ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Also really liked Swerve and Danielson in the last segment. You just know they are going to put on an amazing match.

Oh, and best pull out your finest VCR and get it hooked up for Rampage tomorrow night as the youngest and most vascular tag team in the world is appearing yet again. Yep, The Outrunners are gracing us again Friday night!

Reactions: Wesley91581
I’ll be honest I started it in the background while doing other stuff and after Sasha and Jericho seemingly unwatchable segments I switched and never clicked back over - wonder how many others did. It just felt like bad momentum the first 30 minutes.

If MJF or swerve started the show I probably would have tuned in longer but I don’t need to see Jericho beat up a bunch of jobbers with his lackey’s help.

Also really liked Swerve and Danielson in the last segment. You just know they are going to put on an amazing match.

Oh, and best pull out your finest VCR and get it hooked up for Rampage tomorrow night as the youngest and most vascular tag team in the world is appearing yet again. Yep, The Outrunners are gracing us again Friday night!
I do agree the Outrunners have single handedly created a little niche for themselves - making lemonade out of lemons of sorts

I also expect MJF/will and swerve/bryan to live up to the hype and deliver outstanding matches

I do agree the Outrunners have single handedly created a little niche for themselves - making lemonade out of lemons of sorts

I also expect MJF/will and swerve/bryan to live up to the hype and deliver outstanding matches
There is no current tag team that delivers a better elbow drop or chop to their teammate than those guys do.

I know you all will be shocked by this but I thought Dynamite was a really good show. Didn't hate DMD and CEO as much as most. Jericho is still "MEH" hopefully this will be over after Sunday.
From 9:30 on it was one of the better shows they've had in a while.

They've now sold over 50,000 tickets for All In.

Last edited:
TifqxdSh6iGMVPAA.jpg

- He's not really a hat guy. There's also one of him wearing a Warner Bros. Discovery hat. Dude loves WBD more than I love Quentin Tarantino movies.

- Mercedes is a Wish version of Sasha Banks. Trust me, she'll be less annoying and more in her lane so to speak when she goes back to WWE. Right now, her dumb ideas are getting green lit. Same thing happened with Cody. Remember him solving racism by having a wrestling match? Triple H ain't putting up with goofy shit like that. And now Cody is a worldwide star.

- AEW might wanna think about staying in Europe for awhile. Outside of the US, they're warm to hot. Within our borders, they're a plate of fish sticks that's been in the microwave for less than 20 seconds.

According to signs posted around Wembley the 2025 Forbidden Door show will be in London.
I think AEW is doing shows in Australia, England and Japan next year, which is cool.

To Nightwish's point I believe the next three weeks of TV have sold less than 2,000 tickets. Wrestletix has the Rupp show at 1,700 right now.

I wish UK T was still in this thread because I am curious about what happened with Brian Last and Dave Scherer of Pwinsider. He really went after him outta nowhere the last couple of days. They both hate pretty much everything about AEW so in theory they should get along great.

Wednesday night’s (8/21) episode of AEW Dynamite averaged 698,000 viewers, down from 703,000 the prior week and up from 622,000 the 609,000 the two weeks before that. Last night’s episode went up against the Democratic National Convention on multiple broadcast and cable networks.

The current ten-week rolling average is 677,000.

The average so far this year is 747,000 compared to 880,000 through 34 weeks last year, a drop of 133,000.

One year ago this week, Dynamite drew 870,000 viewers. The ten-week rolling average a year ago was 873,000.

Two years ago this week, Dynamite drew 1,049,000. Then ten-week rolling average was 962,000.

In the key 18-49 demo, it drew a 0.24 rating, compared to 0.23 and 0.19 the prior two weeks. The ten-week rolling average is 0.22.

One year ago, it drew a a 0.32 rating with a ten-week rolling average of 0.30.

Two years ago, it drew a 0.34 rating with a ten-week rolling average of 0.33.

Reactions: Nightwish84
Former TNA president Scott D'Amore reveals a text he received from Triple H before Jordynne Grace appeared in the #WWE Royal Rumble this year:

"One of the last things I get (before leaving for the Jericho Cruise) is a text from Triple H, which was just like, 'Hey, I know you might be out of touch this weekend, just wanted you to know we finalized this, this and this, everything's good, just how we discussed, have a safe trip, have fun'. And that is just so freakin' cool.

"That's just how wrestling a lot of times hasn't been. A lot of times it'd have been like, 'Oh, he's gone, he's at the sea, we can do whatever we wanna do now and really screw some people over'. But it just wasn't.

"And not that I expected that they would ever do any of that stuff, that they would do anything underhanded, but even just to take the time when you're that busy to say, 'Hey, I know he's gonna be possibly out of touch for a few days, I want him to leave knowing we're all good, all these things that we have said are fine, it's done, you're gonna be really happy with it'. And I was."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT