ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Speaking of Dean...worst WWE/F champ ever...

200.gif

But Vince is the greatest promoter of all-time and his feud with Austin pretty much won the Monday night wars over Nitro for good - my question is if Dean isn’t the worst then who is?
Well, if we're excluding non-wrestlers like Vince, I don't think anybody will agree with me on this, but they never should have put the belt on Jeff Hardy, much less multiple times. Jeff Hardy didn't deserve it.

Well, if we're excluding non-wrestlers like Vince, I don't think anybody will agree with me on this, but they never should have put the belt on Jeff Hardy, much less multiple times. Jeff Hardy didn't deserve it.

I can see where you’re coming from...although for a period of time we was very over with the fans he still didn’t necessarily deserve to be a multi-time world title holder.

Guys who are contention for worst champ who were actually wrestlers:

Jinder
Sheamus
JBL
Slaughter
Del Rio
Diesel
Bray Wyatt

I'd say at least 3 of those guys were worse AND had worse runs than Dean.

Reactions: FtCampbellCat
Dean needs that "absence makes the heart grow fonder" bump that returning guys get. He also needs to be a serious, maniacal heel. He needs to be Ciampa.
The worst thing they did with with the Shield has nothing to do with Roman Reigns - it was making Ambrose the face and Rollins the heel. That's like breaking up the Rockers and having Marty be the heel. You just don't do that. Credit to Rollins to recovering from his initial heel run.

I've seen Ambrose do heel work so good that the most self-absorbed wrestling crowd out there wouldn't cheer for him - like Ciampa, only better at promos and slightly more unhinged. Ciampa's heel stuff is more of a calculated crazy, whereas Ambrose reminds me a lot of Piper when he works heel.

The worst thing they did with with the Shield has nothing to do with Roman Reigns - it was making Ambrose the face and Rollins the heel. That's like breaking up the Rockers and having Marty be the heel. You just don't do that. Credit to Rollins to recovering from his initial heel run.

I've seen Ambrose do heel work so good that the most self-absorbed wrestling crowd out there wouldn't cheer for him - like Ciampa, only better at promos and slightly more unhinged. Ciampa's heel stuff is more of a calculated crazy, whereas Ambrose reminds me a lot of Piper when he works heel.
This Vince McMahon "Sylvester the Cat" line begs to differ...

Roman is the single worst thing in wrestling history.

But if we are talking guys that didn’t deserve the title because they aren’t main event talents then I say JBL big time, Jinder, Hardy, Edge and Christian if he ever won it? The last two blow my that they got as high up as they did. Imo all the guys I posted were only ever mid to upper mid card talent. Or jobber in jbl’s case. I just stopped watching wrestling during his title days.

Roman is the single worst thing in wrestling history.

But if we are talking guys that didn’t deserve the title because they aren’t main event talents then I say JBL big time, Jinder, Hardy, Edge and Christian if he ever won it? The last two blow my that they got as high up as they did. Imo all the guys I posted were only ever mid to upper mid card talent. Or jobber in jbl’s case. I just stopped watching wrestling during his title days.

Out of those Edge had some mega heat on him especially with the Matt Hardy/Lita stuff but yeah once JBL got the belt I stopped watching Smackdown.

Not recognizing Edge's skill is pretty silly. He had the mic skills, look, in-ring skill, and drive. Christian was just a step behind him. They were legit.

Tommy Rich was the worst champ, but he had a short reign.

Jinder is the correct answer here.

Reactions: FtCampbellCat

I just felt like this needed to shared again.

I hope when Ambrose returns and he immediately goes after Rollins. Hell show up tonight and cost Rollins his rematch.

I just felt like this needed to shared again.

I hope when Ambrose returns and he immediately goes after Rollins. Hell show up tonight and cost Rollins his rematch.

I’d be okay with that but also helping Rollins by evening up the odds, help Rollins get the belt back, then dirty deeds on Seth with Dean holding up the belt to close the show.

Not recognizing Edge's skill is pretty silly. He had the mic skills, look, in-ring skill, and drive. Christian was just a step behind him. They were legit.

Tommy Rich was the worst champ, but he had a short reign.

Jinder is the correct answer here.
The look of a mid carder maybe. Him and Christian are in the same category as the Hardy’s for me.

Speaking of Ciampa...

Would it be too obvious for Candice to turn on Johnny and align with Tomasso?

If it were the main roster than possibly so. I mean they just appeared to turn Bayley heel last night.

I actually thought about it while watching NXT Chicago and thought surely HHH wouldn't do that.

2001 Had one of the best Royal Rumble's ever, the 3 Stages Match between Austin and HHH the Best WM of all time and the Invasion Angle.

There were some years in the mid 2000's that were much worse.

If it were the main roster than possibly so. I mean they just appeared to turn Bayley heel last night.

I actually thought about it while watching NXT Chicago and thought surely HHH wouldn't do that.

Interesting because Bayley has said in interviews she wanted the opportunity to be a heel then eventually go back to baby face, however, Sasha is a perfect heel as her NXT work showed.

You know the worst year? 2009. Whatever one it was where they started doing guest hosts for Raw. There was only one good guest host ever - Bob Barker.

2009 also had TNA completely lose itself too. Bad year for wrestling. So much worse than the worst of this year will get.

Edge was a damn good champ. Christian didn’t quite have the look to be a great champ, but as for working he is one of the best ever.

The best thing about Edge was that he just kept working at it and kept improving. He wasn't a very good champion early in his run as a main guy - They had John Cena do promos calling him a transitional champion! But by the time he faced Taker at WM 24, he was a complete package as a wrestler. That match might be the most underrated match of the 2000s and it gets largely forgotten because Undertaker had those matches with HBK the next two years at WM.

Gotta get Corey Davis in here to defend his boy Edge. He can do it better than I can, but I'm firmly on team Edge.

The best thing about Edge was that he just kept working at it and kept improving. He wasn't a very good champion early in his run as a main guy - They had John Cena do promos calling him a transitional champion! But by the time he faced Taker at WM 24, he was a complete package as a wrestler. That match might be the most underrated match of the 2000s and it gets largely forgotten because Undertaker had those matches with HBK the next two years at WM.

Gotta get Corey Davis in here to defend his boy Edge. He can do it better than I can, but I'm firmly on team Edge.

Yeah I think Edge was somewhat underrated as a champ and kind of grew into it and embraced being champ.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT