ADVERTISEMENT

Classy move by DJ Jeffries

• Thread starter anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y
  • Start date
It is a nice gesture. So happy to have D Allen on the team and looking forward to watching him play and be a successful part of the UK B.B. program in the years to come. He seems to be an individual of high character and integrity.

As Calipari noted, Kentucky is a special place and not everyone fits well there. It is refreshing to have a player of Allen’s ability and talent who wants to play there and who wants to BE there. Congratulations to DA!

Gotta give the kid credit. Reality is, he just congratulated his replacement
In a sense. But I doubt he's particularly familiar with Allen.

Whitney, OTOH, is a guy that Jeffries is almost certainly familiar with, since both were playing in the same events on the Nike circuit. It's doubtful Allen scared off Jeffries, but UK's pursuit of Whitney very possibly did. Along with, I'm sure, a lot of Memphis people being in his ear for the last few months.

That said, people should return the favor to Jeffries. Wish him well, and move on.

il_570xN.1061296893_pfo7.jpg

Jeffries may be regretting his decision a little. His father seems like the one butt hurt. Jeffries knows the difference between UK and UM. I live in Memphis. Its a sht hole. Nobody is trying to get in. Just trying to get out. Besides the forum. The AD and prez have taken focus off the bball and put on football. So that special culture and enviroment Ky has. It aint at UM. And Jeffries may be noticing that.

Jeffries may be regretting his decision a little. His father seems like the one butt hurt. Jeffries knows the difference between UK and UM. I live in Memphis. Its a sht hole. Nobody is trying to get in. Just trying to get out. Besides the forum. The AD and prez have taken focus off the bball and put on football. So that special culture and enviroment Ky has. It aint at UM. And Jeffries may be noticing that.
Memphis is cool for a three day visit, but you’re right, no one wants to move there.

Speaking of moving, my Wife and I will be Lexingtonians officially on Monday. Super pumped about it.
All of those numerous drives after every home football and basketball game to Northern Ky will be something I won’t miss.

Memphis is cool for a three day visit, but you’re right, no one wants to move there.

Speaking of moving, my Wife and I will be Lexingtonians officially on Monday. Super pumped about it.
All of those numerous drives after every home football and basketball game to Northern Ky will be something I won’t miss.
Most of "Memphis" has moved to Southaven and Olive Branch. I go 2 or 3 times a year its the closest large City to where I live and there is a lady in the nursing home whose husband(now deceased) preached in our small rural church for years she loves tomatoes, so I carry her some when I can get that way. I take my grandson along and visit the Pyramid which now houses Pro Bass Shops, its the main attraction at least for me downtown. Memphis has been a grand old Southern City but it has too many problems now and as I said most businesses have fled to Mississippi.

Last edited:

What NKY town are you departing from? I live in Anderson Township on the east side of Cincy.

Damn, you were in NKY? I'm over near Big Bone SP.

Reactions: kev69
I live in Florence/Union as well! I live in the neighborhood over from Hempstead Cheshire Ridge or South Hampton. I am also an assistant coach for the boys team at Ryle. I didn’t know there was so many nky people on here.

Reactions: kev69 and kyjeff1
Wow. Yeah, we’ve lived in Union for 20+ years. Officially will be moving into our house in Andover on Monday.

I’ve already become familiar with Harry’s Patio Bar. It’s just a couple of miles from the house, or a $6 Uber Ride.
Well, we could have been tossing back some good bourbon over at the pub in Florence all this time.

Cool. I’ve played Lassing Pointe countless times.
Lassing pointe is awesome, greens are really slow, but that is a well kept and challenging course.
The 18th green is probably the longest green I've ever seen.

How is the murder rate, I haven't watched first 48 in a minute and it seemed like Memphis was always in the middle of it.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Small world! I’ve lived in NKY all my life (except for school at UK) and moved to Cheshire Ridge in 2014. If I could afford to play Lassing all the time I would! Great course. Now a days it’s Golfnow.com or bust for me.

Most of "Memphis" has moved to Southaven and Olive Branch. I go 2 or 3 times a year its the closest large City to where I live and there is a lady in the nursing home whose husband(now deceased) preached in our small rural church for years she loves tomatoes, so I carry her some when I can get that way. I take my grandson along and visit the Pyramid which now houses Pro Bass Shops, its the main attraction at least for me downtown. Memphis has been a grand old Southern City but it has too many problems now and as I said most businesses have fled to Mississippi.

Bass pro shot is the biz. But Memphis has never been the same since the riots. It used to be an incredible city before I was born. Elvis is still turning in his grave over what's become of the city.

Reactions: jrm693
How is the murder rate, I haven't watched first 48 in a minute and it seemed like Memphis was always in the middle of it.

Memphis is very dangerous. All of it. The river front has improved but I have a system everytime I'm In Memphis with my kids. They know when I scream gun, I mean daddy, and they run behind the glock. Little guys look so cute when we practice.

Agreed I had a 90 yard putt on that sucker.
It's hilarious, I'm sitting at the 100 yard marker, but I'm trying to rip a 9 iron in the hopes that I can make it to the pin that they stuck on the back of the green, 2' from the fringe.

While Memphis is certainly no match with UK in basketball.....kids have a certain pride in where they came from even if it's the cockroach infested streets of Memphis.

Again, I don't know why fans would make a big deal about DJ. His stats are average if that. If you can't do no better than 15 and 7 as the man in highighschool, what was he gonna do here with a team full of Alphas?
This is a recruit we can do without.

Three days?? Life is too short my friend. One day tops!

Reactions: morgousky
I went to Graceland to tour it. Love Elvis. I don't care if I ever go back to Memphis again. Not impressed at all by the city itself.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Downtown Memphis/Beal Street is a blast if you are into BBQ and blues music. I have been there 10 plus times and always had fun. Peabody Hotel, Sun Records, Graceland, etc. are places to see at least once. Just avoid the rough parts of the city at night as you would in Louisville or any big city and you will be fine. That said, I would much rather live in Lexington than Memphis.

My mother lives in Cordova and won't go out after dark. Tough lady, taught Memphis city schools for many years, but people get robbed in broad daylight at the Kroger/Walmart/Target by her house literally every day.

One of my best friends lives in Germantown and works for FedEx. Flaunts UK. Has a Chevy Silverado decked out in UK. License plate, back window, front grill, all UK. Said he’s never had the first problem with Memphis fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT