ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

The worst part of wrestling fandom is wrestling fans. Fickle. Cliquey. Blindspots such as fans of only AEW or only WWE who can’t admit both products have their good and bad points. One company fanboys are the absolute worst, where if someone criticizes their favorite company the fanboy calls that person a mark for the other company or takes a wrestler leaving one company for the other very personally.

Can’t forget the people who talk down to other fans who don’t have time to watch WWE, AEW, NXT, Impact, ROH, NJPW, and any and all indy feds in a given week. No, I didn’t watch Impact, nor did I care enough about Japanese wrestling to watch it in the middle of the night.
What's weird is some fans treat these promotions like they are sports teams and they have to choose one side to root for.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
1000%

They all have their cool/interesting things and they all have bad things. The fans who think that anything that happens in Japan is top tier also suck. This weekend the Roman Reigns and Sami stuff happened and the first thing I saw on twitter was someone putting a graphic of Omega/Ospreay up with the caption "this is real story telling" and then the Reigns/Sami side said something discrediting it.
The first thing I saw Japanese related Tweeted out in regards to the Sami/Reigns stuff was a story with Bullet Club - during the Omega, Cody, Bucks, Hangman, and Marty Scurll era of the group - that actually is fairly similar.

Chops can be overplayed, but I can usually suspend by belief watching them. Multiple super kicks are a little different, at least for me.
Kind of hard to fake a chop too, as evidenced by all the blood-red chests - or even actually legit bleeding chests - in matches with a lot of chops

Reactions: Col. Angus
What's weird is some fans treat these promotions like they are sports teams and they have to choose one side to root for.

No offense, but there’s literally no difference than fans choosing a promotion to cheer/boo and you choosing to cheer Kentucky and boo (insert Louisville, Duke, Carolina, whatever college team) or Cheering your fav NFL team and booing the rival.

No difference whatsoever.

Meh seriously who cares - everyone on here is stuck in their ways let’s just all enjoy some banter and everyone’s perspective whether they agree or disagree with their view!

No offense, but there’s literally no difference than fans choosing a promotion to cheer/boo and you choosing to cheer Kentucky and boo (insert Louisville, Duke, Carolina, whatever college team) or Cheering your fav NFL team and booing the rival.

No difference whatsoever.
We are going to cheer for our whichever sports teams we love, no matter what. Watching wrestling should be like watching good television shows, they are on for our enjoyment no matter which promotion we like the best. The fans win when every promotion is good.

Dynamite for this evening...

AEW TNT Champion Darby Allin vs. ROH TV Champion Samoa Joe for the TNT title - No Holds Barred.
AEW TBS Champion Jade Cargill vs. Red Velvet.
Jon Moxley vs. Hangman Page.
Bryan Danielson vs. the debuting Timothy Thatcher.
Konosuke Takeshita vs. Brian Cage.
AEW Tag Team Champions The Acclaimed with Billy Gunn in action.

Reactions: GeraldV
Last of the wrestling Poffos as far as I know.

Th guy in the mask is his dad. The Mizer.

Last edited:
Reactions: K-mac18
It's being reported Cinnamon Toast Crunch is sponsoring a match at Wrestlemania this year.
Can only hope it will be better than the Pitch Black one.

Dynamite saw a drop in the ratings this week.

901,000 viewers and a .31 in the demo- Second behind the early NBA game, but beat the second game.

It's being reported Cinnamon Toast Crunch is sponsoring a match at Wrestlemania this year.

901,000 viewers and a .31 in the demo- Second behind the early NBA game, but beat the second game.
The NBA games were down massively from last week. The 7 pm game barely drew a million. Broadcast networks were down too for the most part. Guess people just said **** TV last night.

Compared to last week, the first NBA game saw a 29% decrease in total viewership and the second one a 49% decrease.

IF Dynamite would have had a 49% drop, they would have pulled a Rampage number

Hahaha ok
What?

I was shocked at how bad those NBA numbers were. There's no way a 0.31 should be second and barely over a million be first when a major league is in play . I know the games weren't competitive but damn. That's one of, if not the worst, Wednesday night performances I have ever seen from the NBA.

That's not even a good Dynamite number and it beat an NBA game by nearly 50k in total viewership.

Supposedly Cena might show up at WM in some type of open challenge for the US title, No thank you. Especially if it's to put Theory over. Can't stand him in anyway shape or form. Sucks on the mic, entrance music sucks, and his matches are not entertaining.

If you’re studying week to week viewership of multiple programs to justify why less people watched you’re favorite wrestling program one week you’re an absolute loser.

And that’s coming from someone currently posting on a message board about wrestling.

At kernel angus

Former NXT Women’s champion Mandy Rose has opened up her FanTime page for free for a week, allowing new fans who never subscribed to her page to enjoy her content for a month for free.

The offer, at https://www.fantime.com/fitmandyinfo expires in six days. Current subscribers also have the option to subscribe for $10 for one month, a discount from the usual $30 a month price.

If you’re studying week to week viewership of multiple programs to justify why less people watched you’re favorite wrestling program one week you’re an absolute loser.

And that’s coming from someone currently posting on a message board about wrestling.

lol at this coming from a guy who watches Slap Fight. Embarrassing

At kernel angus

Former NXT Women’s champion Mandy Rose has opened up her FanTime page for free for a week, allowing new fans who never subscribed to her page to enjoy her content for a month for free.

The offer, at https://www.fantime.com/fitmandyinfo expires in six days. Current subscribers also have the option to subscribe for $10 for one month, a discount from the usual $30 a month price.
She doesn’t do fully nude so I don’t give a shit. I’ve seen her almost nipples and almost twat a thousand times.

• Haha
Reactions: ryanbruner

Sad because top to bottom it was a solid show. I was even impressed with Jade vs. Red Velvet, particularly when she walked up the steps to the ring while holding Red Velvet over her head. Can't remember ever seeing that before.

Dynamite was good top to bottom tonight.

Sad because top to bottom it was a solid show. I was even impressed with Jade vs. Red Velvet, particularly when she walked up the steps to the ring while holding Red Velvet over her head. Can't remember ever seeing that before.
AEW ratings rarely make a damn bit of sense. Cards where you know in advance the show is going to be pretty mid, like last week other than the main event (and that main event didn't pop a big number by any means), and they post some good numbers. This week you knew based on the card the show was going to be pretty good and it loses 10% of its viewership from last week.

About the only thing you can bank on every single week is that the women are going to lose viewers in the quarter hours.

Jade's best two matches might be her last two matches against Red Velvet and Skye Blue

Dynamite's been on a hell of a run post-Full Gear

Last edited:
AEW ratings rarely make a damn bit of sense. Cards where you know in advance the show is going to be pretty mid, like last week other than the main event (and that main event didn't pop a big number by any means), and they post some good numbers. This week you knew based on the card the show was going to be pretty good and it loses 10% of its viewership from last week.

About the only thing you can bank on every single week is that the women are going to lose viewers in the quarter hours.

Jade's best two matches might be her last two matches against Red Velvet and Skye Blue

Dynamite's been on a hell of a run post-Full Gear
Meh seriously dynamite has been in basically the same range since it’s inception

New Japan officially announced Ibushi is no longer with the company and his contract expired 1/31 - what a bizarre last few months between those two.

I've given up trying to find a pattern with Dynamite's ratings.
WWE programming doesn't seem to fluctuate that wildly from week to week.

Ibushi is supposed to wrestle "Speedball" Mike Bailey at a GCW show Wrestlemania weekend. Bailey's been tearing it up with Impact.

Then there's this...

Reactions: wildcatsboston1984
Yep. I wasn't there but if a tribute show was going to happen, I'm glad it happened in KY. It was memorable, a good showing by fans there, and ratings were impressive. We'll never get AEW here as much as Chicago but it'd be nice to see a bigtime promotion do two or three televised shows here yearly.

Reactions: GeraldV
ADVERTISEMENT