ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

NXT needs more TNA. Never thought I'd say that.

I'll never grow tired of the post-mortem WCW coverage. Flipping between Raw and Nitro to see Vince on both shows at once was a mindfk. The conversation gets rehashed every decade and I still enjoy it. It doesn't matter if it's Dark Side or Who Killed WCW?, Russo comes off like an absolute dolt in every interview he's done for Vice. Just a complete assclown.

AEW has hit their ceiling imo and we know nothing will change. It's TK's island and he's already said his promotion is for the "sickos." It's for the diehards who aren't into the WWE way. That's perfectly fine but if that's the case, then you're getting weekly randomness, subpar stories, a rotation of Tony's personal favs in that moment, stops and starts, and ultimately, solid wrestling. It's like a new car that has an odor inside that you can't get rid of. No one wants to ride with you but on the outside, you're stylin'. AEW is a nice, very smelly car.

This thread dead like Heyman?

I don't remember Fox being this damn bad with censorship in the past but we got multiple mutes and black screens tonight. Just ruins the overall vibe when the crowd is on fire. Fox wouldn't black screen an NFL game if a fan was shown briefly flipping a player off. I welcome Netflix and USA with opened arms.

Anyway, speaking of fire, The Bloodline has moved past Punk and Drew for the best story in the business once again. Heyman's pop was insane and I can't wait until he brings back Roman. I know some may get annoyed with comparisons, but it's shit like this that fans keep trying to tell AEW fans. AEW might be white hot with stories that take fans on a rollercoaster instead of "I'm better than you" and Mina whoever letting you know she's got boobs.

This thread dead like Heyman?

I don't remember Fox being this damn bad with censorship in the past but we got multiple mutes and black screens tonight. Just ruins the overall vibe when the crowd is on fire. Fox wouldn't black screen an NFL game if a fan was shown briefly flipping a player off. I welcome Netflix and USA with opened arms.

Anyway, speaking of fire, The Bloodline has moved past Punk and Drew for the best story in the business once again. Heyman's pop was insane and I can't wait until he brings back Roman. I know some may get annoyed with comparisons, but it's shit like this that fans keep trying to tell AEW fans. AEW might be white hot with stories that take fans on a rollercoaster instead of "I'm better than you" and Mina whoever letting you know she's got boobs.
Ya tonight was bad I know they try to censor the language but I had so much black screen moments I was wondering if it was a fox network Issue or something else it was that much.

Wonder if when hhh said Netflix will be uncensored it was a backhanded comment about fox and the constant muting.

Ya tonight was bad I know they try to censor the language but I had so much black screen moments I was wondering if it was a fox network Issue or something else it was that much.

Wonder if when hhh said Netflix will be uncensored it was a backhanded comment about fox and the constant muting.
I think so. Tonight was really bad and I've noticed more fans bringing back asshole chants and fk you whoever chants. That will only grow once it's allowed on Monday nights again. Rock coming back brought a new attitude for fans that almost resembles an old attitude.

FWIW, you can tell when it's Fox's call when the screen goes black but the little LIVE is still in the upper right corner. It's faded but it's there.

Reactions: Wesley91581
Hopefully we get a surprise Roman return, and not one where they tell us in advance that he's scheduled to be there. The pop that would happen if he returned without notice to confront Solo would be next level!
Also, I'm guessing they'll cost Jey the MITB or attack him before the match so that he can't compete.
But if it's Roman's Bloodline vs Solo's, who ends up being the 4th for Roman? Do they bring Sami back? Or are we getting more family members like Zilla?

Last edited:
Hopefully we get a surprise Roman return, and not one where they tell us in advance that he's scheduled to be there. The pop that would happen if he returned without notice to confront Solo would be next level!
Also, I'm guessing they'll cost Jey the MITB or attack him before the match so that he can't compete.
But if it's Roman's Bloodline vs Solo's, who ends up being the 4th for Roman? Do they bring Sami back? Or are we getting more family members like Zilla?
I would say the Rock, but he stepped away as a heel and left the Cody storyline open.

Heck of a Smackdown last night.
Maybe a Bloodline vs Bloodline War Games for Survivor Series?

Funny about Fox censoring everything when back in the day they were the network always under fire for racy programming.

Dynamite- 680,000 and a .22

By the way NXT did 611,000 and a .16- down over 100,000 viewers from last week.
Remember when people didn’t want to believe me that the Kendrick Lamar concert did a number on AEW because a dumbass out of touch with modern culture Boomer in Dave Meltzer said it had nothing to do with it?

Morons.

Last edited:
That’s actually not what the Observer said, quote is taken out of context.

“Mike Mansury filed forms for tax credits in Nevada listing the expresses for the TV taping and Double or Nothing PPV show on 5/24 and 5/25. The key number was $2 million in salaries, which would include all talent and other workers.”

“Since talent is paid based on annual contracts, this would indicate the total talent number to be in the range of $104 million per year, which is very high. Someone familiar with the budgeting said that the way pay is done for some includes per match figures and all the highest paid available top guys were working that weekend and the usual weekly pay is below that figure. Still I’d safely put it at below the $104 million, but not a lot below it.”

When you order an MJF shirt off Temu

GRNht5PW8AAA-N4

Reactions: K-mac18 and GeraldV
Mone told TMZ Sports she's got creative control. File this under "duh." I get the benefits but there's millions of reasons we've lived through that tells us if several talents have creative control, that ain't good, brother. Didn't Cody have control too? And AEW fans turned on him as he put himself in dumb situations with silly promos about defeating racism. That Cody is like a dumb kid compared to the Cody we see now a few years later as the top face (until Roman's return) in the top company.

Billionaire family gonna billionaire and we see this in normal sports all the time. TK can fund this thing until he dies as long as he has some sort of deal in place somewhere. Riho has said AEW paid her something like $400K. She shows up every couple months and ratings usually tank during her segments...but it ain't my money and it's not like Tony is missing it. That and giving several creative control is very Bischoff-lead WCW though. It's why people joke that in 20 years we may see a Who Killed AEW? show. Spoiler: it's Tony backstage with a neck brace and a smile.

Heck of a Smackdown last night.
Maybe a Bloodline vs Bloodline War Games for Survivor Series?

Funny about Fox censoring everything when back in the day they were the network always under fire for racy programming.
I was thinking the same thing about fox - kinda like Howard stern back 20 or so years ago they were the “edgy” ones and done a complete 180 since.

Reactions: K-mac18
Anyone else confused why Jacob Fatu didn’t come out to help the others during the first segment, but then came out at the end for the segment with Heyman? That seemed weird to me.

Well as long as they get money for drawing no fans and booking a terrible show, I guess all is well.

I assume you get a cut of that media rights deal, otherwise I’m not sure why a fan of anything would care about that more than what is actually put on the program

"big ass media rights increase" would mean (close to) a billion dollars and they ain't getting that imo. At the end of the day, the company and its fans blamed a bland tv show rerun, a holiday, a concert, a successful movie, Olympics stuff, and warm weather on an awful rating. And 680K isn't much better. A year ago 680K would've gotten a "What's going on over there?" Now it's a reason to celebrate. I'm not a genius but several months ago I wrote it wouldn't be shocking to see Dynamite sink into the 600,000s on a regular basis by year's end and it's already happened.

There's a reason AEW fans gloated about ratings for a couple years online and now many are hoping AEW moves to Max just so they can avoid the subject altogether now. WWE is killing it with storylines and AEW is struggling badly - but they'll still hang around to beat WWE's developmental show occasionally. Also...don't be surprised if Dynamite gets a third hour in a new deal. If that happens, that last hour might average 400K. Wrestling fans *hate* three hour weekly shows and a lot of WWE fans probably won't do three hours Monday night and then again a couple nights later.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT