ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

It is corny, but I absolutely love the Liv/Dom storyline. Every week they make me laugh.

I can't wait for Rhea to come back and cause havoc. They are doing a good job writing this.

Reactions: Col. Angus
So is Drew really quitting and going to AEW?

Thats a work, right? He was pretty choked up about it.

It is corny, but I absolutely love the Liv/Dom storyline. Every week they make me laugh.

I can't wait for Rhea to come back and cause havoc. They are doing a good job writing this.
Liv is so good at this it’s like she’s done this stuff in real life or just an excellent faker (or both).

Reactions: Col. Angus
Didn't get the see the show on Saturday but Cody and AJ both bled? Guess that's a thing again.
Not sure what the problem was with the ropes.

Big shock Punk will be on Smackdown Friday night when they are in Chicago.

Raw for this evening

The fallout of Clash at the Castle.
Dragon Lee vs. Carlito
Xavier Woods vs. Karrion Kross.
The QR Code reveal?

Money In The Bank Qualifying Matches

Zelina Vega vs. Kiana James vs. IYO SKY.
Jey Uso vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Finn Balor.
Cody’s at least was fake blood

AEW needs captivating storytelling across the board. That doesn't mean begin every show with 20 min. promos like Raw, but give the viewer more than chaotic randomness. "Eating good tonight" doesn't translate to more fans when you're being fed empty calories. I made a list several months ago on how AEW could improve and of course nothing has changed but I'll go through some of these again:

1) Take control and be a man. In other words, don't be afraid to say no because you're a mark fan and think you'll hurt a wrestler's feelings. Letting Jericho have four segments on a two hour show is insane, as is allowing a 50 year old to fall from 15+ ft., breaking his leg. Some fans said, "How can TK tell Copeland, an experienced vet and legend, no?" HE'S THE GD BOSS AND OWNER. JUST SAY NO. AEW isn't Copeland's company last I checked. Tony is afraid to stand up to his heroes. That's a huge issue. Maybe it's why he hugs them so tightly and places his head against their chests. You're an adult, shake a hand and stop acting like you're a child meeting Santa.

2) Have a roster split, even if it's through social media. Most fans want to know who is working what show every week. It's uniform and simplistic. For ten weeks, wrestler X will be on four Dynamites, two Collisions, one Rampage, and off tv completely for the remaining three weeks. That's sloppy and confusing. It leads to even hardcore fans asking, "Where's he?", "Where's she?"

3) End the rankings. Punk convinced TK to stop because this isn't football. Once he was fired, TK brought them back and within two weeks wasn't using them again. They haven't been updated in months and randoms get title matches out of nowhere. I don't care if you're 5-1 on butt trash Rampage, that doesn't mean you get a title shot on the A show now.

There's more but it's not like any of it matters. AEW has actually done really well despite Tony and some of the wrestlers he's chosen to listen to. They're just not "cool" anymore. MJF isn't cool like The Rock or Roman. Neither is Moxley. The Bucks and Perry are lame. The world champion was an afterthought for weeks because of a take over storyline that fans have ran away from. Guys like The Acclaimed went from white hot to ice cold. They could've been a version of The New Age Outlaws for a new generation. God bless, there's just so much more but I've already written a novel here.
The rankings don’t exist. They haven’t been used or updated in at least 2 months. If you’re going to make specific criticisms of of the product like that at least pay attention.

Mega-heel Dom story would be for him to go with Liv, Rhea comes back and beats Liv, then Dom goes back to Rhea. He then starts negging Rhea constantly and she just accepts it.

He might get stabbed

Well that was certainly something at the end of the show last night.
It was cool and all but how do you follow that up.

If I read correctly Drew's wife has been having some health issues so it's probably the way for him to go away for a while.

Looks like they killed some one else also. Gunshot to the head.

Dude just gets away with murder apparently.
r-is-on-of-the-most-menacing-muckduck.gif

Wait a minute, that was not an actually a member of the rap group Insane Clown Posse ? For some reason, When I read that, I thought damn, a rapper is pissed a wrestler didn't shake their hand ? LOL.

It probably means that Wyatt is an honorary member, but I think they are planning on spelling it Sicks instead of Six.

So Chad Gable just re-signed last week and they murdered him?

Are they going to use Matt HArdy's pool of reincarnation to revive him and the others as part of the WWE-TNA partnership?

Reactions: K-mac18
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT