ADVERTISEMENT

College basketball is on the brink of total ruin

i’ll hang up and listen for the list of schools doing it right.
The game will go on with paid players just like we do now - yeah your school has played professional players through this too. No one could know all the levels of money these kids get. Ncaa now has a door to point to for players wanting paid on the up and up. But most wont.

You'll find a long list of schools doing it right.

Kids or their associates getting paid without anyone being able to know is one thing. Schools agents and shoe companies conspiring together to steer kids to schools is quite the other.

Not to mention decades of admittedly fake classes that went unpunished

We get caught up in what is known, and I don't feel comfortable with where an NCAA investigation would expand and envelop more shoe companies and more schools... I would have no problem if it all went away and common-sense rules put into place by the NCAA. Not saying the schools pay them, but get rid of the amateurism issues, let those players that can, sign shoe deals and make money off their likeness.
Yes, college basketball is at a crossroads, but there have been bigger changes before (i.e. we no longer get to see the majority of elite players as upperclassmen).

I was sitting in a hastily called meeting a decade ago, one of the managers of our company had pulled some shady deals and the owner had driven in to read us all the riot act.

He detailed the crooked behavior of the rogue manager, who had made his money and flown the coop now that the jig was up.

“I won’t stand for this,” to paraphrase our company owner. That was the gist of the meeting.

I sat beside another manager, one who had been struggling a bit, who just sort of nodded and took notes.

Over the next several months, this struggling manager became the talk of the company. Sales records. Universal praise. All he had done was borrow the playbook from the crook who had left.

Where the owner said, “Never again,” the manager heard, “This will work.” I’m sure there’s a lesson or two in here somewhere.

P.S. - A couple of years later when sales were down, the company tried to hire back the crooked manager from the beginning of the story. But he was making too much money somewhere else.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
How can KU fans even get excited for their team which should self ban from any postseason tournament?

They'll do what UNC fans did when they heard about the scandal and continue to do to this day.

Also and how in the hell Silvio de Sousa is even eligible at this point in beyond me

Maybe the NCAA is looking the other way on this one and giving KU a break since they wouldn't clear Billy Preston.

If there is proof that Zion’s father (step-father?) was asking for money, then Zion is ineligible.

But who actually thinks the NCAA will even investigate?

[pfftt]

would love to see a post pinned that listed all the things fans proclaimed to be failures or totally ruined.

You also have dick Vitale who was basically trashing sean Miller and Pitino when the story first broke saying that should be forced out and that type stuff...hell hes on.twitter pumping KU up as preseason #1 and hasnt even mentioned the FBI trial findings which were way more than what Pitino got fired for

That’s because he, as well intentioned as he may be, is an idiot.

it’s the ncaa’s fault. done.
NCAA needs to be done away with. They are not consistent in their ruling. Some rules are antiquated and need to be done away with. I don't know the answer but there has to be a ruling body that is consistent and has common sense rules

$$$ If money is the root of all evil then the Matk Emmert mafia is a big old hog rooting for $$$

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT