ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Webber

CatsnRoses

Senior
May 13, 2007
I hope the masses do everything possible to make sure this clown never calls another UK game again. I can say without hesitation he's the worst color commentator I've ever had the misfortune of listening to in any sport.

College basketball is already a niche sport. Kentucky is by far its biggest and most avid fanbase. You'd think the least CBS/Turner could do is make sure they don't subject us to this halfwit for every single tournament game come March.

Lost track of how many "great calls" he applauded that just happened to be awful calls that went against us. And how many "missed calls" he highlighted on the rare occasion we actually got away with something. And of course anytime we benefited from a call it was a "bad call", no questions asked. Three straight games, not ONCE did he actually agree with or advocate for a call on our behalf. Meanwhile he was literally begging for calls for Davidson, Buffalo and K-State dozens of times each game.

Absolutely pathetic.

i thought it was odd that he praised Uk's defense when they allowed a game winning, uncontested layup.....was that sarcasm?

Reactions: UKUGA
He along with most others really gets excited when the underdog is winning or wins the game. I'm sure there are a whole lot more people happy that we are out of it than still in it.

I hope the masses do everything possible to make sure this clown never calls another UK game again. I can say without hesitation he's the worst color commentator I've ever had the misfortune of listening to in any sport.

College basketball is already a niche sport. Kentucky is by far its biggest and most avid fanbase. You'd think the least CBS/Turner could do is make sure they don't subject us to this halfwit for every single tournament game come March.

Lost track of how many "great calls" he applauded that just happened to be awful calls that went against us. And how many "missed calls" he highlighted on the rare occasion we actually got away with something. And of course anytime we benefited from a call it was a "bad call", no questions asked. Three straight games, not ONCE did he actually agree with or advocate for a call on our behalf. Meanwhile he was literally begging for calls for Davidson, Buffalo and K-State dozens of times each game.

Absolutely pathetic.
This. I was cussing that SOB every other breath. I told the wife to listen how damn biased he is. She was even astonished. The WORST commentator in the business, hands down. He pissed me off almost as bad as PJ missing all those FTs last night. Get anyone but that POS to do our games from now on.

Absolutely pathetic.
I noticed it as well..

I'm still pissed at the way Webber commentated that game and the other two games as well. He added to my frustration last night. Scratch that, the POS multiplied it. It was truly unbelievable. Dude has always said shitty things about UK. He NEVER misses an opportunity.

Edit: Makes me HAPPY he choked away with that TO he called in 1993. Dude never won shit at any level. Good!!!! I noticed he had a smartass comment about Mashburn last night. He couldn't carry Mashburn's jock. He's lucky Mash fouled out and Dale Brown got hurt in 1993. He would've never had the chance to call that infamous TO. I loved him in the NBA. Now I HATE that SOB.

There was a BS foul call on SKJ against Buffalo. I mean a terrible call. Webber said, "that's a good call, it was a foul. He got in the way." GOT IN THE WAY?! I have NEVER heard that said in a basketball game, NEVER. Anyone remember that?! If so, what's your opinion on it?! Got in the way. Wow!!!! [roll]

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
I normally don't get on here and write anything negative.
BUT, he is the worse announcer I have listened to in 50 years. He was very obvious in his bias against KY.
I was madder at him last night than the officials. Totally uncalled for the way he agreed with every call against KY, and I mean every call.
Don't know what is problem his, maybe he thought he'd get more twitter hits if he showed bias against BBN.

GO BIG BLUE

Reactions: Aike
Why would you be more mad at Webber than the officials? That’s ridiculous lol. Even if you thinks he’s a horrible announcer, nothing he said affected the outcome of the game

He was more against us than Jay Williams or Dick Vitale are for Duke. It was pathetic. I will absolutely never watch another UK game he calls. Even if it’s the National championship game. I can’t tolerate him.

We were talking about this as well during the game. Dude was so quick to support refs when call was against UK. But then whenever there was even a good foul call against Kansas State, all i heard was crickets from Chris. Probably had a flashback to the timeout call half the time there was a whistle and blacked out.

Reactions: Aike
Weber was horrible. There are other biased announcers out there but no one that is biased AND adds so little to the broadcast that is actually valuable. Dakich is a good example. He may not like UK but he knows his stuff. Weber clearly doesn't.

Reactions: Aike and blubo
that was almost as maddening as the play..

...did anyone hear him say bitches??

Biased as hell. I can't believe how many times he was saying that we were getting the benefit of a whistle..he probably said it multiple times ALL THREE games each.

Reactions: CatsnRoses
We blew his azs up on Twitter. He was trending alright, in a negative way. Fans from everywhere was calling his bias out, evenMike Francesa. We had a blast!!

"I believe that went off Kentucky..the refs need to look at that.".."I don't believe that was a shooting foul..Diallo was passing..the refs need to look at that."...Chris Webber..lmao..he mentioned missed travels a lot too..yeah, that big, ringless, goof should know all about missed travels.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT