ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching change also changed this board for the good!

If Cal had occasionally played a zone, gave the majority of his minutes to the best players, required players on scholarship to actually play instead of just train for the NBA, understood how much it cost/meant for fans to travel to support the team for post season games, and didn't talk down to those same fans who love UK basketball more than NBA draft night....he might still be in Lexington.
Arrogant ass yankee just couldn't help himself.

It’s definitely a more fun atmosphere now. You have your occasional troll but for the most part, good conversation is to be had here now.
But after recruiting ends will be a long wait for Nov. Isn't there any kind of summer event we can play in. Or maybe Coach Pope could just put up a video can online so we can watch ?

Reactions: catzcan
If Cal had occasionally played a zone, gave the majority of his minutes to the best players, required players on scholarship to actually play instead of just train for the NBA, understood how much it cost/meant for fans to travel to support the team for post season games, and didn't talk down to those same fans who love UK basketball more than NBA draft night....he might still be in Lexington.
You speaking facts big blue brother

But after recruiting ends will be a long wait for Nov. Isn't there any kind of summer event we can play in. Or maybe Coach Pope could just put up a video can online so we can watch ?

We then will discuss different lineups and future matchups.. lol Maybe get a few “booms” for next year in the fall.

You do know Cal.came from coal country in Appalachian western Pennsylvania, correct?

He may have coached at UMass and NY, but not what i would call a yankee, per se.

An arrogant jackass? Yep.

It says I joined in 2014, don’t know what happened because I know I was here in 2009.
Anyway, I have enjoyed this place more in the last two weeks than I have since I’ve been here. It is fun again!
Speaking of how long you've been on the board, OBC ... I was wondering about my own tenure on the board the other day, and ...
I can't even remember what the board was initially called. It arose out the old tabloid newspaper Cats Pause subscribers, but that's about all I know -- EXCEPT ... I vividly remember watching No. 15 U.K. lose to Middle Tennessee in the first round of the 1982 NCAA Tournament. And I equally vividly remember posting on the chat-board (whatever it was called at the time) soon after that game: "Well, I guess we just don't have the material to beat Middle Tennessee."
We had lost in the second round in 1981 to UAB, and I was fed up with Joe B. at that moment in '82 ... but I remember posting that comment on the chat-board and not being completely comfortable casting sarcasm toward Joe B.
That was in '82, so I'll claim 1982 as my start-date for membership in the predecessor to Rupp Rafters. Sorry for that ramble down memory lane.
Go 'Cats ! ! !

Cal had us divided.

Mark Pope has united the real BBN fans.

Some of the Cal only fans are going to be upset and bitch about everything, but they will eventually get on board or just go away.
Especially if we ignore them.

I wanted Cal gone and I'm glad he's gone,
but the division was at a fever pitch.
Reminded me of political differences.
I never minded the disagreement's I just didn't like some of the baiting posts ( both camps) .
It is a lot more fun now.

Speaking of how long you've been on the board, OBC ... I was wondering about my own tenure on the board the other day, and ...
I can't even remember what the board was initially called. It arose out the old tabloid newspaper Cats Pause subscribers, but that's about all I know -- EXCEPT ... I vividly remember watching No. 15 U.K. lose to Middle Tennessee in the first round of the 1982 NCAA Tournament. And I equally vividly remember posting on the chat-board (whatever it was called at the time) soon after that game: "Well, I guess we just don't have the material to beat Middle Tennessee."
We had lost in the second round in 1981 to UAB, and I was fed up with Joe B. at that moment in '82 ... but I remember posting that comment on the chat-board and not being completely comfortable casting sarcasm toward Joe B.
That was in '82, so I'll claim 1982 as my start-date for membership in the predecessor to Rupp Rafters. Sorry for that ramble down memory lane.
Go 'Cats ! ! !
I’m confused, chat board in 1982? What is that?

Go 'Cats ! ! !
Love post like this ty

Reactions: susan2361
Who's rooting Cal on at this point. He is now the competition, we are Cat fans and support the Cats coach
Didn't say they were rooting for Cal.
They are complaining about the new coach before he even has a chance to get his feet on the ground and spewing unreasonable expectations for a coach who inherited a program that was burned to the ground by the last carpet bagger on his way out of town.

We have a coach willing to talk to the fans on radio during a time where he probably has seen his coaches more than his wife and family. He is taking 20 minutes to say a few things and keep us engaged in what he is trying to do here.

We still have people just not willing to give the guy a shot and are 2nd guessing him like they are in the room and know what he is doing. Just laughable.

Fine be miserable, keep coming in and in every single positive thread write some more hate dribble crap.

This is the best the fan forums have been since Rick left. Yeah most liked Cals first 6 or 8 years. I did not like the guy what so ever and said he would ruin our fandom from day one.

Give me Pope 30 hours a day / 21 days a week and 789 days a year. I typically sleep about 4 hours a night 7 days a week and have most of my life. I at least now can come on here and mostly enjoy threads only having to skip or respond to a few posts. GO BIG BLUE and GO POPE TOO!!!

They are complaining about the new coach before he even has a chance to get his feet on the ground and spewing unreasonable expectations for a coach who inherited a program that was burned to the ground by the last carpet bagger on his way out of town

They are complaining about the new coach before he even has a chance to get his feet on the ground and spewing unreasonable expectations for a coach who inherited a program that was burned to the ground by the last carpet bagger on his way out of town.
Here Here!

Reactions: cathouse
Cal had us divided.

Mark Pope has united the real BBN fans.

Some of the Cal only fans are going to be upset and bitch about everything, but they will eventually get on board or just go away.
Especially if we ignore them.
You're exactly right!!! Cal divided us and Coach Pope is uniting us. There will always be those few who will moan, groan and complain, but I can tell a big difference already!! There's an excitement on here that hasn't been for a long time. It's exciting. I have been on here more since the new coach was announced, which is pretty much ALL THE TIME NOW!!! I have said before that I enjoy reading the posts because I am always learning things and I have a lot of respect for many of you all who post. I really appreciate the discussion about players we want and who we get...and their good qualities that we want in a player. It's fun and educational both, to follow all the information you guys put out along with your opinions on the different players. It's just plain fascinating!!!!! And I am getting so pumped up about the season!! I haven't felt this way in YEARS!!!!💙💙💙

GO BIG BLUE, AND
COACH POPE, TOO!!!💙💙💙

Go 'Cats ! ! !

What's version of the Internet and chat boards were around in 1982?

Or am I missing sarcasm? Very possible- get that lovely trait from my mother.

The first I remember interacting on some version of this board dates back to 1995....AOL dial up. IIRC Darrell Bird and maybe Jeff Drummond and one of their wives ran the board. I quit the board for about 20 years maybe around Darius Rice recruitment...I was in college and having far too much fun for a board and frankly forgot about it for a long time.

• Haha
Reactions: AirRaid08
Confidence wins games and IMHO if Coach Pope can pull togethet the right players that he wants, the assistant coaches can find the players that they want, the team will be more than good. His confidence is as hard as the iceberg that sunk the Titanic.

Just wait til we're 2-3, all hell will break out
Not for me it won’t. While I still love the cats and am so excited with Pope being here, it has become just entertainment for me. So much in life more important now. My brother has been fighting cancer for over a year, one of my son’s best friend just died suddenly at 33 and my wife had a major heart attack the week after Thanksgiving. Money has ruined the college game and it makes it easier for me to divest myself from it and not take too seriously.

Not for me it won’t. While I still love the cats and am so excited with Pope being here, it has become just entertainment for me. So much in life more important now. My brother has been fighting cancer for over a year, one of my son’s best friend just died suddenly at 33 and my wife had a major heart attack the week after Thanksgiving. Money has ruined the college game and it makes it easier for me to divest myself from it and not take too seriously.
Prayers for your brother and wife I went thru a heart attack in 2020 and understand where your coming from my big blue friend

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT