ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

During his Twitch stream last night, Kenny Omega talked a little bit about Brawl Out. He says he thought his duty as EVP during All Out was to enter the situation of chaos, de esculate it and create a peaceful environment for everyone. He says he was able to create a peaceful environment for the most important person, and it was Larry, CM Punks dog.

He says getting Larry out of there was the most important concern to him. Omega adds that during that situation he realized that the way he wanted to go about things wasn't how other people wanted to. He brings how when you're a performer and you're in a high stress situation and you're physically exhausted, but you're in an environment like Brawl Out, sometimes emotions get the best of you and people will want to fight.

Kenny continues with saying that maybe it's fortunate or unfortunate that he's a believer in that if it's the best way to solve things and then move on and shake hands afterwards, then he's actually a believer of fighting, which he understands sounds terrible to say.

He says that sometimes, you can't do that anymore, but sometimes, that's just how you have to settle things, sometimes. He says that he doesn't mean that you settle it and it has to be shown on tv or people go online and brag about who won or lost and that it's only purpose is to get out stuff that you need to get out especially when you cant think straight due to the stress and feels like he would get his mind together after throwing hands as long as theres no eye gouging, hair pulling or low blows. But he ends it saying that this mindset is why he has no power, nor should he. He reveals that he hasn't had power in four years and believes that he's a terrible EVP. As far as his status with Punk, he doesn't really know. He says they have mutual respect for each other and reached out to each other. Kenny says he and Punk were never "bad" with each other and that if it wasn't for another "factor", they would have been able to have that talk on the night of Brawl Out, but as far as he knows, there's no issues between he and Punk.

Kenny says that even if there was no legality to it, he's not a huge fan of pulling back the curtain on stuff that doesn't need to be public and that if people ever fight, it's for them to air out their system and for it to not be public.

Kenny’s a goof, but I do believe him 100% here.

Reactions: Wesley91581
We already knew Kenny stepped in to save Larry. The real news is him admitting he's an awful EVP and believes fighting can sometimes help solve an issue. I know for new school fans they're clutching pearls there but it's true. Have your scuffle and shake hands afterward. If news of that scuffle gets out, then take advantage and make money off it. I doubt AEW ever fully moves past those two incidents. You can call it the stink of Punk or whatever but it's like they just can't get it off their backs. Punk has been gone since last fall. It all went down in AEW. AEW would be best served to drop it completely and pretend it never happened. But how much you wanna bet the Bucks or Perry bring it up again in 2025?

Regarding the security video, the online and streaming/podcast reaction across the board is the same. What hurts worse is that it was a really bad episode of Dynamite too. Wouldn't shock me if next week's rating is in the toilet.

Been another long weekend, just getting caught up again.

That clip of Omega was very interesting. A Punk-Omega match would have been fun. Too bad TK wouldn't be a boss and make them get their crap worked out.
Speaking of Tony I think he should probably skip running this area for a while. The last Lexington and Louisville shows didn't do well and they barely got to 2,500 for Saturday's short in NKY.

Anyway Raw for tonight

WWE Intercontinental Champion Sami Zayn vs. Chad Gable.
Dominik Mysterio vs. Andrade.
WWE Universal Champion Cody Rhodes will be live
Sheamus returns
Jey Uso vs. Finn Bálor
WWE Women's World Champion champion Rhea Ripley to address Liv Morgan's attack.
Chelsea Green and Piper Niven vs. Katana Chance and Kayden Carter.

I get that Sheamus is friends with hhh but I’m not really looking forward to him returning - when he became world champ I stopped watching b/c he really adds nothing.

Sucks if true

PWInsider reports that Rhea Ripley got injured on last week's Raw, & may need to vacate the Women's World Title

Possibly as soon as tonight's Raw

• Sad
Reactions: GeraldV
For the first time in forever, I watched both smack down and raw last week. I thought they both stunk.

On the other hand, I watched both Dynamite and Collision and thought they both stunk as well.

Didn't like any of the shows.

I can't even imagine the massive pop Rhea's going to get upon her return. Hopefully she's back by Summerslam. We might get Rhea vs Liv, Punk vs Drew, Cody vs Rock there. Then at Survivor Series: War Games Rock's Bloodline vs Roman's Bloodline, finally setting up Rock vs Roman for WM41. From a storyline perspective, WWE isn't slowing down anytime soon.

Reactions: Stan the caddy
WWE had an incredibly disliked video recently and they adjusted and the storyline worked out. I'm not sure the Bucks will see this as a negative or that they know the difference between heel heat and go-away heat. I'm sure they and TK see this as good news since the IWC hasn't talked about WM for the past 24 hrs. It's a classic political move to throw something controversial out and change the narrative for a couple days. Been surreal seeing most fans turn on the company for their weird decisions and Tony's responses only to have him tweet brag about a slight ratings bump.

I do disagree with the WCW 2000 comparison. That shit was unwatchable. AEW will always have great matches, it's just a lot of their reasoning makes no sense and Tony has become an unlikeable dolt.
I don’t know if I even watched 2000 WCW. That was right around the time I had checked out on wrestling for what would amount to nearly a decade. I attempted to watch the first 2000 Nitro episode on Peacock and a half hour of that was all I could handle.

I saw where someone posted on Twitter one of the cards from a WCW 2000 episode in Memphis, Tennessee. It featured SOX New York Rules matches, two Table matches, and one Battle Royal.

And I saw a video about how many times that WCW title belt changed hands, including when it got vacated, for the year 2000. 25 title changes. Chris Benoit won the belt at a Sunday show (I assume a PPV) then had to vacate it the next DAY when he joined WWE and showed up on Raw.

Does the dragon have any commentary on the negative AEW hype? He’s gone radio silent in here since Wrestlemania. No rapid fire reply posts spinning the AEW backlash or anything.
I don’t venture past the first page of new posts so if this thread doesn’t show up there then I don’t see it. As you can imagine, there’s been a lot of other stuff taking up space on the front page over the last week.

But anyways, Fightful says Bucks were fine with footage airing and Will Ospreay wasn’t forced to do his promo and actually wrote it himself along with the writers.

Schiavone said he was selling the Bucks as heels and said you’re an idiot for thinking anything else. His words, not mine.

Footage seemed to do Perry a lot of good. His Scapegoat merch is selling so fast it keeps going out of stock on his own store and is the #1 selling item in the New Japan store.

For his New Japan match on Friday in Chicago, he was getting almost entirely boos for his entrance from the 6K+ in attendance. But before the match was even over, he had the crowd chanting and cheering for him.

But anyways, Fightful says Bucks were fine with footage airing and Will Ospreay wasn’t forced to do his promo and actually wrote it himself along with the writers.

Schiavone said he was selling the Bucks as heels and said you’re an idiot for thinking anything else. His words, not mine.

Footage seemed to do Perry a lot of good. His Scapegoat merch is selling so fast it keeps going out of stock on his own store and is the #1 selling item in the New Japan store.

For his New Japan match on Friday in Chicago, he was getting almost entirely boos for his entrance from the 6K+ in attendance. But before the match was even over, he had the crowd chanting and cheering for him.
Ya we don’t care about Jack Perry go back to the echo chamber.

Reactions: UKWildcatT
I don’t know if I even watched 2000 WCW. That was right around the time I had checked out on wrestling for what would amount to nearly a decade. I attempted to watch the first 2000 Nitro episode on Peacock and a half hour of that was all I could handle.

I saw where someone posted on Twitter one of the cards from a WCW 2000 episode in Memphis, Tennessee. It featured SOX New York Rules matches, two Table matches, and one Battle Royal.

And I saw a video about how many times that WCW title belt changed hands, including when it got vacated, for the year 2000. 25 title changes. Chris Benoit won the belt at a Sunday show (I assume a PPV) then had to vacate it the next DAY when he joined WWE and showed up on Raw.

2000 WCW would be great for Mystery Science Theater.

I was 19 in 2000. A buddy of mine and I used to get super stoned and watch 2000 WCW with our own commentary back then. It’s so bad it’s amazing. Nothing makes sense. All non-PPV matches ended with interference in less than 5 minutes. Nearly every match was contested under no DQ rules.

Scott Steiner as WCW champ in 2000 was watchable but yeah most of it was really bad.
I liked Lance Storm's stuff and of course Major Gunns.

What are your thoughts on the new WWE tag belts? I think they aren't too bad.

For UKT I'm sure there could be many but I saw something when I was off about AEW drones being all upset with one of your artworks. Wish I could find which one it was.

Dark Side Of The Ring tonight is on "Gentlemen Chris Adams."

Maven had those maximum male models guys on his YouTube channel the other day. Maven asked what kind of partying they did after shows now. They told a story about Xavier Woods renting out the banquet hall in a hotel so they could play Tekken on a huge projector while they ate pizza.

Maven was like ‘wtf dude?!’

Putting the UK basketball situation into a wrestling scenario:

How wild is it that Rick Pitino has turned babyface after more than two decades of being a heel, and John Calipari is now top heel after a 10(+5) year run as a babyface?

Scott Steiner as WCW champ in 2000 was watchable but yeah most of it was really bad.

For UKT I'm sure there could be many but I saw something when I was off about AEW drones being all upset with one of your artworks. Wish I could find which one it was.

It looks like a Ferrero Rocher

• Haha
Reactions: K-mac18 and GeraldV

My wife had Chris Adams son as a student and said he is probably one of her fav students ever. She was shocked at the shit I told her about his dad

But his son turned out great. Married, kid, great head in his shoulders.

Reactions: K-mac18
I’m sure there’s a few 100,000 more that care about Perry than care about your opinion.
You’re online echo chamber isn’t real life - what about those 2-3k AEW crowds - shew.
And those people that care about Jack Perry also
Live in their moms basement
Pee sitting down
Don’t wear deodorant

Dynamite for this evening, think Tony needs to add a couple of more things LOL.

AEW Champion Samoa Joe and Dynasty challenger Swerve Strickland to appear.
AEW TNT Champion Adam Copeland & Willow Nightingale vs. House of Black.
Will Ospreay vs. Claudio Castagnoli
Jay White vs. Anthony Bowens
The Young Bucks and Kazuchika Okada vs. Penta & PAC & Daniel Garcia.
Deonna Purrazzo vs. Mariah May.
New IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Jon Moxley to appear.
Chris Jericho to meet with Taz & Hook.
Mercedes Mone to appear.

Dynamite for this evening, think Tony needs to add a couple of more things LOL.

AEW Champion Samoa Joe and Dynasty challenger Swerve Strickland to appear.
AEW TNT Champion Adam Copeland & Willow Nightingale vs. House of Black.
Will Ospreay vs. Claudio Castagnoli
Jay White vs. Anthony Bowens
The Young Bucks and Kazuchika Okada vs. Penta & PAC & Daniel Garcia.
Deonna Purrazzo vs. Mariah May.
New IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Jon Moxley to appear.
Chris Jericho to meet with Taz & Hook.
Mercedes Mone to appear.
Everything going to be 5-10 minute segments

Rick Pitino has been humbled, old-country style (RIP Sheikie). Instead of a blood feud, he got caught with a skank at a nice restaurant, lasted 15 seconds, ejaculated down his leg, paid for her abortion, married her off to a lackey, oversaw a program that recruited underage kids with whores, squirt to the ceiling, etc. Then, he was fired by UL and turned on them. He's been busted open and is looking to get his revenge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT