ADVERTISEMENT

Cooler heads need to prevail.

Mar 24, 2024
I think we all need to step back for a minute and think very hard about what we do next. Losing sucks and the last few seasons have not been the best but rushing this will not solve anything. We could make things worse. So lets sit back and let things cool off before making any decision regarding our basketball coach and program's future.

I think we all need to step back for a minute and think very hard about what we do next. Losing sucks and the last few seasons have not been the best but rushing this will not solve anything. We could make things worse. So lets sit back and let things cool off before making any decision regarding our basketball coach and program's future.
You should step back into the basketball forum 🍺

Seems like we’ve been on a downward spiral for several years. Cal has puffed out his chest and mocked the fans after every win, then disappeared into his hole at each loss.

A week or a month isn’t going to make any difference, other than maybe missing out on getting set for next season.

Time to cut bait.

Seems like we’ve been on a downward spiral for several years. Cal has puffed out his chest and mocked the fans after every win, then disappeared into his hole at each loss.

A week or a month isn’t going to make any difference, other than maybe missing out on getting set for next season.

Time to cut bait.

You kind of summed it up... It used to be a saying.... I'd rather be an arse hole than a whole arse. Cal has covered that, he is a whole arse.

No thanks

Many fans drew their line to start the season. Everyone has had plenty of time. Barney is shell shocked because he doesn’t understand uk bb. There’s no more to think about

Excuse Me What GIF by CBS

Get stuffed

Seems like only trolls share your opinion OP. UK doesn't settle for mediocrity like some of these other programs. You either win or we'll find someone who wins.

This loser mentality is exactly the same thing, if allowed to proliferate, will turn us into Temple or Indiana.

Man up, we are Kentucky, we don’t accept a decade no final fours, no sec championships, and consistent awful losses year after year.

Rushing? It's been many years of losing. Realizing it's time to part ways with Cal is not some knee jerk reaction.

Agree totally.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdnerd
When I was a little boy I watched my dad literally cry after a good 10 seconds of f bombs. My uncle too, cussing, spilling dip spit everywhere after Laetner hit the shot.
If you don’t understand the passion for winning I get it. But please pumpers quit telling us to calm down when you don’t know jack shit about the passion for Kentucky basketball.

So you won’t be here if it’s announced Cal returns?

Would it hurt you if I was here? If I left would it hurt you? Let me know... I aim to please.

Also, what days of the week do you post?

I want to ensure you have a pleasurable posting experience... Thanks in advance for your quick response...

Edit: Oh, at the rate of 84 posts a year I am hoping I can stick around on your "off-days"... (IF, you'd share your schedule...)

Last edited:
Wish I had your patience.

Uk basketball has been dying a slow death for 4 years...Sliding further into mediocrity.

Pretty soon we are going to be getting beat on our home court by opponents we should beat by double digits and losing tournament games in the first round. Our fans will begin to not actually care because it's becoming an annual thing..

Oh wait..

Reactions: Girthang
Agree in one sentiment of the OP's point. The biggest fear I have isn't about Calipari-we all agree on this. It's on Barnhart F***ing this up even further. The replacement has to be a successful improvement or you risk being Auburn football. Auburn still is paying Malzahn, Harsin, and Freeze. That can't happen for Kentucky. I also think under Barnhart it's far more possible they are in same situation but he'd also not have balls to fire the replacement if that guy sucks.

Cooler heads needing to prevail for one reason. The idiot that is Barnhart waited for "March" to make any judgment. He is so awful at his job he put his hope on "hope". That's not a plan nor is it going to work 99.9% of the time. But that's the Barnhart way.

The University should be planning on how soon they can replace Barnhart in addition to Calipari. This is all on Mitch's head if you ask me and the worst thing is to let him make the hire. If Calipari is fired, I'd rely on everyone BUT him to make the hire. Having the University President flip a coin would be a far better selection than what this tool would give the fans.

What needs to happen is cal start coaching to win again rather than pursuing his player only agenda.

There is a very direct example of how he changed. Think back to shai. Shai started off the bench and soon as cal saw he was special, he immediately put him as starter and turned the keys to him. Quade sulked and left but that didn't change anything.

That's what cal did when he was actually coaching to win. That's exactly what should've been done with Rob and Reed this season. By December they should've been starting and rob given the keys. Instead, he pushed DJ and Edwards profile ahead of winning.

Just go back to putting winning first. That's literally all anyone wants. Cal is still the best coach for UK if he'd just stop the damned agenda and stubbornness

Yes, Cal needs to go...like yesterday!! He is going to have to be fired because he won't go on his own. First, he's not going to give up all that $$$. Second, he doesn't care what people say about him because his huge ego keeps telling him that he's the greatest and is always right. And last, it will be hard for him to get another coaching job, at least a big one. He is now seen nationally for what he really is...a bad coach. Everyone sees it but him. No school is going to pay him what we do. The only job would have to be a lesser known school with a lot less $$$. I don't think his ego could take a demotion. So I think he will have to be fired in order to get him out of here (and I don't mean just the school, but out of the state!!😡). It's going to take the right people getting mad enough to make it happen.

What needs to happen is cal start coaching to win again rather than pursuing his player only agenda.

There is a very direct example of how he changed. Think back to shai. Shai started off the bench and soon as cal saw he was special, he immediately put him as starter and turned the keys to him. Quade sulked and left but that didn't change anything.

That's what cal did when he was actually coaching to win. That's exactly what should've been done with Rob and Reed this season. By December they should've been starting and rob given the keys. Instead, he pushed DJ and Edwards profile ahead of winning.

Just go back to putting winning first. That's literally all anyone wants. Cal is still the best coach for UK if he'd just stop the damned agenda and stubbornness
And birds should stop flying and pigs should stop rolling in the mud.

So, given none of what you want has a chance of actually happening, what’s your second choice?

It’s not a matter of cooling down. It’s not even an emotional decision. Cal has been trending down since the loss to Wisconsin 2015. Took a nosedive during Covid and never recovered.
This year was his last chance. He had the most talented team in the country. He could not win the SEC, lost first game of sECT, and followed it up with a first round loss in the big dance.
He is out of chances. Head completely cool. It’s time to move on.

Since you know better than everyone else, tell us how long people are supposed to step back and let cooler heads prevail before a change is warranted. How much further do you want to see this program sink under CCC before a change is made? They haven't won more than 1 NCAA Tournament game in 5 seasons. That is just one issue Cal has been lacking in recent years. Kentucky Basketball under Calipari is in the shitter, and it isn't going to come out smelling like a rose the longer he gets to stay at the helm.

Last edited:

Time to cut

Would it hurt you if I was here? If I left would it hurt you? Let me know... I aim to please.

Also, what days of the week do you post?

I want to ensure you have a pleasurable posting experience... Thanks in advance for your quick response...

Edit: Oh, at the rate of 84 posts a year I am hoping I can stick around on your "off-days"... (IF, you'd share your schedule...)
Just wondered if you’re the type that says if Cal is retained I won’t follow the team any longer. I love those types. Is that you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT