ADVERTISEMENT

CJ

You have one shot at playing at this level. I think cj comes back is ok riding pine and has some break out games. Who wouldn’t come back?
His potential minutes have been promised to the frosh. They aren't getting to the NBA if they aren't on the floor. (and CJ isn't going to the NBA)

Reactions: Blues-Clues9
Respect his heart and commitment to the UK program.. With that said I believe his career has set sail. Good form shooter but he can't compete at this level or make much of an impact in my opinion. The injury bug has not been fair to him. He does bring experience and leadership but that doesn't help his shooting %... 20 other transfer portal players that can produce more than him.

Reactions: RunninRichie
He’s clearly a much better shot than he showed this season. Not like he didn’t do it for two years at a P5 school.
He may have done it, but he did it taking a low number of shots. I don’t have the energy to look it up again, but I think he made less than two threes a game before he arrived here. And now his average for his career is likely under 1 made three per game.

I hope CJ wants to play another year. He put up some good stats this year, 92% FT, 41 Ast, 14 Stls and only 14 TO. Plays decent defense. What if he's fully healthy next season and shoots 45% from 3. It would be nice to have him off the bench for spot minutes.
Take the Cameron Mills role. He could thrive. Less pounding less pressure. Enjoy it this year.

If he comes back I don’t expect him back to play well considering his coach doesn’t draw up plays to set up shooters like him (set shooter). I also don’t expect him to stay healthy enough to complete a season of college ball.
Love CJ, but dude…he was missing wide open shots all over the place.

Why the hell would Cal run plays to get an open look when he is missing open looks?

He ran them for Murray and Herro.

CJ wasn’t Murray or Herro…

He was not tough this year, physically or mentally That was evident.

But now that we aren’t playing, suddenly all of our player deficiencies go away

You have to want the ball and not be scared of getting the ball. Your basketball instincts should not be to take 3 dribbles and then immediately think how can I get rid of the ball as soon as possible. Playing scared is the worst way to play basketball

He wants to wear a Kentucky uniform. Yes
He wants to play in a competitive game, not so much.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Wish fredrick the best, it he isn’t cut out for SEC basketball and the physicality of it. Kentucky needs to find a much better option and improvement on him
We are gonna need players. Like we aren’t gonna be anywhere near the scholarship limit. Might as well let him come back and fill a spot. If he can be solid in a very limited role, great. If not, nothing is lost.

Wish fredrick the best, it he isn’t cut out for SEC basketball and the physicality of it. Kentucky needs to find a much better option and improvement on him
So it was the physicality of the SEC that caused his finger dislocation and his broken ribs? Other conferences don't have cameramen along the baseline?

So it was the physicality of the SEC that caused his finger dislocation and his broken ribs? Other conferences don't have cameramen along the baseline?
Even when he was healthy he wasn’t hitting shot, and couldn’t guard anybody, it’s okay to admit when a player isn’t good enough for a certain level, Frederick isn’t good enough for this level

If he comes back I don’t expect him back to play well considering his coach doesn’t draw up plays to set up shooters like him (set shooter). I also don’t expect him to stay healthy enough to complete a season of college ball.
I don’t know if it’s lack of set plays but just an overall lack of confidence that Cal has in CJ and IMO that gets in his head —- much like Cal did with Derek Willis . You play any head games with shooters you might cause them to not shoot their best .. whether it’s subconscious or conscious, it affects you .
Having said that if CJ is happy here at UK , then stay , if not , go be happy somewhere . But the guy can play when healthy , I hope he stays and has a shockingly good year .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT