ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches will not be knocking down our door to get here.

Jan 21, 2013
I think a lot of you are naive in thinking coaches want to be here. BBN is the most toxic fan base in the country. If anything goes wrong you are bashed until the end of eternity or until everything turns up roses again. UK fans have no compassion for anything. It's just win or else. This will be the demise of UK basketball one day.

I think a lot of you are naive in thinking coaches want to be here. BBN is the most toxic fan base in the country. If anything goes wrong you are bashed until the end of eternity or until everything turns up roses again. UK fans have no compassion for anything. It's just win or else. This will be the demise of UK basketball one day.
ok susie.... whatever you say

Piss off and and go to Arkansas with Cal.

SMH. You calipari fans are insane

In part I agree but only that "coaches" (your implication is many) will not. But the few who really like a challenge, and are confident in their abilities, will look at it in earnest. Plus, you left out the money involved in your point (or mind) which will drive the interest.

"Toxic fan base" is kind of an oxymoronic take. "FAN"ATIC!

Ever watched a Yankees baseball game? A Packers football game? A Lakers Basketball game? Get on one of their sites during a down year or after a bad game.

One word actually describes the UK fan base better...PASSION!

No way you can say Uk most toxic fan base. It’s the fans that make the program. If IK unravels it won’t be because of this. It will be NIL, portal and the general state of college athletics. I’m not sure there is much of a future for college sports anymore.

Reactions: KFuqua
Oh gosh !!!! we can’t lose Cal!!!!! No one else can coach us like he has lately! No one can lose first round of the SEC tournament or the NCAA tournament! Lose most games in a row at home in school history!

We should all be so sad that he’s leaving! It’s 7am but lord give those Cal Cult guys some white claws and let them listen to the song “ picture” by kid rock or something. They need to take some vacation time at work. Go play some dungeons and dragons with their buddies to get this off their minds.

Money and prestige matter. There are about 500 coaches out there better than Cal

At minimum Kentucky signing Scott Drew. Not my first choice but also wouldn’t be terrible either. I do believe we will get a top-tier coach. If it ends up being Scott Drew wouldn’t be the end of the world.

Just go to Arkansas with your hero you won’t be missed…. UK was UK before John Conipari….

Agreed. I don’t think we can just get whoever we want. I think it’ll be a good, but not great coach

Just like the Yankees right?

The big name coaches that will bring in big time recruits will not want to come here IMO. Sure, an up and coming coach from a small program would love to be here, but that's not what we want.
It only takes one, brother. And good coaches don't worry about failing, their only concern is how far can we go. Will we have 10 big time coaches banging at the door? Nope. But I bet we have one and that's all it takes.

How old are you? It’s been that way because that’s what makes Kentucky basketball.

Reactions: KFuqua

I think folks forget how we ended up with BCG.

Fingers crossed some big time coach will listen. It at least seems that way or we might get used to get raises at current schools.

Reactions: BlueTick2
this is a new development. 5 different coaches have won 5 championships at Kentucky.

This is absolutely the place coaches will run away from...no coach will want a pay increase and heading up a program that leads the nation in attendance, not even sure why Mitch will try

Since I normall post on HOB only & not Rafters, I guess you wouldn't know I've said it was time for Cal to leave as soon as we lost to Oakland. It's time. But I'm not going to be stupid about it.
I’ve read plenty of your posts. I used to have a membership on here

Reactions: Girthang
Cracking Up Lol GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: Girthang
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT