ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Apollo’s name is Sesugh Uhaa and both of his parents are Nigerian immigrants. Sure the accent is amplified but he’s drawing from his actual family.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
McIntyre carries a Claymore. 🤷‍♂️

It was all Apollo’s idea so I’m sure he’s ok with it.

Lol, so I just listen to Cornette’s commentary on the Shaq match and then watched the match...good lord, lol. People praising it...

Lol, so I just listen to Cornette’s commentary on the Shaq match and then watched the match...good lord, lol. People praising it...
Good Lord. It was much better than you would expect from a greenhorn female wrestler and a celebrity ex-basketball player in a tag team match. Did you/Cornette expect Shawn Micheals-level work from them? It looked good (but not great), and it put eyeballs on the product. That's why it is being praised.

Straight up ask your boss if he is being paid by WWE to sh!t on AEW, because I believe he is. And you, you are to Cornette what Zaytoven is to AEW.

I thought they were going go full FMW and take the ropes down and wrap the barbwire, that sounds like they’ll just wrap the ropes. Unless I’m reading that tweet wrong.

EvvJI_ZUUAACi2D

TAKER.jpg

drew-carey.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: ryanbruner
No surprise you’d think this. Nobody claims it’s some Omega level 7 star classic. It was a girl with 4 years experience and Cody vs two people in the first matches of their lives. That match had no business being anywhere near as good and entertaining as it was. You would have thought Cody would have to carry the whole match but he probably did the least work of any of the 4. Everyone, AEW fans included, were calling this dumb and a sure fire flop in the weeks leading to the match and they all changed their tune afterwards. Hell, even wwe fans weren’t badmouthing it, I even saw a bunch praising it. If it could actually draw praise from the other side like that then it was good. Open your eyes.
I thought they were going go full FMW and take the ropes down and wrap the barbwire, that sounds like they’ll just wrap the ropes. Unless I’m reading that tweet wrong.
From what I’ve seen the ropes will have plywood framed walls. I’m glad they’re leaving the ropes. It may not work still but they can atleast throw each other into the ropes now. Can’t really run full speed into barbwire with no ropes there.
So does this mean it’s him?

God I hope not.

No surprise you’d think this. Nobody claims it’s some Omega level 7 star classic. It was a girl with 4 years experience and Cody vs two people in the first matches of their lives. That match had no business being anywhere near as good and entertaining as it was. You would have thought Cody would have to carry the whole match but he probably did the least work of any of the 4. Everyone, AEW fans included, were calling this dumb and a sure fire flop in the weeks leading to the match and they all changed their tune afterwards. Hell, even wwe fans weren’t badmouthing it, I even saw a bunch praising it. If it could actually draw praise from the other side like that then it was good. Open your eyes.

From what I’ve seen the ropes will have plywood framed walls. I’m glad they’re leaving the ropes. It may not work still but they can atleast throw each other into the ropes now. Can’t really run full speed into barbwire with no ropes there.

God I hope not.

I’m sorry I hurt you

God I hope not.

Wait , are you the AEW butt kissing dude that got banned and this is a new name?

Sabu would disagree. I’m very interested in the set up. Companies have tried to do this and it amounted to a couple sparklers. I’m sure AEW is going invest some money for this match. The visual of it all should be something.

I believe so.

the thing is people like him think we just like “hating” on AEW, but most of us look at it as a blown opportunity. They kept saying “sports based” and “Tony Khan loved the territory stuff”, but most knew it was all talk. They literally try to out silly the wwe. The numbers have proved right as they’ve yet to grow their fan base.

and while I LOVE Kurt Angle, he ain’t making a huge uptick in their ratings.

I find AEW entertaining, often times in a bad way.

NXT can be sturdy but boring.

WWE is WWE. It is a love/hate relationship. I dislike the silliness Vince seems to love and it feels like they could be doing so much more with the talent they have on their roster.

No longer watch NJPW, but for some reason, I though AEW would be more like NJPW.

WWE is WWE. It is a love/hate relationship. I dislike the silliness Vince seems to love and it feels like they could be doing so much more with the talent they have on their roster.

No longer watch NJPW, but for some reason, I though AEW would be more like NJPW.

Yup I pretty much agree with this...

...also this adds another name to the pot

Despite recently returning to the ring for WWE for the first time in seven years, Christian reportedly could be on the move.

According to Raj Giri of WrestlingInc.com, Christian is not under contract with WWE. The two sides reportedly held talks and ideas were discussed, but the negotiations fell through despite WWE's interest.

On Wednesday night's episode of AEW Dynamite, recent AEW signee "Big Show" Paul Wight revealed that a "Hall of Fame-worthy talent" will sign with AEW at Sunday's Revolution pay-per-view.

Giri noted that it is a "very real possibility" Christian could sign with AEW, although it isn't known if he is the surprise signing Wight was referencing.

Yup I pretty much agree with this...

...also this adds another name to the pot

Despite recently returning to the ring for WWE for the first time in seven years, Christian reportedly could be on the move.

According to Raj Giri of WrestlingInc.com, Christian is not under contract with WWE. The two sides reportedly held talks and ideas were discussed, but the negotiations fell through despite WWE's interest.

On Wednesday night's episode of AEW Dynamite, recent AEW signee "Big Show" Paul Wight revealed that a "Hall of Fame-worthy talent" will sign with AEW at Sunday's Revolution pay-per-view.

Giri noted that it is a "very real possibility" Christian could sign with AEW, although it isn't known if he is the surprise signing Wight was referencing.
It is either Christian or Angle for me at this point. I don't think I'd be happy with either, but whatever. We'll see. IDK who I'd be happy with. Honestly, I don't want any new hires. I want guys like Jungle Boy, Wardlow, Luchasaurus, Hager (YES HAGER!), Bear Country, and others get more spotlight. I think Hager with the right mouthpiece could just be a dominate force. Maybe Angle manages Hager? Idk... Just keep him off the mic, away from IC, and I think he could be great.

Reactions: CrittendenWildcat

i think most casual fans would agree with this

Have to give them credit the show is 2 hours away and AEW Revolution has been a top trender all day.

Hope I’m wrong but still think the big reveal will be either Angle or Christian, which for me would be MEH.

Think Omega retains
Bucks win when Sammy costs MJF and Jericho.
Hangman wins
Sting and Darby
Silver and Reynolds
Archer
Rosa and Riho
Miro and Kip
Shida

Sadly Twitter seems to think the signing is Christian. He would rank as one of my biggest disappointments as the signing. TK needs to grow a pair and sign Tessa and Scurll.

Honestly, I think it could be a business trip. He was talking about his trip on the radio this week but he was being kind of secretive about it.

Edit: And by the looks of his newest picture he’s sitting with the talent, not the crowd.

I could be wrong but Matt doesn’t strike me as the type to drive to Jacksonville by himself to go to an AEW PPV for the fun of it.

Reactions: Col. Angus
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT