ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Coyte, "it was not" incidental contact

e0bvm.gif

It's not Stoops' job to rein in player behavior on the field.

I’m not defending Coyte at all or condemning Snell, but Stoops needs to reign in player attitude on the field. There’s a tad too much of a lawlessness feel and it may have finally cost us.
I agree with the overall attitude problems on the team but this isn't an example of that. The official initiated the contact here not Benny. He has ever right to refuse the official from helping up.

I agree with the overall attitude problems on the team but this isn't an example of that. The official initiated the contact here not Benny. He has ever right to refuse the official from helping up.

Beat me to it.

I’m not defending Coyte at all or condemning Snell, but Stoops needs to reign in player attitude on the field. There’s a tad too much of a lawlessness feel and it may have finally cost us.

Finally, yes. But only against uk football.

SJ can be pile driven into the ground at UGA with no flag but Baity can form tackle a receiver to the ground and be flagged. Yes!!! Gotta love playing football in the SEC.

Lastly, I typed uk and UGA in lower case and you see what auto correct did...even the bits and bytes are biased against us.

He did but grabbing and pushing off is part of that salty attitude that has gotten some of our players in trouble. Snell shouldn’t have been ejected and I think the ref overreacted but Snell could have easily handled the refs assistance better.

Incidental contact?

Did he bump him when he got up or something? Surely he's not referring to the one second that he touched his hands incidental contact? What a puss.

What a terrible reporter. The ref is not lying because these questions are terrible. No wonder he has to cover Vanderbilt football.

Was it incidental contact? No it wasn't. It was deliberate. Caused by the referee.

Was it intentional? Yes it was. The referee put his hands on Benny Snell on purpose.

Who initiated the contract and was at fault for it? That's the question he should have asked.

The thing is the official was carefully ignoring the hits after the whistle and was just signalling where the ball should be spotted so he didn't think that he was extending his hand in a way that Snell thought, from his vantage point, that he was offering a hand up after letting the late hits go. He is a very poor official. Pitiful in fact. He should apologize to Kentucky and then never ref another game.

The thing is the official was carefully ignoring the hits after the whistle and was just signalling where the ball should be spotted so he didn't think that he was extending his hand in a way that Snell thought, from his vantage point, that he was offering a hand up after letting the late hits go. He is a very poor official. Pitiful in fact. He should apologize to Kentucky and then never ref another game.
Should be suspended at least a year

He did but grabbing and pushing off is part of that salty attitude that has gotten some of our players in trouble. Snell shouldn’t have been ejected and I think the ref overreacted but Snell could have easily handled the refs assistance better.
The ref initiated contact not Snell. Terrible call

Reactions: UKGrad93
Just a bad call and they can't spin it. There's video evidence. As for reigning emotions have any of you spent time on a football field? Sideline coaching? Lockeroom before game at halftime or right after? Emotions run extremely high it's a physical game thats played with High Emotions. Until you have spent time doing those things you will not understand the emotions that are required to play this game. It's like none other. Coaches tell players to neon that edge but don't cross it to hurt your team. As for this incident this borderlines stupidly. They must have hired these guys right off a football message board to officiate the game today

The ref initiated contact not Snell. Terrible call
Snell pushes off, it’s not like he did nothing at all. It was minor and not worthy of ejection but let’s be objective, his attitude bit him in the ass. He plays that way all year but he needs to chill out when it comes to the refs. Snell push off on other players all year with a lot of attitude after plays, he and the team just need to bring it down a notch. If you give a ref an opportunity to make a bad call then it’s more likely to happen.

I saw the ref reaching down for the ball to spot it and Benny pushing him while getting up. It's funny how people can watch the same video and get different impressions. I think some discretion could have been used by the ref but the vast majority of the time that contact gets the player ejected. I probably would have erred by simply flagging Benny for unsportsmanlike conduct. The thing is that the refs (and there are a lot of them on the field with the players) are moving towards the down player after every play. The ref being in that spot to get the ball was not unusual but instead expected and ordinary. Again, I wouldn't have ejected Benny but he was way too hyped and let it get the best of him. JMO -- I'd like to hear a better explanation from the ref than the Twitter quips.

I saw the ref reaching down for the ball to spot it and Benny pushing him while getting up. It's funny how people can watch the same video and get different impressions. I think some discretion could have been used by the ref but the vast majority of the time that contact gets the player ejected. I probably would have erred by simply flagging Benny for unsportsmanlike conduct. The thing is that the refs (and there are a lot of them on the field with the players) are moving towards the down player after every play. The ref being in that spot to get the ball was not unusual but instead expected and ordinary. Again, I wouldn't have ejected Benny but he was way too hyped and let it get the best of him. JMO -- I'd like to hear a better explanation from the ref than the Twitter quips.

ohvk8m.jpg

Just what ball did you see him reaching for? No wonder Benny didn't want him touching.

You would have been wrong even calling him for unsportsmanlike in that situation. Benny didn't nothing wrong there. That's totally on the ref.

You realize NO ONE agrees with this.

When something happens, I look for neutral reactions rather than Kentucky reactions.

EVERYONE said the ref was out of line and said it was one of the worst calls they’ve seen.

I’ll trust those neutral parties

Number 1...the refs should be punished for not blowing the plah dead when benny stepped out. They also should have thrown a 15 yard flag on northwestern for late hit.

Number 2. The ref should in no way shape or form touch a player. It's his fault, and ad an adult he should have manned up and realized that. Instead, he got caught up in his California feelings.

Number 3. I saw him touch other players throughout the game. Other players touched him back also.

Number 4. They also almost let play conti he while our quarterback was on the ground in pain. They should be severely reprimanded for this. Player safety is number 1 to compound that by throwing a 15 yard flag on Kentucky is utterly atrocious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT