ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado's Tim Brewster says we are COMING

I think Prime has something going in Colorado.

He's put together a pretty impressive staff. He's assembled some solid talent via the portal and will surprise some folks with some good signing day commits, I think.

I've watched some of the videos his media crew put up. People love that guy and are drawn to him. Little charisma and energy go a long way.

In the era of recruiting basically being the end all be all, just gaining an audience with a kid, coach, parent of a kid is 90% the battle. Access being where the gap/uneven playing field is.

Most coaches won't get the time of day with the upper tier kids. Prime can and will. He's going to snag kids from milk toast coaches and recruiters all up and down the west coast, across texas, and deep into the southern territories.

He's put together a pretty impressive staff. He's assembled some solid talent via the portal and will surprise some folks with some good signing day commits, I think.

I've watched some of the videos his media crew put up. People love that guy and are drawn to him. Little charisma and energy go a long way.

In the era of recruiting basically being the end all be all, just gaining an audience with a kid, coach, parent of a kid is 90% the battle. Access being where the gap/uneven playing field is.

Most coaches won't get the time of day with the upper tier kids. Prime can and will. He's going to snag kids from milk toast coaches and recruiters all up and down the west coast, across texas, and deep into the southern territories.
I think his ultimate goal is to get a NFL HC job, probably after his kid finishes. I'll be greatly surprised if he's coaching at the college level in 3-4 years.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Local radio in Denver is all in love with Prime (who is definitely in love with himself). No one expects him to stay at CU for more than 3-4 years. They were beyond pathetic this year so, with transfers and recruits, it isn't a stretch to think they could go to a bowl game this year. Idiots on local radio predicted they'd be in the playoff by Year 3. From one of the worst teams in the country to one of the 12 best in 3 years? Uh, no.

They have definitely improved the roster (how could they not?) but it's not like they're getting guys who start at Georgia, Texas and Alabama to go play for Prime. Can he recruit? We'll see. It's still CU, not a football factory. And, he hasn't proven to me that he can coach at the P5 level yet. Maybe he can, maybe he can't. What works at Jackson St. might not work so well at the higher level. Luckily, he's starting in the Pac12 where the competition isn't like the B10 or SEC. But, USC, Utah, Oregon, Washington, etc. aren't going to be intimidated by 'Prime' and his bloated ego. When he goes 6-6 for the second consecutive year, the CFB world may realize that maybe he's mostly flash and blather and not the next coming of Saban or Dabo or Riley or whomever.

Don't like his schtick and will be glad to be rid of him when he leaves in a few years.

This is Brewster head coaching record at Minnesota....pretty terrible.

1. Calling yourself Coach Prime vs. Coach Sanders
2. Shouting orders at dudes to stand up, sit down, stand up, etc....that stuff works now but is it going to work when game is tough, scorching hot summer workouts, etc... sounds more like a drill Seargent vs. coach
3. Threatening kids to transfer as you got the guys you really want ,etc....
4. Bring in a "side chick" Brittany Renner to talk to your team.....

Maybe Sanders is going to be great at Colorado but....it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Personally, I'd have some questions about my son near Colorado.

Year
TeamOverallConferenceStandingBowl/playoffs
Minnesota Golden Gophers (Big Ten Conference) (2007–2010)
2007Minnesota1–110–811th
2008Minnesota7–63–5T–6thL Insight
2009Minnesota6–73–58thL Insight
2010Minnesota1–60–3
Minnesota:15–306–21
Total:15–30

I think his ultimate goal is to get a NFL HC job, probably after his kid finishes. I'll be greatly surprised if he's coaching at the college level in 3-4 years.

I think his goal is to have a stake in a new NFL franchise like Walter Payton tried to do for decades and was shut out by the NFL offices.

2. Shouting orders at dudes to stand up, sit down, stand up, etc....that stuff works now but is it going to work when game is tough, scorching hot summer workouts, etc... sounds more like a drill Seargent vs. coach

Maybe Sanders is going to be great at Colorado but....it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Personally, I'd have some questions about my son near Colorado.

Year
2007Minnesota1–110–811th
2010Minnesota1–60–3

Some people respond to that. Some don't. I've seen people join fraternal associations that are run that way. It's really a different world and some folks are brought up differently.

Can’t wait for Sanders to fail
Might be waiting a long time

Just flipped 5* corner Cormani McClain from Miami. Paired with last years #1 overall recruit Travis Hunter Colorado will have the 2 most talented pair of starting corners in the country.

I think this is gonna be fun to watch. Love that Smoke is there to give that team a local interest.

I enjoy watching the videos from his sons' media coverage youtube channels (Well Off Media, Reach The People Media, and Thee Pregame Show). They do a nice job with all that. I have a sort of curious anticipation with their upcoming season and I wouldn't be surprised if they make a bowl game in year 1 of the Prime era.

Year
2007Minnesota1–110–811th
2010Minnesota1–60–3

Prime is basically his name. I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in that. It's what everyone has called him his entire adult life.

Stand up sit down. That's fairly common coach shit. It's basic conditioning, not physical but mental/psychological reps practicing doing what he says. Establishing in their heads and muscle memory, "hey when this guy says something he means business and I need to do it." There is also a certain element of how to stand and sit as well. Proper posture is a thing.

John Wooden started out by teaching kids how to tie shoes...small things...

Threatening to transfer...coaches all across the country tell kids at the end of every season they may want to explore options. It's called brutal honesty...he needed to clear scholarship space.

Ever seen Brittany Renner? Woman is stunning...she actually has some life lessons i think young men need to hear and learn from. Essentially watch out for girls like she was in her younger days and how to treat women in general. All men could use inside info and life lessons from that girl.

Bring in a "side chick" Brittany Renner to talk to your team.....

Imo this was incredible and all coaches should do something similar. These guys are absolutely targets and it was pretty shocking to hear how matter of factly she laid it out. Everyone knows how easy it is for men to be fooled chasing the wrong thing for the wrong reason. I bet PJ wished he had that talk.

That's the main reason I'm a big fan of things he does. He is very old school in that he's teaching kids to be men. Imo stoops does it too just in a different way.

Not hard to recruit amd buold momentum when any time Sanders farts everyone covers it.

More free pub that any program going at the moment
This. Prime is just a media darling. He'd better win some games that matter, and soon. He's gonna get his chance to coach in something more than a glorified Florida 6A high school game soon. Will he, his staff, and their players be ready, or will they be too busy doing media and playing with their NIL loot to be a serious CFB team? His failure (Colorado's) might end up making A&M's 2022 collapse look modest if he keeps collecting easily flattered or purchased talent at this rate.

They might not be coming. They might just be breathing hard. 😀
There is no question that CO's roster has improved significantly since Coach Sanders was hired. At a lower level of competition, Coach Sanders was a competent strategist. Can he develop his team? I for one always enjoyed watching Sanders play football and baseball. He is a competitive guy. This is going to be an interesting story to follow, although it is happening in a dying conference.

Time will tell. It's big boy fb now.

Imo this was incredible and all coaches should do something similar. These guys are absolutely targets and it was pretty shocking to hear how matter of factly she laid it out. Everyone knows how easy it is for men to be fooled chasing the wrong thing for the wrong reason. I bet PJ wished he had that talk.

That's the main reason I'm a big fan of things he does. He is very old school in that he's teaching kids to be men. Imo stoops does it too just in a different way.
Did you watch rhe interview. At not time did Sanders say watch out for gold diggers like this

Did you watch rhe interview. At not time did Sanders say watch out for gold diggers like this

I watched the video of where he set the stage with his team for why she was there and his convos after to people explaining why it was done.

It's a very real thing these star athletes have to deal with. She is the most open example.

I watched the video of where he set the stage with his team for why she was there and his convos after to people explaining why it was done.

It's a very real thing these star athletes have to deal with. She is the most open example.
Maybe there was a video after she left....but while she was there....she was doing all the goofy stuff she is about and all parties were shaking their head in agreements, etc. About selling yourself, "i've got more blue checks than Nike", etc....I can hardly understand what she is really trying to say.

But maybe those life lessons are valuable. I would think not having kids out of wedlock is a pretty common sense narrative and peole that want to hang for what you can do for them and don't care about you....is not a new idea that Sanders didn't enlightend people toward.

But let's see how it unfolds when games are played is what I say.

Maybe there was a video after she left....but while she was there....she was doing all the goofy stuff she is about and all parties were shaking their head in agreements, etc. About selling yourself, "i've got more blue checks than Nike", etc....I can hardly understand what she is really trying to say.

But maybe those life lessons are valuable. I would think not having kids out of wedlock is a pretty common sense narrative and peole that want to hang for what you can do for them and don't care about you....is not a new idea that Sanders didn't enlightend people toward.

But let's see how it unfolds when games are played is what I say.

Her rise to "fame" is well documented and much came at the expense of pj Washington. There are scores of women out there just like her and have been for a few decades.

No matter one's personal stance, the morality having kids out of wedlock is not really something that factors into the equation. It happens often and is part of life especially for many athletes.

Her rise to "fame" is well documented and much came at the expense of pj Washington. There are scores of women out there just like her and have been for a few decades.

No matter one's personal stance, the morality having kids out of wedlock is not really something that factors into the equation. It happens often and is part of life especially for many athletes.
I know how she did over PJ....my point is in the video of her in front of team iwth Deion there is no "look out of gold diggers"' etc...narrative to the team. More street slang....but no here is a moral of the story teaching moment.

If you're second sentence is true that boys will have sex and kids out of wedlock and that is part of life for athletes....then there isn't really anything this stunt will change for those players. Once you have a child iwth a woman, you're financially locked into her.

Year
2007Minnesota1–110–811th
2010Minnesota1–60–3
Brewster may have failed as a head coach at Minnesota, which is not an easy place to succeed. But his resume is outstanding for a TE coach.

Bah, Brewster is known as a hired gun recruiter, nothing more nothing less. He will convincingly tell hs kids the school currently paying his salary is the greatest gordamn college in the universe.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT