ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

When I was a kid I watched Saturday morning wrestling and then later on Sunday Night Heat because I was obsessed with it and there usually wasn't anything else on around that time of evening. For the life of me I don't know why anyone watches Rampage. And that small audience has gotta be adult men. Adult men watching a legitimately bad wrestling show that no one takes seriously. Who are these people?

If I were WWE, I'd throw Heyman with either the Steiner kid or Walter. Solo just isn't getting it done, IMHO. Especially if Roman is going to stay a part timer for the immediate future.

Reactions: sefus12
When I was a kid I watched Saturday morning wrestling and then later on Sunday Night Heat because I was obsessed with it and there usually wasn't anything else on around that time of evening. For the life of me I don't know why anyone watches Rampage. And that small audience has gotta be adult men. Adult men watching a legitimately bad wrestling show that no one takes seriously. Who are these people?
Rampage has some solid wrestling most weeks. The two TNT title qualifier matches last week were better than most of what was on Collision and Dynamite.

Raises hand.

I DVR it and “watch” it with breakfast/coffee on Saturday mornings* By watch, I mean it’s on while I eat, feed my dogs and read my phone. If something catches my eye/ear, I’ll look up.

* during the portion or the year where there’s no college football or college basketball.

I have YouTubeTV, so I just record all wrestling to my unlimited DVR. But, I have a lot of unwatched Rampages and half watched Collisions in my library.

Was Mark Henry even watching the shows? How do you work there and be this lacking I knowledge of the product? No wonder TK didn’t want to re-sign him.

There was a period in my youth where I would watch EVERYTHING that was on TV where I was. I'd watch Raw and tape Nitro. Always watched Thunder. we didn't have UPN so no Smackdown. Would watch wcw saturday night. sunday night heat. rent every tape I hadn't seen, and then sit in my room and watch WCW Worldwide on bunny ears and half the time it was blurry. Also would play wrestling video games.

Looking back, its amazing I had any friends at all.

There was a period in my youth where I would watch EVERYTHING that was on TV where I was. I'd watch Raw and tape Nitro. Always watched Thunder. we didn't have UPN so no Smackdown. Would watch wcw saturday night. sunday night heat. rent every tape I hadn't seen, and then sit in my room and watch WCW Worldwide on bunny ears and half the time it was blurry. Also would play wrestling video games.

Looking back, its amazing I had any friends at all.
Yup same and then the one night I was randomly channel surfing and came across ecw that was icing on the cake

Reactions: MegaBlue05
oh dang I forgot ECW somehow. It came on the USSB preview channel for some random reason. So I watched that for a bit too. Never watched ECW on TNN because at that point I had a car and a part time job after school. Suddenly my wrasslin time was depleted.

Jacob Fatu going to run circles around Solo Midkoa.

Problem is his criminal record is going to keep him off some, if not all, the international stuff.

Reactions: GeraldV
I really don't remember off the top of my head, but did Booker T and MVP get to go to international shows? I never remember where shows are anymore. And Orton was dishonorably discharged but I guess that'd just depend on what he did.

Also I've only ever been to Canada and Mexico and I don't even have a passport so I really have no idea what I'm talking about.

Raises hand.

I DVR it and “watch” it with breakfast/coffee on Saturday mornings* By watch, I mean it’s on while I eat, feed my dogs and read my phone. If something catches my eye/ear, I’ll look up.

* during the portion or the year where there’s no college football or college basketball.

I have YouTubeTV, so I just record all wrestling to my unlimited DVR. But, I have a lot of unwatched Rampages and half watched Collisions in my library.
Slightly off topic... I record Dynamite to watch the next day and my DVR cuts off while the action is still going on. Don't think I have seen the ending to Dynamite in several weeks now. Why can't TK learn to properly format his damn wrestling show?

Slightly off topic... I record Dynamite to watch the next day and my DVR cuts off while the action is still going on. Don't think I have seen the ending to Dynamite in several weeks now. Why can't TK learn to properly format his damn wrestling show?
They constantly have an overrun can you set to end 15 minutes late?

That is annoying and frustrating.

AEW usually does an over run but the DVRs guides don’t account for it if you’re using a cable or satellite DVR.

My YouTube TV picks up the overrun, but I had this problem on satellite at my former residence. Dynamite would just abruptly end at 10 p.m. I had to manually set it to end 10 minutes late (or record the show after it if feeling lazy). It’s a pain in the ass.

Solo Midkoa would still be in NXT if he was any race other than Samoan. Actually, he may not have ever even been signed if he wasn't Samoan.

What's with WWE and AEW giving out "undeserved" top title shots with such frequency these days?
  • Christian Cage gets an AEW title shot when his last match was losing the TNT belt
  • Roderick Strong gets an AEW title shot just one match removed from losing the International title belt
  • Piper Niven has one singles win in the last year and gets a Women's title shot
  • Ethan Page has been with NXT for 8 days with zero career matches in WWE/NXT and gets an NXT title shot

If you like a bit of silliness and puppets to go along with your wrestling, check out our friends show - Tooney Town wrestling.

(He also appears on other Disney (entertainment) podcasts ripping up the goofiness that’s now Disney)

If it isn’t your thing, skip this post and have a fun day)

Someone is really pushing a thing that is simply not anyone's thing.
fetch mean girls GIF

They constantly have an overrun can you set to end 15 minutes late?
That is annoying and frustrating.

AEW usually does an over run but the DVRs guides don’t account for it if you’re using a cable or satellite DVR.

My YouTube TV picks up the overrun, but I had this problem on satellite at my former residence. Dynamite would just abruptly end at 10 p.m. I had to manually set it to end 10 minutes late (or record the show after it if feeling lazy). It’s a pain in the ass.
Dynamite will usually show on my DVR to end at 10:05. But when 10:05 comes it cuts off while there's still action in the ring. Yes, I could set my DVR to add 5 more minutes, but if TK wants people to watch his show, why can't the billionaire get his shit straight?

Dynamite will usually show on my DVR to end at 10:05. But when 10:05 comes it cuts off while there's still action in the ring. Yes, I could set my DVR to add 5 more minutes, but if TK wants people to watch his show, why can't the billionaire get his shit straight?
Lol, knowing there just might be an overrun, why not adjust your DVR after it happens the first time? Assuming you want to watch the whole show, I mean.

Reactions: AmericanDragon
WWE hasn't done a great job of really building Solo up. He played the interfering thug role well but still lost a ton of singles matches and then dominated Cena out of nowhere. He's okay in this placeholder role I guess but that's all it is. They're playing the Solo is just a placeholder for Reigns card when the reality is Solo is moving the Samoan pieces around the chessboard for The Rock. I have no idea what Solo's career looks like in a few years though. I can't imagine we're still watching a big Bloodline story being played out in 2026 and beyond. But not all these guys can become "Main Event" Jey Uso or Roman Reigns. Dude might just end up in a tag team.

703,000 last week
768,000 this week

Those are NXT's numbers. Yeah...really. NXTNA plus Ethan Page is getting eyeballs.

No major sports tonight and MJF is back. Guys, I think Dynamite finally breaks the 800,000 seal tomorrow.

703,000 last week
768,000 this week

Those are NXT's numbers. Yeah...really. NXTNA plus Ethan Page is getting eyeballs.

No major sports tonight and MJF is back. Guys, I think Dynamite finally breaks the 800,000 seal tomorrow.
I was surprised their demo went down this week with the extra 65K viewers. They finished first on cable with only a .22, last week they were .24.

Competition must have been non-existent for a .22 to be first. Normally first place on a Monday-Thursday is well over .30.

Reactions: Nightwish84
I was surprised their demo went down this week with the extra 65K viewers. They finished first on cable with only a .22, last week they were .24.

Competition must have been non-existent for a .22 to be first. Normally first place on a Monday-Thursday is well over .30.
Dynamite and SD might not fare too well next week. NBA Finals game three on Wed. and game four on Fri. I'm not an NBA guy but even I'll be checking in on those games.

Dynamite and SD might not fare too well next week. NBA Finals game three on Wed. and game four on Fri. I'm not an NBA guy but even I'll be checking in on those games.
Dynamite will be on my iPad. I’m a Celtics guy so Celtics in the finals will take precedent.

It’s a shame though, Ospreay vs. Fenix is going to be incredible

We’ll see. Instead of arguing over the credentials of ratings and other boring bullshit, I’m offering a take.

As someone who has given many takes on this website for many years, it’s important to know I’ve been wrong before and have developed thick enough skin to handle the rare occasions when I’ve been wrong. You can’t always be right but you can be interesting. Hope you understand!

THANKS, GUYS! 👋

Reactions: Col. Angus
Like it or not, “THANKS GUYS!” Is going to get over. Watch.
I don't know what is more annoying this whole Learning Tree gimmick or Mercedes Mone's CEO gimmick and hair. I am probably in the minority but she does nothing for me. From the weird hair to the same stripper pole dance she goes to a thousand times when she is on camera it seems so forced.

If "Thanks guys" refers to Jericho, then yes, SB is likely correct. A lot of the hardcores online have already said the last couple weeks that his segments are so cringe that it's become enjoyable. Also remember, Jericho got "YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!" over. It's pure sports entertainment trash tv from a time when WWE was bad which you'd think every AEW fan would despise, but some are beginning to like it. I guess Jericho took "Thanks guys" from TK since that's Tony's awkward go-to which has been getting mocked online the last year or so.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT