ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Parks And Recreation GIF by Peacock

Reactions: GeraldV
Running a fake suicide angle with Brooks Jensen and an adaptation of the Janel Grant lawsuit with Dom and Liv Morgan is some wild shit

Meanwhile MVP is making Instagram comments basically accusing HHH of being racist.

Running a fake suicide angle with Brooks Jensen and an adaptation of the Janel Grant lawsuit with Dom and Liv Morgan is some wild shit

Meanwhile MVP is making Instagram comments basically accusing HHH of being racist.

Accusing HHH of being racist for not wanting to revive a mid card stable of guys who can’t talk or draw but look nice in a suit.

Also wasn’t aware that Dom was shitting in Liv’s hair.

That empty card board box had to have hurt ole boy. LOL, dude didn't even latch the lock on the U-Haul door, just closed the door and drove off. When he threw the guys into the back of the truck, they suddenly became paralyzed and couldn't move to try and get up out of the back of the truck. Maybe DDT or pile drive them into the steel floor and only then then MAYBE they would be out long enough to close the door and drive off, all while leaving the door unlatched.

Dragon, lame excuse. I mean we all know die hard wrestling fans and Kendrick Lamar fans are of the same cloth. I would guess that less than 10% of the people who watched the Kendrick Lamar concert, are actual die hard wrestling fans. The concert had ZERO reason for the shitty ratings for AEW. And that's the bottom line because Catsfan said so.

He's still a solid wrestler. Part-timer who knows his role is (up until now at least) is to get heel heat and help get his opponents over. Doesn't go online and on podcasts bitching about his booking when he wrestles less than once a month on average and almost always loses. As the Rock would say "know your role and shut your mouth"

My initial reaction was "why in the **** is he in this tournament" then once I learned he was Owen's last tag partner and after seeing that video, hard to argue with his inclusion in a memorial tournament.

Bigger question is why wasn't he in it last year when there were no real stakes on the line? Could have easily had him win the whole thing last year, and people would have still just chalked it up as a meaningless tournament like they did when Ricky Starks won.
It is "know your role, shut your pie hole."

To be fair my memory is foggy but Samoa Joe had a really good nxt run and I think for a brief moment was in the wwe title picture but he had some injuries and when that happens you likely don’t get another shot in the main event picture and are relegated to other feuds.

To be fair my memory is foggy but Samoa Joe had a really good nxt run and I think for a brief moment was in the wwe title picture but he had some injuries and when that happens you likely don’t get another shot in the main event picture and are relegated to other feuds.

Joe couldn’t stay healthy on the main roster. He got a US title run that was derailed instantly by injury and then had a few world title opportunities but it was pretty obvious he was just a placeholder (kind of like Kane and Big Show in the late 2000s).

Reactions: WildcatFan1982
WWE will release the behinds the scenes WM doc on YouTube next Wed. night at 7. Expect some to be watching that instead of Dynamite the night before the 4th. So that's another excuse if we see another low rating next week.

Raw and SD just did their best numbers since April. Last week's shows were arguably the best of the year and last night's Raw was more than solid. Everything made sense and once again stories progressed. Even though one company has important pieces out and usually suffers from a summer lull, that lull only lasted a few weeks and now they're on fire again. Their developmental show which was torn down during the previous admin, had to slowly rebuild and just lost several pieces to the two main rosters. That show is somehow currently on fire too. The other company received a shockingly low rating and fans blamed a concert, The Big Bang Theory not being on to help the first quarter number, Black Panther which was the lead-in instead, the summer weather, other sports (including Olympic tryouts), and Juneteenth.

There's just no mojo with AEW and there hasn't been since the Punk/Perry tape was shown and TK was driven into the mat. International PLE crowds, Punk/Drew, Liv/Judgment Day, Wyatt's, Fatu, Breakker, Ricochet destroyed, Gable, NXTNA, etc. What's AEW had recently that's been worthy of discussion in the wrestling talk world? The company is a plain snow cone right now.

Reactions: Wesley91581
A whole bunch of things happening on Dynamite. As someone mentioned WWE just "happens" to be dropping the WM video tonight. Also the first round of the NBA Draft is happening.

Reactions: GeraldV
Dijak announced Thursday that he is leaving WWE after the company declined to make him a contract offer.
The former NXT star took to X and posted a photo of a letter that explained what happened between the two sides:

Dijak wrote that WWE never made him an offer and "stonewalled" him when he attempted to negotiate. As a result, he will become a free agent once his current WWE contract ends on Friday.
After first rising to prominence in Ring of Honor, Dijak signed with WWE in 2017 and initially found success in NXT under the name Dominik Dijakovic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT