That’s all.

Yeah….you got me. He “stole my Mom”. Whatever that means. Good one.

Continue to idolize and defend Tyler Herro. He laughs at you, and thinks you’re pathetic (he’s right).

I hope you were able to get his autograph when he was 18 years old and living in Lex for a few months. I bet you called him “Fam”.
I can guarantee if he read this you would be only one pathetic person in the conversation. It’s kinda funny how bad you hate on a random dude you don’t even know.

I’d love to hear you continue to make a fool of yourself though. Keep listing those reasons. Let’s hear them.

Reactions: shaudyshaud

You keep bringing color into it.

Please stop doing that. I haven’t mentioned color. Don’t make it a race argument.

No liberal would ever admit to what I just did! Lol

Your only reason was that you don’t like the way he talks. Now you don’t like the way he dresses or the way he acts. Sounds to me like you are actually jealous.

I’m wanting to know more reasons???

You act, dress and talk like a moron as well. The way you type is stupid, the way you word your words is stupid. Your username is stupid. The name Mike is stupid.
You asked the question days ago. I answered it. Sorry the truth hurts.

You don’t like my answer, so you make it about race. That’s what you default too. Weak. Soft. Pathetic.

He is most likely going to reclass to 2024 so he is eligible for the 2025 draft and can go #1. If he is in the same draft as Cameron Boozer (2026) than there is a chance that Flagg doesn't go #1.

The dream for Duke is to get Flagg and Boozer on the same team, however that's unlikely. I think Flagg plays in 24-25 and Boozer in 25-26, good chance they both become the #1 picks in the draft. Not bad for Scheyer.
Boozer could get jumped by some guys who have huge upside outside of Dybantsa who will reclass to '25 soon as well and I'd take over Boozer now or in the future. Quaintance is one to watch. He's doing insane things and being only 15 yrs old is scary. Caleb Wilson is another-with his size/athleticism combo at 6'10 and doing what he can do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT