ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone here get turned away?

Mar 25, 2007
Did anyone here get turned away at the door, or know anyone that got turned away? I was one of the last to get in the door. Had to take my daughter to a birthday party and I didn’t park at Rupp until after four. Finally got in the door at 4:38. I had to stop in one of the tunnels, and luckily, my family is tall and we could see over people. It looked to me like everyone got in. I could be wrong. Once I got in, I didn’t have time to look back.

That’s what I keep hearing, but it didn’t look that way to me. With 5000 turned away, it shouldn’t be that hard to find someone that didn’t make it in.
I agree. If we are assuming 25,000 got in, then 5,000 people turned away is 16.67% of all the people who were lined up. You'd think a few of those would be posters here or elsewhere. I got in before you and when I was riding the second set of escalators up, there didn't appear to be that many people left in line outside.

I have a suspicion the 5,000 that got "turned away" for legal purposes were actually all those they let in anyway, who were stuck standing in hallways or sitting on stairs.

I was on the High street side. There were less than 100 people in line behind me. They all got in. I don’t know what was going on on the other side. So, it is possible. My point is, it was impressive enough without exaggerating. And I think there were more than 20,000 there. There were thousands standing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT