ADVERTISEMENT

CJ

The same people who are super excited about the incoming freshmen also thought we would be great because we dominated in the Bahamas. Tells you everything you need to know.
Last I saw we had several injuries which affected this team...

The team in the Bahamas was not the team we got to see at the end of the season...Big difference...

Last I saw we had several injuries which affected this team...

The team in the Bahamas was not the team we got to see at the end of the season...Big difference...
What about early in the season? Besides Fredrick's struggles, against Mich. St. Livingston scored 1 point, Reeves went 1-7, then against Gonzaga Livingston went scoreless and Reeves went 4-13, then against UCLA Reeves and Wallace each went 2-13 while Toppin went 2-10.

I don't recall any injuries to any of these guys at that point in the season.

Matt Jones said today the CJ would not be back and was done with basketball.

Agree, he should have stayed in the cornstalks. Anyone recall the reason he gave for leaving the Hawkeyes where he was well established and liked ?
Not wanting to live in the cornstalks seems like a good enough reason.

Also, I believe he grew up as a big UK basketball fan. Wanted to be closer to home, where his Cincinnati friends and family could easily make the trip for games. Wanted a chance to make a deeper run in the NCAAT than they did at Iowa. I also seem to remember him saying the teammates he was close to at Iowa were all graduating and moving on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT