ADVERTISEMENT

Classic Bob Huggins folks....and I've wondered the same for years:

Huggins deserved to be thrown out. He got his money's worth.
Huggins SHOULD have done more!!

Reactions: Cindog28
This is why I like HuggIns. And it’s a damn disgrace what happened at Kansas yesterday. Once again, Higgins shows what an absolute low life he is and embarrassment to the profession along with those other two clowns. WVU had that game taken away from them by the refs.

While I agree the FT disparity in that game is eye popping alarming I watched the game and didn't feel as if the refs were helping Kansas win down the stretch. Up by 10 points with ball and 9:00 minutes to go WV stopped playing their game and started running the clock down on every single possession and rarely ended up with a good shot. That cost them the game a whole lot more than officiating. The foul call missed or not called on Kansas that got Huggins tossed was indeed a foul but the game was practically over at that point unless your counting on Newman missing free throws. Sorry but when a team stops playing you can't blame the refs.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Higgins work WVU’s Final Four loss vs. Duke in 2010? I remember Huggins crouching over De’Sean Butler after he tore his ACL. Pretty sure he said something along the lines of, “See what happens John?” So yeah, this is an ongoing war.

While I agree the FT disparity in that game is eye popping alarming I watched the game and didn't feel as if the refs were helping Kansas win down the stretch. Up by 10 points with ball and 9:00 minutes to go WV stopped playing their game and started running the clock down on every single possession and rarely ended up with a good shot. That cost them the game a whole lot more than officiating. The foul call missed or not called on Kansas that got Huggins tossed was indeed a foul but the game was practically over at that point unless your counting on Newman missing free throws. Sorry but when a team stops playing you can't blame the refs.
You absolutely can. WVU likely wins by 10+ if it isn't 35-2.

Just bc you overcame it enough to still have a chance to win doesn't excuse the bias officiating that made it a close game to start with

Just bc we had a chance to close it out last year against UNC doesn't change that we played 15 min in the first half with our starting 5 on the bench or that they didn't take 4 points off the board with a bogus goaltending and over the back call.

He is vice president of the club.

2010 final four he calls out Higgins on the court.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Higgins work WVU’s Final Four loss vs. Duke in 2010? I remember Huggins crouching over De’Sean Butler after he tore his ACL. Pretty sure he said something along the lines of, “See what happens John?” So yeah, this is an ongoing war.

Forgot all about that.

cats2010 how dare you make a rational post against the agenda. WVU could have won the game if they hit a few shots during that stall ball and then Carter trying to be a 1 on 1 player. The lack of that one call at the end, however, was ridiculous and over the entire game there were several that could have been called on Kansas. One that was called on WVU the commentator said there was no foul as well. so the calls were one sided but not the reason WVU lost.

Reactions: cgreen423
Yesterday's game reminded me of our trip to Lawrence 2-3 years ago. We had KU on the ropes late but they got a whistle or a score on every trip down the stretch. Coaches are supposed to put your team in a position to win, but in the Phog, officials do.

Yesterday's game reminded me of our trip to Lawrence 2-3 years ago. We had KU on the ropes late but they got a whistle or a score on every trip down the stretch. Coaches are supposed to put your team in a position to win, but in the Phog, officials do.
Sure did. Literally a whistle on every single KU offensive possession in the last 12-15 minutes. Never witnessed anything like that one. It was obvious, just like against UNCheat last year. I was absolutely livid watching that. Who were the refs in that game?

Sure did. Literally a whistle on every single KU offensive possession in the last 12-15 minutes. Never witnessed anything like that one. It was obvious, just like against UNCheat last year. I was absolutely livid watching that. Who were the refs in that game?
Whitehead, Adams, Sirmons I believe.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
That still bothers me.

cats2010 how dare you make a rational post against the agenda. WVU could have won the game if they hit a few shots during that stall ball and then Carter trying to be a 1 on 1 player. The lack of that one call at the end, however, was ridiculous and over the entire game there were several that could have been called on Kansas. One that was called on WVU the commentator said there was no foul as well. so the calls were one sided but not the reason WVU lost.
Sorry, this kind of misguided thinking is crazy. So the only way WVa has a legit complaint about a 35-2 free throw disparity is if they play a perfect, mistake free game? Even 35-10 likely means a W instead of a loss. But because WVa screwed up a time or two down the stretch they can’t make an obvious observation. Nope. It was a game of 5 on 8, and that deserves to be called out.

Sorry, this kind of misguided thinking is crazy. So the only way WVa has a legit complaint about a 35-2 free throw disparity is if they play a perfect, mistake free game? Even 35-10 likely means a W instead of a loss. But because WVa screwed up a time or two down the stretch they can’t make an obvious observation. Nope. It was a game of 5 on 8, and that deserves to be called out.
Agreed. Just like last year, people saying we had a 5 point lead late in the UNCheat game and shouldn't have lost it. Never would have been in that position if not for Higgins. Pisses me off to hear people say this.

Sirmons
Whitehead
Pat Adams

From memory. May be wrong on Pat. Sirmons was horrible.

Whitehead, Adams, Sirmons I believe.
Thanks, fellas. Other fan bases were still calling us delusional after this game. I really don't understand it. Are people blind, haters or just ignorant? Are they just refusing to believe it? How do they not see the shit that's going on?

Lol.

They have. Gave an award.

It's amazing how this guy is continually awarded final four games when so many coaches have a problem with him like smart, huggins, and coach cal. The only two that for sure like him are Self and Roy Williams. He's just a terrible terrible official.

Reactions: bluemoonofky
Guys I've seen the 35-2 quoted too many times to think everyone was kidding- did not watch the game?

Always the same refrain with some people. The refs were not to blame. In that way of thinking, a team must have to be perfect for it not to be their fault. If they do even one thing, some will say well if they had done that it wouldn't matter what the refs did. Such a facile argument. Rational people can see blatant bias. But some would rather be contrarians.

The game was on ESPN,the nation(at least the part that follows college basketball)saw what a travesty took place. Why aren't there more people upset about this,why aren't sports news shows talking about it? Bilas, you love to rail on just about everything(even if your take is completely out in left field) why aren't you raising hell about Higgins and KU. This isn't an isolated incident,some form of this happens every game KU plays. The rest of the teams in the Big 12 should be irate

Last edited:
The game was on ESPN,the nation(at least the part that follows college basketball)saw what a travesty took place. Why aren't there more people upset about this,why aren't sports news shows talking about it? Bilas, you love to rail on just about everything(even if your take is completely out in left field) why aren't you raising hell about Higgins and KU. This isn't an isolated incident,some form of this happens every game KU plays. The rest of the teams in the Big 12 should be irate

Cause casual fans are listening to the commentators. Sometime in the late 90s it became a no no for the tv guys to call out bad officiating. A few will say a few things. some will only if it is blatant. So without the mouth pieces of the sport doing something to help clean up the sport nothing is gonna change. without the media saying a word it's all just looked at like disgruntled fans

37 fouls in a 40 minute game..must have had great flow.. It's becoming almost unbearable to watch.

No reason to waste my time typing a rebuttal to that nonsense.

I've seen your drivel and doubtful you have the ability to articulate a rebuttal. Your LOL to my original post was probably the best you got. Down by 8 with 3:46 to go Kansas went to the free throw exactly zero times as they came back and tied the game. They went to the line a total of 4 times from that point on until the final seconds where Higgins was T'd up. While Kansas was in full attack mode, WV chose to let carter dribble the clock out by the midcourt line until it was time to force up a shot. They did it on ever possession but one the last 9 minutes. That one possession West made a three with about 15 seconds left on the clock. Miles bailed them out with another 3 as the shot clock was about to expire and that was the three that put them up 8.

You can LOL all you want but it doesn't change the fact WV despite whatever officiating took place beforehand they still had a 10 point lead with 9 minutes to go and a 8 point lead with 3:46 to go and if they would have kept playing and doing what they did to get that lead they would have won the game.

Reactions: Cali-Hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT