ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

I was just thinking Shaq looked great. That was perfectly booked around him and Jade. Shaq had big moments with the shoutout to Brodie Lee, to the chops, taking out the Nightmare family, and then finally the table bump. I don't really care about women's wrestling, but I like Shida and now I like Jade. That chick is a star! She will be better then any other woman in the business. Amazing match, top to bottom. Shouldn't have been that good.

Shaq, Jade and Tully all proved haters wrong. Those were the two most entertaining matches of the night. The Shaq match was one of the most entertaining dynamite has ever had. The Bucks/MJF/Jericho stuff was great too. Don’t ever say the bucks can’t cut a promo.

Overall that was grand slam go home show. I don’t think they could have setup Revolution any better.

Any guesses on who the big signing that Paul Wight mentioned is? I’d say it’s one of Kurt Angle, Mark Henry or CM Punk. Angle is close with Wardlow. Henry wants to wrestle again. I’ve seen little things here and there for several weeks that make me think Khan could have signed Punk awhile ago and has been waiting on the right time to bring him out.

Jim Crockett Jr. passed away this evening at the age of 76. The same night we had all the NWA nostalgia.
My guess is Mark Henry

Shaq, Jade and Tully all proved haters wrong. Those were the two most entertaining matches of the night. The Shaq match was one of the most entertaining dynamite has ever had. The Bucks/MJF/Jericho stuff was great too. Don’t ever say the bucks can’t cut a promo.

Overall that was grand slam go home show. I don’t think they could have setup Revolution any better.

Any guesses on who the big signing that Paul Wight mentioned is? I’d say it’s one of Kurt Angle, Mark Henry or CM Punk. Angle is close with Wardlow. Henry wants to wrestle again. I’ve seen little things here and there for several weeks that make me think Khan could have signed Punk awhile ago and has been waiting on the right time to bring him out.

If it's Punk it is a shame he couldn't come out to a packed house. The pop would be absolutely insane.

Maybe it’s not a wrestler.
Lots of speculation that it’s Joey Styles. He just renewed the trademark for his name and all that.

I thought that was one of the better shows AEW has done from start to finish in awhile. Enjoyed the Shaq match, did not expect him to bump. AEW might have something with Jade.

They do need to be careful with all of the surprise entrant and surprise signing announcements. They hype it up like it’ll be Punk, or someone on that level, and it’s usually someone way below that level. TNA did it so much it became a meme.

Reactions: K-mac18
I normally don't like the high flying wrestlers but I have to say I like the Lucha Bros especially Rey. When you watch him he is entertaining and also you expect to see a career ending injury all at the same time.

I just saw a theory that would be disappointing and funny at the same time. That the big signing is just Paul coming out and signing his actual AEW contract, turning heel as he laughs at the fans and then he’s the heel commentator for Elevation.

AEW Revolution will be shown in select Cinemark Theaters at $20 a ticket. Seems like a better deal to watch it on a huge screen for $20 than on a tv for $50.

Cody revealed on the pre dynamite media call that Pat McAfee calls them weekly wanting a job. McAfee was tweeting about dynamite during the show last night so what Cody said doesn’t surprise me.

AEW Revolution will be shown in select Cinemark Theaters at $20 a ticket. Seems like a better deal to watch it on a huge screen for $20 than on a tv for $50.

Cody revealed on the pre dynamite media call that Pat McAfee calls them weekly wanting a job. McAfee was tweeting about dynamite during the show last night so what Cody said doesn’t surprise me.

In the “Meltzer” awards, McAfee should’ve gotten feud of the year with Adam Cole. Crazy the wwe is going to drop the ball with him

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
Ratings time

AEW- 934,000 .33 6th in 18-49 also won the 50+

NXT- 692,000 .20 19th in the 18-49

GGG- 681,000 .17 24th in the 18-49

I just saw a theory that would be disappointing and funny at the same time. That the big signing is just Paul coming out and signing his actual AEW contract, turning heel as he laughs at the fans and then he’s the heel commentator for Elevation.
I was thinking this too but I listened to Tony Kahn last night going to bed on AEW restricted. He seemed confident in his words that we’ll get two surprises but familiar faces on revolution. The contract signing and the 6th man in the ladder match.

Usually Meltzer gets quarter hour breakdowns but since I don't subscribe to his site I have to wait for someone to post them.
Interesting fact the last two weeks the women's matches drew the highest ratings on Dynamite.
Also I think Punk is filming a TV show right now.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
I must be missing something here.

While I enjoyed Shaq’s performance last night, Jade is awful. She’s still thinking about every move and it shows. She might get better, but i came away unimpressed.

While I enjoyed Shaq’s performance last night, Jade is awful. She’s still thinking about every move and it shows. She might get better, but i came away unimpressed.
Compared to all the other women in AEW and WWE, I thought she looked natural. A lot of times I feel they move so slow and telegraph everything they do. That may just be me. I didn't see that with Jade.

Reactions: TheExhaustedOne
Unless it’s Brock or someone like that he needs to tone it down.
Last time he said something like this it was the return of PAC.
If it’s a total letdown then as one of you said it’s venturing into Dixie Carter territory.

Brock or Punk are the only signings that would truly change the wrestling landscape at this point.

Someone like Okada would be a wrestling fan's idea of a huge program defining signing but it wouldn't change much in the grand scheme of things.

The only caveat is if it's a big name athlete getting into wrestling.

Reactions: Col. Angus
On the Busted Open show on SiriusXM Khan just said the person was one of his all-time favorite wrestlers.
If I was bored I guess I could Google old interviews and see if that gives any ideas.

Brock or Punk are the only signings that would truly change the wrestling landscape at this point.

Someone like Okada would be a wrestling fan's idea of a huge program defining signing but it wouldn't change much in the grand scheme of things.

The only caveat is if it's a big name athlete getting into wrestling.
I would include Cena with those two, but that’s it.

You’re definitely missing something. Outside of a couple trolls I saw universal praise online regarding her. That was the first match she’s EVER had, legitimately. She hit a spine buster that looked as good as one from a 20 year vet. She’s got the best body of any female wrestler and is one of the most athletic as well. If she could do that in her first match, under the amount of pressure she was in, she’s got the potential to be a Massive star.
Unless it’s Brock or someone like that he needs to tone it down.
Last time he said something like this it was the return of PAC.
If it’s a total letdown then as one of you said it’s venturing into Dixie Carter territory.
To be fair, when Tony said that he was referencing Sting and the stuff with Omega along with Pac. You’re right it was a letdown when everyone thought he was only talking about Pac but he had more ammo. At this point I have no clue who it is. Punk and Batista have said it’s not them. I’m really hoping it’s not Christian or RVD and I don’t care about Angle either. Someone like Okada or Ospreay would be awesome but I really doubt Tony would screw up this new partnership by poaching one of NJPW’s top guys.

Maybe it’s actually a woman? Trish maybe?

You’re definitely missing something. Outside of a couple trolls I saw universal praise online regarding her. That was the first match she’s EVER had, legitimately. She hit a spine buster that looked as good as one from a 20 year vet. She’s got the best body of any female wrestler and is one of the most athletic as well. If she could do that in her first match, under the amount of pressure she was in, she’s got the potential to be a Massive star.

To be fair, when Tony said that he was referencing Sting and the stuff with Omega along with Pac. You’re right it was a letdown when everyone thought he was only talking about Pac but he had more ammo. At this point I have no clue who it is. Punk and Batista have said it’s not them. I’m really hoping it’s not Christian or RVD and I don’t care about Angle either. Someone like Okada or Ospreay would be awesome but I really doubt Tony would screw up this new partnership by poaching one of NJPW’s top guys.

Maybe it’s actually a woman? Trish maybe?
Christian is under contract with WWE. Not sure about RVD's status.

I’ve read rvd has a documentary with wwe releasing in May. Khan has said his Mount Rushmore is Jericho, Flair, Bret and Austin. Chris is there, flair is in wwe and they’ve had Bret show up before. A higher up wrestler in AEW told Sean Ross Sapp that the person would legit shock people. I know the chances are a million to 1 but damn what if it was Austin. Khan has been on his podcast so they do have a rapport with each other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT