ADVERTISEMENT

College basketball writer ranks UK 2nd

Thumping chest
Beating meat. Seriously, though, I could see this ranking. We have a plethora of good to great shooters, ball handlers and a lot of experience.

My concern is our bigs. I’m not worried at all about Oscar. I think he will perform well from day 1. I’m concerned about a quality backup.

We also really need Brooks to make a big jump. He was terrible last year in all facets. I don’t give a damn if he did average 10 and 7.

Last edited:
Beating meat. Seriously, though, I could see this ranking. We have a plethora of good to great shooters, ball handlers and a lot of experience.

My concern is our bigs. I’m not worried at all about Oscar. I think he will perform well from day 1. I’m concerned about a quality backup.

We also really need Brooks to make a big jump. He was terrible last year in all facets. I don’t give a damn if he did average 10 and 7.
How can you say Brooks was terrible? He made a big jump from year 1. He was also our best rebounder. He was a solid scorer. Just not a good 3 point shooter. However he was inconsistent. But he was 1 of our top 3 best players. And had games where he was our best. If he has the same improvement from year 2 to 3 like he did from 1 to 2, I’ll be very pleased

How can you say Brooks was terrible? He made a big jump from year 1. He was also our best rebounder. He was a solid scorer. Just not a good 3 point shooter. However he was inconsistent. But he was 1 of our top 3 best players. And had games where he was our best. If he has the same improvement from year 2 to 3 like he did from 1 to 2, I’ll be very pleased
There’s many a UK fan that shares my opinion, that Brooks was terrible last season, for the most part. He did rebound very well, I’ll give him that. As far as every other aspect, he was abysmal.

Duren would make the team complete

Gonzaga should be 1. They haven't had a guy like chet in middle especially defensively.
They no longer have Suggs at PG. Their backcourt takes a big hit there.

They have Freshman Nolan Hickman (former UK signee) projected as their starting PG. He is a far cry from Suggs.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
They no longer have Suggs at PG. Their backcourt takes a big hit there.

They have Freshman Nolan Hickman (former UK signee) projected as their starting PG. He is a far cry from Suggs.
They also added 3rd team big 12 all conference pg before getting Hickman

We have some ‘challenged’ fans that think you only need to worry about one thing. You are correct, Brooks had a respectable comeback. Hell of a lot more to basketball than jacking three.

You're the Iona Gaels fan, right? Like 3 of you guys post in here, mostly about Pitino.

I rank him stupid given last year's results. He should take his entire typing hands and stick them up his arse.

Cal should be job shopping in the wnba minor leagues. Yes, Archie Miller sucked but never that bad or with anywhere near as much talent. Little archie also played a harder schedule every year.

this years team has nothing to do with last years team
most of our starters are gone

we should be ranked preseason top 10 but not 2nd

Reactions: kyjeff1
Regardless of where we are ranked preseason, beating Dook the first game would certainly be a a great way to start the season after our 9-win disaster.
My only fear here is that with this being K's swan song I don't think the NCAA will allow us a win. Zebras will win it for them.

This is just false. Brooks was our most efficient scorer last season, averaging 25 points per 100 possessions (for reference, Mintz averaged 21 points per 100). Brooks achieved that while also posting the team’s second highest defensive efficiency and rebounding rate after Isaiah Jackson.

This is just false. Brooks was our most efficient scorer last season, averaging 25 points per 100 possessions (for reference, Mintz averaged 21 points per 100). Brooks achieved that while also posting the team’s second highest defensive efficiency and rebounding rate after Isaiah Jackson.
I guess. He was lost on both sides of the ball all season, outside of maybe a couple games. Second highest defensive rating or whatever, he looked lost.

Most efficient scorer? We must’ve been much worse than I even thought we were. I’m far from the only person that thinks Brooks was underwhelming last season.

I guess. He was lost on both sides of the ball all season, outside of maybe a couple games. Second highest defensive rating or whatever, he looked lost.

Most efficient scorer? We must’ve been much worse than I even thought we were. I’m far from the only person that thinks Brooks was underwhelming last season.
Brooks could barely dribble the ball, terrible shooter and an up and down motor. He came into that first Florida game with his hair on fire and never recaptured that energy. He looked pretty lethargic the rest of the year although I guess losing can do that to you.

Didn’t those same writers have UK as a top 10 team last year? I’ll let our play dictate our rank.
I fully agree Pre-Season Polls are like the Hind Tit of a Boar Hog.

But there absolutely positively is NO COMPARISON between this Team and Last.
- No Covid restrictions on Summer Prep
- Tough Veteran Leadership (returning + transfers)
- Proven True PG with speed
- Center who is physical and doesn't want to shoot 3's
- Outside Shooting galore
- Deep Bench
- Even the Coaching Staff has been upgraded
- Plus added Motive of erasing the Memory of 2020-21

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT