ADVERTISEMENT

Cincinnati Bearcats Transfers

BigKari

Senior
Apr 15, 2014
Looks like the entire team basically has entered the transfer portal. 6 transfers. Which leaves them with 4 players and zero commits from the 2021 class. Looks like an absolute dumpster fire and makes you wonder what the hell is going on there.

In other transfer news, KyKy Tandy has announced that he is leaving Xavier and entering the transfer portal.

Looks like the entire team basically has entered the transfer portal. 6 transfers. Which leaves them with 4 players and zero commits from the 2021 class. Looks like an absolute dumpster fire and makes you wonder what the hell is going on there.

You’re right, but it also makes me wonder how feasible this whole no repercussions for transferring thing really is. I mean their program is going to be absolutely gutted by this.

At what point is there accountability on the part of the kids? Those kids made a commitment to that school. Anymore, it just seems like young people aren’t being taught to honor commitments. It seems to be a society-wide thing, not just sports.

Well Brannon does have a immediate playing time for available to replace those six with a new six they must’ve not been very good anyway

• Haha
Reactions: UK till Death
Only way we are getting Powell is SEC to change the in conference sit out a year rule. ACC already did it, now it’s time for the SEC to do the exact same thing.

Last edited:
This transfer portal situation is getting out of hand, imo. Same thing happening at PSU with 6 players entering the portal, all being productive players on the team. Totally depleting the roster and leaving them with nothing.

I do think certain situations are okay for players to leave, just not sure where the line should be drawn.

You’re right, but it also makes me wonder how feasible this whole no repercussions for transferring thing really is. I mean their program is going to be absolutely gutted by this.

At what point is there accountability on the part of the kids? Those kids made a commitment to that school. Anymore, it just seems like young people aren’t being taught to honor commitments. It seems to be a society-wide thing, not just sports.
Now tell us how this applies to coaches.

Reactions: TM2013
Some may not find new homes. Hard to imagine many schools having more than 2 slots for transfers.

In other transfer news, KyKy Tandy has announced that he is leaving Xavier and entering the transfer portal.
Whoa whoa. That only happens here🤷🏽‍♂️

Reactions: TM2013 and chroix

And people change jobs every day. No commitment to their jobs. Farrar them all.

Reactions: chroix
That’s nice and all and I really enjoyed some of those teams. I’ve been to a bunch of UC games being from Nky, and I’ve always pulled for them and followed them...but Cronin never took them past the Sweet 16.
I meant they were hard nosed lol

That’s nice and all and I really enjoyed some of those teams. I’ve been to a bunch of UC games being from Nky, and I’ve always pulled for them and followed them...but Cronin never took them past the Sweet 16.
2 sweet 16s in 13 years was the best he could do. Shows you how desperate UCLA was for any coach.

2 sweet 16s in 13 years was the best he could do. Shows you how desperate UCLA was for any coach.

I remember Mick was something like their seventh choice, of course after bigger names that they struck out on (Cal was one of them if I remember correctly). I think they could have had Rick Barnes, but decided they didn't want to pay enough to buy him out from Tennessee. Not that I necessarily thought of Rick Barnes as this great 'can't miss' hire for them, but it wasn't a good look for a program with as much history as UCLA not being willing to pay what was necessary to pry him away and settle for what they thought was a lesser option in Cronin because it was cheaper.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT