ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

16 years ago...crazy how it doesn’t feel that long ago...also Cena looks really quick and crisp in this clip

Now Cena was the one that would use the same promo line and wrestle the same matches for years. Not Reigns. When watching Roman he's just better.

Again Ciampa is the best thing is wrestling right now in my opinion...

Have no idea who that is. Could come up and pinch my nipple while smiling and I wouldn't know. Could ask him his name, him tell me, and still wouldn't have a clue.

And I agree.

My parents let me order that PPV (didn't have my own money yet) just because I was so excited to watch a Hell in a Cell match. I seriously just sat there in complete silence.

On one hand it was a great match. On the other it really hurt wrestling because it caused people to try and top a stunt that never should have happened in the first place. That and if you've ever seen Mick Foley in person, he has a really bad limp.

My parents let me order that PPV (didn't have my own money yet) just because I was so excited to watch a Hell in a Cell match. I seriously just sat there in complete silence.

On one hand it was a great match. On the other it really hurt wrestling because it caused people to try and top a stunt that never should have happened in the first place. That and if you've ever seen Mick Foley in person, he has a really bad limp.

Foley screwed Foley

Reactions: Col. Angus
Ciampa vs HBK Takeover Brooklyn 2019 before mania. Mark it down. Everyone seems to think HBK's one off will be AJ or Gargano but I see Ciampa being the guy. I think HBK's final match will be against one of his NXT guys.

I suppose WWE’s new tactic to get Reigns cheered is to have Brock not defend the belt at Extreme Rules and Summerslam.

LTAMUPu.png

[roll]

Wasn’t a huge Jeff Hardy fan but was a pretty big RVD fan...imagine both of their careers if drugs didn’t get the best of them.

RVD for about a 5-year stretch was the most must-see wrestler in the country. Really from the time he wrestled Bigelow in ECW - STAR MAKER MATCH - to the time he blew out his knee. I don't think he ever recovered from his knee injury in 2004. Even when he was world champ he wasn't the same physically. He was going to drop the title sooner rather than later whether he had been caught with weed or not.

Ciampa is the best heel in the "PG" era. Gargano/Ciampa is the best feud of the "PG" era. It'll only get better of Candice joins Ciampa, because Gargano lost focus in his family and wife. What'll seal the deal for me as best feud ever, is if Candice kisses Ciampa on screen.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
Ciampa is the best heel in the "PG" era. Gargano/Ciampa is the best feud of the "PG" era. It'll only get better of Candice joins Ciampa, because Gargano lost focus in his family and wife. What'll seal the deal for me as best feud ever, is if Candice kisses Ciampa on screen.
This is where the breaking of kayfabe hurts the feud because it's been made clear to the public that Johnny and Candice are happily married in real life.

If Paul Heyman were booking this feud he would make Johnny and Candice get a divorce.

RVD for about a 5-year stretch was the most must-see wrestler in the country. Really from the time he wrestled Bigelow in ECW - STAR MAKER MATCH - to the time he blew out his knee. I don't think he ever recovered from his knee injury in 2004. Even when he was world champ he wasn't the same physically. He was going to drop the title sooner rather than later whether he had been caught with weed or not.

Mr. Monday Night!

RVD should have left ECW immediately after his somersault plancha onto Bigelow. Or, you know...

He gave potheads a bad name. Too laid back. Not enough ambition. Blamed others for his own shortcomings.

AND I'm a RVD mark. And I'm familiar with cannabis. But I didn't let it hold me back.

Maybe he didn't have the Mic skills, but he had every other tool. And he could cut a whiny heel promo.

He should have been all-league, but he was at best an all-star who put up good stats but never did much more.

Reactions: JLRCat
Mr. Monday Night is right up there with "Extreme" Cactus Jack grabbing 10 minute head locks as the absolute best heat seeking gimmicks in ECW

Reactions: BKH34
Thought Castle was going to lose at the PPV but then they did it the next night.
Lethal's title win makes him only the fourth person to hold the ROH Title twice, Austin Aries, Jay Briscoe and Adam Cole (3 times) being the others.

I don't think the fans would boo him ever so I would say a face..

Starting with the Brooklyn Show all the Takeovers will now start at 7:00 pm. I wonder if that means they will be 3 hour shows now.

Looking forward to the New Japan Show this weekend. Should be great.

- RIP Matt Cappotelli

- My favorite old school wrestler thing that's true across the board is they all think every sport is a work. I don't know if it's an inferiority complex or if their years of working everything just warps their mind, but any old time worker thinks every pro sports league is a straight up work from top to bottom. It's truly amazing

- RIP Matt Cappotelli

- My favorite old school wrestler thing that's true across the board is they all think every sport is a work. I don't know if it's an inferiority complex or if their years of working everything just warps their mind, but any old time worker thinks every pro sports league is a straight up work from top to bottom. It's truly amazing
I knew from Conrad's shows that Matt had gotten cancer again but I never realized how bad it had gotten.

Those of you who got to watch OVW when Paul Heyman had the book (2004-06 ish?) should remember the tag team breakup angle and ensuing world title feud they did with Cappotelli and Johnny Jeter. It's some of the best wrestling TV I've ever seen. They did one of those angles where the entire locker room comes out in disgust of the caliber of beatdown that Jeter put on Cappotelli and then when Cappotelli won the OVW title from Jeter a few months later you would have thought the sky was the limit. Then he got cancer the first time.

- I'm not going to say every sport is a work but have you seen Russia during this World Cup? I think Jack Tunney is in charge of FIFA, that's all I'm saying.

Todd Pettingzoo seems like the nicest and most annoying person ever.

Also love to see that he still can't resist a horrible haircut

latest

todd-pettengill-toddprofile2-1359153523.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT