ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

I appreciate people watching. And I put a lot into Puffenstuff/Bison, so when it’s uploaded

Just think:

(X amount of time ago), a six man match with CM Punk & FTR vs the “Elite” would’ve drawn Aew a huge Ppv, but now?

1) Punk is gone
2) Omega is out for the foreseeable future
3) Dax has turned into a blithering simp
4) Bucks have go away heat

A bunch of clowns.

Reactions: Wesley91581
I take it DynOmite was no good last night? I've stopped watching AEW stuff lately but was curious if I should check it out later. Being that no one has commented on it at all (good or bad), I'll probably skip again this week.

The problem with AEW to me is that as soon as I get invested in a wrestler, that guy either gets hurt or goes to another show to perform. It's a little bit of bad luck combined with "Whack-A-Mole" booking.

I take it DynOmite was no good last night? I've stopped watching AEW stuff lately but was curious if I should check it out later. Being that no one has commented on it at all (good or bad), I'll probably skip again this week.

The problem with AEW to me is that as soon as I get invested in a wrestler, that guy either gets hurt or goes to another show to perform. It's a little bit of bad luck combined with "Whack-A-Mole" booking.
Im on the road so hadn’t had a chance to post, but IMHO that was a really strong dynamite last night. One of the better ones in the last couple months.

I heard the Claudio/Osprey match was amazing (how could it not be?). I watched the first half in DVR and will probably finish it tonight.

I fast forwarded most of the Bucks segment/match. First hour was OK.

Reactions: GeraldV
Bucks stuff is cringe as usual - same stuff they’ve been doing last few weeks

Okada must be loving this - gets a monster pay day and barely breaks a sweat

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Didn't watch and honestly didn't miss it. Unless TK finds more Punk footage, Dynamite's new normal is in the 700,000's. There's a YT video that shows basically the entire rundown of The Bloodline story, from Heyman's first appearance at Roman's side, to his domination during covid, to bringing in the Usos and Solo, and then Sami. That's called storyline progression. How long would the storyline package be for Danielson vs Ospreay? You gotta give me and others more than "You wrestle good but I wrestle better." Is Ospreay incredible? Of course. Are his matches just a series of moves with no story? They are. And that...kinda bores me after awhile. It won't get easier either with NBA Playoffs heating up and summer on the way. If I'm WWE, I use the upcoming draft to put some main roster talent on NXT and once the move to CW is made, I work with them to get the show put on Wednesday nights.

I loved Jericho in 2000 but he needs to go. That Hook segment was awful. And I don’t really see any thing with hook. He needs to get rid of the boxers and switch to tights until he gets in the gym for leg day.

Reactions: AmericanDragon
I loved Jericho in 2000 but he needs to go. That Hook segment was awful. And I don’t really see any thing with hook. He needs to get rid of the boxers and switch to tights until he gets in the gym for leg day.
He's the modern day Erik Watts.

Just kidding, he's not close to being that bad. But Hook shouldn't be getting this mega push he's received so far.

Hook's contract is up soon and there's talk of him going to WWE. He'd likely be in NXT for a couple years at least but I'd like to see him there and away from the goofy nostalgia FTW stuff. Not sure what you do with him after that since he's so small. You'd think he'd be a Rey Mysterio type but he's more of a MMA suplex and hold guy, which if he tried that on Breakker, Priest, Reigns, or about 80% of WWE's roster, would look ridiculous.

Hook's contract is up soon and there's talk of him going to WWE. He'd likely be in NXT for a couple years at least but I'd like to see him there and away from the goofy nostalgia FTW stuff. Not sure what you do with him after that since he's so small. You'd think he'd be a Rey Mysterio type but he's more of a MMA suplex and hold guy, which if he tried that on Breakker, Priest, Reigns, or about 80% of WWE's roster, would look ridiculous.
I don’t know why that story comes up so much with Hook to NXT but it pops up like every 3 months and it’s always the same outlet originating the report. It’s so weird, like do they have a bet on Hook going to NXT or something and trying to speak it into existence.

Alas, he should leave AEW though since he won’t go on the indies or go on an excursion (like New Japan does with their talent) to get reps and learn from another system. AEW just isn’t a good career development option for young talent who seemingly think they are too good to put in the work on their own.

It’s no surprise when the young talent that do progress and improve in AEW are the ones that go out and do that stuff. Can’t get better by not working.

I know AEW can’t just be like “okay we’re sending you to Japan/Mexico/England for 6-12 months” but it’s something they need to look into starting if they aren’t going to be starting up their own school like WWE has with the PC.

And AEW needs to start leveraging their relationships with indies more to book their younger talent there as well. It’s great for the talent and the indies can get a “big” name to promote for their shows.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nightwish84
As Nightwish mentioned Dynamite did 762,000 and a .26- beat everything but the NBA.

Smackdown for tonight

AJ Styles vs. LA Knight - Winner to challenge Undisputed WWE Champion Cody Rhodes.
WWE Women's Champion Bayley vs. Naomi.

The Authors of Pain vs. Catch Republic vs. The Street Profits vs. Berto and Angel of Legado Del Fantasma to determine number one contenders to WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship.

Tama Tonga must feel pretty good about his decision so far…

It’s not just b/c of Kevin Dunn being gone but wwe is crushing this camerawork - the way everything flows is similar to cinematography

Reactions: Col. Angus
Tama Tonga must feel pretty good about his decision so far…

It’s not just b/c of Kevin Dunn being gone but wwe is crushing this camerawork - the way everything flows is similar to cinematography
I think Tonga will be just another guy long term.

I think Jacob Fatu will be the next star in that group.

Reactions: Col. Angus
New tag titles look gorgeous.

As long as Rock is behind the scenes, a Bloodline story will be front and center and he keeps repeating the long game line. Tonga might be in Bloodline mode and a new, more aggressive version of Solo for the next two years. Like others though, I can't wait for Fatu. What I like right now is they're not interested in titles. You're getting weekly updates of a new Bloodline assembling. It's like Gremlins. Cody and friends destroy the Bloodline and immediately another version pops up. Wouldn't shock me if Heyman gets laid out this summer after Fatu debuts and Roman comes back to a huge pop. Rock now involved and finally adding more Samoans will see this thing go from 2020 to like 2025 or 2026.

Reactions: Wesley91581
New tag titles look gorgeous.

As long as Rock is behind the scenes, a Bloodline story will be front and center and he keeps repeating the long game line. Tonga might be in Bloodline mode and a new, more aggressive version of Solo for the next two years. Like others though, I can't wait for Fatu. What I like right now is they're not interested in titles. You're getting weekly updates of a new Bloodline assembling. It's like Gremlins. Cody and friends destroy the Bloodline and immediately another version pops up. Wouldn't shock me if Heyman gets laid out this summer after Fatu debuts and Roman comes back to a huge pop. Rock now involved and finally adding more Samoans will see this thing go from 2020 to like 2025 or 2026.
Yup and I Iike the fact that they mentioned Tonga in Japan + being haiku’s son and how haku was one of the toughest guys ever - they just keep adding layers to the storyline

Reactions: Nightwish84
We got “Broken” Matt Hardy returning to TNA last night. Wonder if it’s a one time thing or more.

On paper it should be a really good show tonight. Hopefully no one does anything stupid to take away from it.

I'll say Swerve beat Joe to become new champion
Jack Perry returns to help the Bucks win
Thunder Rosa beats Toni Storm
Ospreay beat Danielson
Okada beats Pac

Not going to go through all 120 matches.

Matt hardy and Jericho are 2 people that don’t need to be on tv - all due respect to their accomplishments but at this point in their careers it’s time to let others have that tv time.

If Jericho can be reigned in, he can be of some value.

Broken (down) Matt Hardy should be no where on anyone’s tv unless he’s a road agent breaking up fights

I thought Collision was really good last night. Both Dynamite and Collision delivered this week, making up for how poor I thought they were last week.

I thought Collision was really good last night. Both Dynamite and Collision delivered this week, making up for how poor I thought they were last week.
Yup Collision was good - think there will be some good matches - if Swerve wins that should be a special moment.

Reactions: GeraldV
Toni exposed her gimmick there. I thought she was "broken" and lived in a black and white world, yet she wanted her promo to be in color. So she's faking everything? Her gimmick doesn't make sense.

- FTR vs the Bucks. The build involves Punk and Perry and apparently FTR was behind the Punk stuff and the Bucks lost that match because they weren't able to pray beforehand because of all the backstage drama. That's your story for this lol. Stupid.
- Pac vs Okada. A guy who rarely shows up (visa issues?) vs the supposed best in the world who's beaten Kingston for a meaningless belt and some jobbers. No build.
- Danielson vs Ospreay. 30 min. of holds, dives, and 42 kick-outs. It will get 7 stars by Tues. and will be match of the year several months from now with both Danielson and Ospreay winning several other categories on the Observer ballot. Seriously, this will be great if they don't kill each other with stupid risk moves but I personally don't care because there's no build here. You can't live off dream matches.
Joe vs Swerve. Joe hasn't done much as champion and his reign is forgettable. Swerve is solid but unfortunately doesn't draw and he shouldn't have the Embassy and a tiny manager who does a silly dance around him. Towards the end, MJF's reign sucked and Joe's reign is likely to be what Priest's reign is...just there. Hopefully Swerve brings more to the table and not more Page matches but again, dude doesn't draw. That's an issue if you're world champion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT